Donkey Kong Country Returns is the best DK game..?

#51PedroMontanaPosted 11/26/2012 2:51:16 AM
It's ok, but it's not as good as the original trilogy.
---
No More Heroes
#52therealdmanPosted 11/26/2012 2:58:31 AM
DKCR was a fantastic game, but I liked DKC2 a little bit more.

DKC2 > DKCR > DKC1 > DKC3
#53Doom_InfinitePosted 11/26/2012 3:04:44 AM(edited)
The best Donkey Kong Country game is 1 imo, it had the most significant impact on us and the industry at the time. I really like 2 and 3 too.
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
#54LonelyGoombaPosted 11/26/2012 3:06:29 AM
I found the shaking a little annoying during time attack

was no reason not to give players a choice

but it's 10/10 game
#55El_ZaggyPosted 11/26/2012 3:55:48 AM
DKR is a generic game made for malking the DK franchise.

Snes trilogy is better since R has major flaws, the major one is that it doesnt feel like a DK game and it use a wiimote which is quite bad. The music wasnt very good, the nostalgia isnt there.
#56Soanevalcke6Posted 11/26/2012 6:37:06 AM
AXKSION posted...
Starwars4J posted...
AXKSION posted...
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm, whut?

I just named 9 critical flaws.

Haha do I need to pull out dictionary.com for you? Go look up what objective means, and then tell me how you not liking certain enemies is an objective flaw.

And seriously thank God they got rid of those terrible water levels. Worst part of the original DKC games by far.

Oh yeah, thank an unproved being for lack of variety in a video game. More games like DKCR need to have LESS VARIETY!

You probably think less is more, and think that FFXIII is a groundbreaking and innovative game, since that game guts everything, just like DKCR is gutted of DKC elements.

You probably think Resident Evil 6 is a groundbreaking and innovative game, because it has variety.
---
Qualities I look for in games: Music, Atmosphere, and Exploration.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the best game of this generation.
#57Solid_SOAP(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 7:41:05 AM
I find it funny that almost every complaint regarding the game basically comes down to "It isn't enough like the old games".
#58DJNfinityPosted 11/26/2012 7:46:45 AM
No doubt. The first one is the second best, IMO.
---
Nostalgia-~-[+..oo]
#59djrudenPosted 11/26/2012 7:49:02 AM
All this will be completely subjective but IMO the first, original DK Arcade game remains the finest DK game ever made. Without it's success, subsequent DK games would not exist.
#60Solid_SOAP(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 8:04:08 AM
djruden posted...
All this will be completely subjective but IMO the first, original DK Arcade game remains the finest DK game ever made. Without it's success, subsequent DK games would not exist.

Obviously without the first there cannot be more, but speaking of objective overall quality you cannot deny Country Returns as a wonderful product.

Also, I welcome Nintendo experimenting and creating new characters and art styles for their games as they did in Country Returns. New and original ideas over rehash, I say. I'll take brand new enemies and new art over reused music and art as seen in just about every NSMB game.