Update Bricking question

#1SuperSavePoint1Posted 11/25/2012 4:41:37 PM
So I've read about the issue and know that it can occur when you cut out the power (which is something I wouldn't do) but is the bricking occurring from uneven/lost wifi connection a thing that is really happening? My apt's wifi isn't awesome and really don't want the update killing the machine if I can't just restart the wifi.

Thoughts? Comments? Horror stories?
#2LinetrixPosted 11/25/2012 4:43:28 PM
SuperSavePoint1 posted...
So I've read about the issue and know that it can occur when you cut out the power (which is something I wouldn't do) but is the bricking occurring from uneven/lost wifi connection a thing that is really happening?

Yes.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#3Enigma149Posted 11/25/2012 4:44:59 PM
SuperSavePoint1 posted...
So I've read about the issue and know that it can occur when you cut out the power (which is something I wouldn't do) but is the bricking occurring from uneven/lost wifi connection a thing that is really happening? My apt's wifi isn't awesome and really don't want the update killing the machine if I can't just restart the wifi.

Thoughts? Comments? Horror stories?

Apparently, though it also appears as though many are false alarms.

I'd make sure you have a stable Wifi connection, though. Strong? Not really important. Stable? Very much so.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey
#4SuperSavePoint1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 4:46:32 PM
Yeah the stability of it is more what I'm worried about. Geez no pressure then, super excited about it but not sure I've been more nervous hooking up a new console before.
#5Shadowbird_RHPosted 11/25/2012 4:50:01 PM
The update doesn't start until the download is complete. There is zero danger to the Wii U during the download process, it's only during the update process when you have to be careful, and since at that point all of the update data is already downloaded, the state of the internet connection is of no consequence during updating.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#6SuperSavePoint1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 4:52:55 PM
Shadowbird_RH posted...
The update doesn't start until the download is complete. There is zero danger to the Wii U during the download process, it's only during the update process when you have to be careful, and since at that point all of the update data is already downloaded, the state of the internet connection is of no consequence during updating.

Thanks! wish some of the other links had said it this way (instead insert fire and brimstone!!)