For those of you that want a system but can't find one:

#1squidney2k1Posted 11/26/2012 12:29:30 AM
Screw dealing with "waiting lists" from places like Game Stop and Best Buy.

1) Call up a basic department store (i.e. Walmart, Sears, Target, etc).
2) Ask them if they have any in stock (probably not).
3) Ask to speak to the department manager. Request to have them call you back, if necessary.
4) Ask when they expect their next delivery: they know, no matter what they say. Inventory does not just magically arrive. It's always specifically ordered, but they may not get the amounts they request.
5) Ask to place a Special Order request, offered to be paid in full. A few stores will not do this (Target), and most stores will not fulfill the request against inventory amounts that they cannot confirm. However in this day and age, with customer service being paramount and the fact that a sale is a sale, they will not shoot you down. A manager will explain to you some options.
6) Ask to be notified with a phone call when the order is confirmed and delivered. I have NEVER had a store NOT do this once I went through these steps.
7) Get a call. Run your *** down there and buy a system.

This is a process I've always followed, and it allowed me to get a 360, PS3, and Wii U all withing the week of launch, without ever pre-ordering. In fact, the only system I've ever pre-ordered was the piece of **** Vita haha. This is how I was able to get my Wii U from Wal-Mart this past Wednesday. Got a call from a manger telling me they arrived, he even told me how many and approx when they would go out to the shelves. I got there and they weren't stocked yet, but employees pulled one from the back for me.
---
\m/ (O_o) \m/ Alan Wake is the best game you DIDN'T play in 2010.
Please Sony, don't kill Heavy Rain!
#2Sailor GoonPosted 11/26/2012 12:32:10 AM
So instead of a wait list, you still have to wait for a phone call?How does this help at all?
---
As told to me by Gamefaqs admin: They hire 17 year olds as moderators!
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh
#3The_OllynatorPosted 11/26/2012 12:34:22 AM
So instead of a wait list, you still have to wait for a phone call?How does this help at all?

Slightly more reliable than Gamestop, I think.
---
"The next statement is true. The previous statement was false." ~ Stephen Colbert
3DS FC: 3308-4568-6063 (Olly) NNID: Omega613 (Olly)
#4xLexLuth0rxPosted 11/26/2012 12:35:55 AM
I would never wait for a store to call me for something that's in high demand. Very unreliable if you ask me. And as for the store actually knowing when they'll get more in, that's not always correct, and rarely if that. Many retailers use an auto replenish system that sends stock when it sells. The stores usually are at the mercy of waiting for that to happen and rarely if ever know before they arrive.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
NNID - LexLuthor (Add me)
#5kdognumba1Posted 11/26/2012 12:37:19 AM
Kmart is your best bet
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#6The_OllynatorPosted 11/26/2012 12:38:32 AM
On a related note, has anyone actually had troubles with GS? I've had great service with them. Never have I been screwed over or had issues with preorders. Admittedly, I deal almost exclusively with their online storefront, and I do so from Canada, but still - anyone?
---
"The next statement is true. The previous statement was false." ~ Stephen Colbert
3DS FC: 3308-4568-6063 (Olly) NNID: Omega613 (Olly)
#7MANTI5Posted 11/26/2012 12:42:39 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8squidney2k1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 12:43:23 AM
Sailor Goon posted...

a) Game Stop will put you at the back of a list.
b) Game Stop will have more customers seeking a console that most other stores.
---
\m/ (O_o) \m/ Alan Wake is the best game you DIDN'T play in 2010.
Please Sony, don't kill Heavy Rain!