Donkey Kong Country Returns is the best DK game..?

#31Final Fantasy2389Posted 11/26/2012 12:54:03 AM
robinhoek posted...
Final Fantasy2389 posted...
I loved DCKR. Was such a fantastic game and I was so happy to have a new DKC. I don't like the tikis much. I'm thankful they got rid of the underwater levels. Probably one of my least favorite things in all of video games is underwater levwls. The music for those levels were so good tho.

I don't get the hate for the underwater levels. They were some of the best in my opinion. That being said at least we both agree that the underwater levels had some excellent music.

It's nothing personal against DCK. I hate underwater levels in general. On any game.
---
WWE Diva and SES season 1 winner. Smart. Sexy. Powerful. Eve Torres <3
http://bit.ly/J38z1u | http://bit.ly/KIjaFT | http://bit.ly/RQBee0
#32Vegeta1000Posted 11/26/2012 1:07:37 AM
DKCR is a great game. However, I like the original DKC trilogy more.

The stuff I can't stand in DCKR:

No other Kongs besides Cranky
No animal buddies besides Rambi
Forced motion controls
Diddy uncontrollable in Single-Player
Rocket barrel levels
Tikis are very lame (admit it)
Secrets in levels are too easy to find (the older games, they were more clever)
No underwater levels (underwater levels had been in every DK game so why stop now?)
No ice levels
No snow levels

That being said, DCKR is a great game and one of the best on the Wii. However, other than a few level themes and remixed music, it has little in common with the old games. DK64 had more in common with the original DCK trilogy than DCKR.
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!
#33ShinChuckPosted 11/26/2012 1:30:52 AM
DKC2 is still the king, by far, as others have said. I prefer 1 to Returns as well. It's been a long time since I've played 3, but I was less than thrilled at the time, although I quite liked it.

And I did like Returns quite a bit too, don't get me wrong, it's just not knocking DKC2 off it's perch anytime soon.
---
GamerTag: ShinChuck, PSN: ShinChuck1
http://homepage.mac.com/shinchuck - Video games, YouTube, Deviantart, Etcetera.
#34Plasma EXEPosted 11/26/2012 1:38:45 AM
I'd put it over the first Donkey Kong Country, but below Donkey Kong Country 2. I still think the game would have worked with other control schemes and not just waggle controls for rolling.

It's really hard to top the OST of DKC2 though.
---
The official Shiki-Ouji of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
3DS FC - 2750-1413-5336
#35Oni_TaedoPosted 11/26/2012 1:43:06 AM
AXKSION posted...
Starwars4J posted...
AXKSION posted...
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm, whut?

I just named 9 critical flaws.

Haha do I need to pull out dictionary.com for you? Go look up what objective means, and then tell me how you not liking certain enemies is an objective flaw.

And seriously thank God they got rid of those terrible water levels. Worst part of the original DKC games by far.

Oh yeah, thank an unproved being for lack of variety in a video game. More games like DKCR need to have LESS VARIETY!

You probably think less is more, and think that FFXIII is a groundbreaking and innovative game, since that game guts everything, just like DKCR is gutted of DKC elements.

You mean DKCR doesn't have the awesome music, great level design, and amazing gameplay which involves rolling into, throwing barrels, and jumping at enemies? Well damn, I guess it really ISN'T a true DKC after all.

I guess DQ9 isn't a real DQ either since it gutted all the memorable character designs, colourful characters and environments, good music, and turn based combat.

And FFXIII IS a groundbreaking and innovative game, it's a good example of how NOT to make a game.

DKCR's lack of water levels sucks, yeah, but they make up for it with some of the best level design ever, some great visuals for a Wii title, and despite the tikis, all the other enemies were quite creative.
---
If you have accepted Kenshiro as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, you are already dead.
#36MetalGearNarutoPosted 11/26/2012 1:44:19 AM
I actually just played it again and its FREAKING AMAZING.
#37Oni_TaedoPosted 11/26/2012 1:47:15 AM
Plasma EXE posted...
I'd put it over the first Donkey Kong Country, but below Donkey Kong Country 2. I still think the game would have worked with other control schemes and not just waggle controls for rolling.

It's really hard to top the OST of DKC2 though.

^This guy knows his stuff.

Why can't Aksion be as correct as him?

The real order of the DKC series is

DKC2>>>>DKCR>>>>.DKC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DKC3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DK64.

DK64 was awful.
---
If you have accepted Kenshiro as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, you are already dead.
#38GeminiX7Posted 11/26/2012 1:50:25 AM
DKC2 is the best Donkey Kong game. There is no arguments to be had otherwise.
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#39nathninteyonePosted 11/26/2012 2:03:47 AM
64 for me... I loved that game so much
#40CrystalTsubakiPosted 11/26/2012 2:08:47 AM
I like Donkey Kong 64 the most.

Donkey Kong Country Returns was a good game. I would have liked it more if there were more kongs though.