Donkey Kong Country Returns is the best DK game..?

#1Solid_SOAPPosted 11/25/2012 10:24:48 PM
Not really relavent to the Wii U, but Nintendo in general. I love Donkey Kong Country Returns, and I genuinely consider it to be one of, if not the best all time Donkey Kong game Nintendo have released yet. It sold itself as a rehash of the Country games, but it's really so much more. The level design is the best in the series, the visuals are gorgeous, the controls are spot on (Say what you want about the waggle, it worked for me), there's tons of replay value, and overall you can just see that a ton of detail was spent on every little bit of the game. My only caveat is that the music was basically all rehashed, but the tracks were good to begin with and haven't been heard in ages, so I'm not really complaining.

Anyone else agree? I know many consider the original Country games to be classics, but I truly believe DKCR to be the best Donkey Kong game yet, and perhaps one of the finest and most full 2D platformers I've ever played.
#2Soanevalcke6Posted 11/25/2012 10:29:44 PM(edited)
It's the Best IMO, with DKC 2 in Second.

I also agree about the controls. A Moderate shake was barely anything, and it was always responsive for me. Always.

I would also Agree that it's the Best Action Platformer yet. But taking into account Action Adventure Platformers, games like Symphony of the Night, and Super Metroid easily beat it
---
Qualities I look for in games: Music, Atmosphere, and Exploration.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the best game of this generation.
#3AXKSIONPosted 11/25/2012 10:26:50 PM
No.

The Country trilogy and the original Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Junior are far better.

Returns is okay, okay but inferior.
---
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif Say "hi" to your 2012 World Champions: The San Francisco Giants!!!!
#4NightsOwlPosted 11/25/2012 10:30:36 PM(edited)
I don't quite agree.

DKC2, DKC, DKC3, DKC:R.
---
Not changing my signature until Breath of Fire VI or EBA2/Ouendan3 is announced.
People with Waifus need Laifus.
#5Banjo2553Posted 11/25/2012 10:32:41 PM(edited)
AXKSION posted...
No.

The Country trilogy and the original Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Junior are far better.

To me, I think Returns is pretty dang good. The level design is top notch. Though the original trilogy (mostly 2 though) has excellent music and graphic art style though.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#6Starwars4JPosted 11/25/2012 10:31:31 PM
AXKSION posted...
No.

At least you make your jokes obvious
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#7Banjo2553Posted 11/25/2012 10:32:13 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8MisterSmeePosted 11/25/2012 10:33:47 PM
I prefer the original trilogy
#9robinhoekPosted 11/25/2012 10:36:42 PM(edited)
If I ever get to play it with a control scheme I like then maybe. By the time I got my hands on DKCR I was tired of wii mote controls.

Also, the Tikis were a bit lame IMO.
#10AXKSIONPosted 11/25/2012 10:35:32 PM
Starwars4J posted...
AXKSION posted...
No.

At least you make your jokes obvious

Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Junior (I prefer Junior) are excellent games and will forever be classics, unlike Returns, which lacked character / charm.
---
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif Say "hi" to your 2012 World Champions: The San Francisco Giants!!!!