Reggie lies on CNN: "3rd-party games like CoD look dramatically better on Wii U"

#71GeneStarwindPosted 11/25/2012 11:43:23 AM
Man, some of you guys are crazy ignorant. This all had to do with just lazy porting. Games that were released on launch for both the 360 and ps3 were the same. It's just going to take a little bit for the devs ton get used to programming for the Wii u.
---
XBL GT - Invader Darko
#72EoinPosted 11/25/2012 11:47:32 AM
GeneStarwind posted...
Man, some of you guys are crazy ignorant. This all had to do with just lazy porting. Games that were released on launch for both the 360 and ps3 were the same. It's just going to take a little bit for the devs ton get used to programming for the Wii u.

The topic isn't about why CoD on Wii U doesn't look dramatically better than the Xbox 360/PS3 version. The topic is about Reggie openly lying, saying that it does look dramatically better, although it very obviously does not.
#73GeneStarwindPosted 11/25/2012 11:53:38 AM(edited)
From the video comparisons on YouTube I felt some of it did look better, specifically there smoke and fire when the helicopter landed. Hes just doing his job tho.
---
XBL GT - Invader Darko
#74BrasenPosted 11/25/2012 11:54:19 AM
Eoin posted...
GeneStarwind posted...

The topic isn't about why CoD on Wii U doesn't look dramatically better than the Xbox 360/PS3 version. The topic is about Reggie openly lying, saying that it does look dramatically better, although it very obviously does not.

it does look better. Just doesn't play as smooth as the 360, which is programming fault that's understandable. Reggie used the right term, whats your point?
#75EoinPosted 11/25/2012 12:03:20 PM
Brasen posted...
it does look better. Just doesn't play as smooth as the 360, which is programming fault that's understandable. Reggie used the right term, whats your point?

Does it look "better"? Who cares, that's not what was said.

Does it look "dramatically better"? No, it doesn't.
#76ILikesCheesePosted 11/25/2012 12:10:32 PM
TiamatKiller posted...
emagdnE posted...
Reggie lies

what else is new?

Reggie should have went on FoxNews.
Totally. Fair. and. Balanced.

indeed, especially considering the similarities between the people who vote republican and those who are still Nintendo fans

Fox News and Miiverse: bubbles that protect their denizens from facts

Yeah that made sense and was a completely factual and well-thought out generalization (which are also always correct).

Actually, yes. That DOES make sense. Fox News "fans" and the typical "fanboy" do indeed have a lot in common. For starters, neither one care much for facts.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#77pokemonfreak97Posted 11/25/2012 12:11:38 PM
So... you're mad because a public-relations and sales person made a qualitative statement that (like most qualitative statements) can't be backed up?

So.

It has come to this.
---
I hack life.
Got a Wii U launch night!
#78BuretsuPosted 11/25/2012 12:12:57 PM
Eoin posted...
Brasen posted...

Opinions, how do they work???
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#79BrasenPosted 11/25/2012 12:16:09 PM
Eoin posted...
Brasen posted...

I don't disagree with that. But im not gonna let an adverb, used obviously by a business man to hype his product, be the sole reason in that comment to make me care enough by posting about it or calling the man a liar. Especially when used in the context of an opinion, his opinion. Fact being it looks better, opinion (or biased) being how much better. He's only the president of NoA...
#80EoinPosted 11/25/2012 12:18:27 PM
Buretsu posted...
Opinions, how do they work???

Differently to objective realities, such as "the Wii U is a games console", "Call of Duty is published by Activision" and "the latest Call of Duty game on the Wii U does not look dramatically better than the latest Call of Duty game on the Xbox 360".

There's only so far opinion can be stretched.