#71maxmansupaPosted 11/26/2012 9:26:39 PM
El_Dustino posted...
Sol_Clyde posted...
YamagishiD posted...
emagdnE posted...

Aren't Japanese people really humble?

the exact opposite

they have quite the superiority complex, especially in regards to non-japanese

From my time with family and such in Japan, they are rather critical of themselves. They will find just as many things to bash about themselves as feel proud of. But yea, they do have a bit of a superiority complex in regards to other countries and cultures at times.

Wrong.
It's not about feeling superior. They're just very protective of their own culture. It's why they avoid mixing with other people online. (Their online communities are closed for foreigners)
Their cutlure is simply different. If you're a foreigner and you're in their country you're basically in someone else's house and they expect you to act accordingly. There's no 'Make yourself at home.'

Eh... anyone that denies that there is strong nationalism in Japan, even post World War II, is not exactly right...

So their not exactly wrong either?

Honestly, their culture, much like any other countries culture, is extremly complex, and can only be completly understood if one was born their and lived their their whole life (Doesn't mean we can't have an idea about what the culture is like though).

Besides, us Americans tend to get pretty nationalistc as well, just not as overt I guess.
#72TrixonePosted 11/26/2012 9:26:56 PM
If I can make it, it's not art. I can't make a video game (although I know programming), therefore, it is art.
---
PS3 60 RIP | Slim | Vaio VGN-FE | Deneb AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE OC'd
Playing: SSFIV:AE, DS - Samurai of Legend
#73PoltergustPosted 11/26/2012 9:28:41 PM(edited)
Um, you guys do realize that the TC linked you to a 3-year-old news article (that focuses on some expo) and provided no proof that Miyamoto said what the TC claims he said, right?
---
I find sports video games to be the ultimate in irony and redundancy.-Kahai
#74COlimar788Posted 11/26/2012 9:32:01 PM
I'll be frank: anyone who seriously believes video games aren't art is either hyper-pretentious or an idiot.

Miyamoto, even if he was a genius, has proven time and time again as of lately that he really, really doesn't get it. So...
---
Twilight Sparkle is best pony.
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7169-9510
#75IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/26/2012 9:43:39 PM
COlimar788 posted...
I'll be frank: anyone who seriously believes video games aren't art is either hyper-pretentious or an idiot.

Miyamoto, even if he was a genius, has proven time and time again as of lately that he really, really doesn't get it. So...

Exactly.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#76MuZemike(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 1:09:45 AM
COlimar788 posted...

Some games are art but Nintendo games are not art.
#77Wario_manPosted 11/27/2012 1:14:08 AM

Reverse racism, you're doing it right.
---
Respect isn't learned, it's earned.
#78TheSmartBlondePosted 11/27/2012 5:21:39 PM
emagdnE posted...
Miyamoto is a hollow shell of his former self?!

what else is new?!

the exact opposite

they have quite the superiority complex, especially in regards to non-japanese

You can't say that. Japan is the best country in the world.
#79GEKGanonPosted 11/27/2012 5:48:48 PM
If video games aren't art, then neither are movies.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#80STE573Posted 11/27/2012 5:52:42 PM
kamikaze135 posted...
Video games aren't art.

You have no idea what you're talking about, I bet you find the word "Pepsi" written in Coke cans art don't you?
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, psn ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing- Far Cry 2 (360), Kingdoms of Amalur (360), Pokemon Red (GBA), Pokemon Blue (GBA)