400,000 sold first week.

#111Helmsly2008Posted 11/26/2012 12:07:27 PM
Baha05 posted...
Helmsly2008 posted...
i don't know if 400k is good or not... the xbox 360 sold a million, black friday 2011.

It's pretty damn good, also if you are comparing the 360 of 2011 then it's not a good comparison as by that point the 360 had a massive library and price drops.

ok, nice to know.
#112GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 11/26/2012 12:12:45 PM
Until Wii U gets the amount of broad 3rd party support that 360 and PS3 have gotten, its still a waste of money to me and a stillbirth console.

The Wii Sold 96 Million over its life and never got jack **** outside of sparse 1st party support and 99% garbage shovelware.

Sales dont really say anything when it comes to Nintendo, since Nintendo always needs to be the weird kid that tries too hard to be different, and has a jerky elitist attitude about itself.

Let me know when Nintendo stops alienating 3rd party devs and publishers with their "we're making architecture that will force you to spend more time and money than any other platform to get similar results, cuz it saves US a buck" bull**** and their total ineptness when it comes to serving developers needs with proper toolsets so they CAN make good games.

The damn things just launched and already we have so much feedback from devs that the architecture is terrible and not worth all the trouble to bother with supporting, and that its underpowered for its price and underpowered in general. I don't think I've ever heard so much openly vocal developer hate for a console, and especially so soon.

Development costs these days are too high as it is and devs are too afraid to invest in anything that seems remotely risky. Nintendos installed userbase on the Wii hardly ever bought anything besides nintendo games, even call of duty sold poorly compared to versions on other platforms.

Can't wait to see the sales number for black ops based against total console sales so far, that'll be the final nail in the coffin to keep devs from bothering with the system. COD sells insanely well on other platforms even though its garbage, if it sells poorly on Wii U based against its own hardware sales and also poorly when compared to sales on other consoles, alot of 3rd party devs will just be further convinced the platforms just a waste of time to put their games on, outside of very lazy ports that look like garbage.

Nintendo won't comment on games outside of the launch window, because outside of whats already been talked of, there really isn't anything because all the 3rd party devs are either disgusted with the architectures bottle necks and the poor toolset support from Nintendo, or they're too paranoid with how poorly everything non nintendo sold on the Wii.

Its gonna be the Wii all over again. 350 bucks for just a small handful of Nintendo 1st party games dripped out over 6 years is just not a good deal at all. I wanna play the new Zelda and Metroid and stuff (providing they dont end up sucking) but nintendo really makes it impossible for me to stand behind them these days.
---
"Dragon Age 2 was a train wreck the entire game, ME3 was like screaming rollercoaster that ran out of track and everyone died." -nIMr0D888
#113LinetrixPosted 11/26/2012 12:14:11 PM
That's an extremely low number of units sold for a console released a few days before Black Friday.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#114Baha05Posted 11/26/2012 12:15:08 PM
Linetrix posted...
That's an extremely low number of units sold for a console released a few days before Black Friday.

Considering this thing has really no advertisement and no real Black Friday deals it's not a shock.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#115Nickcool1996Posted 11/26/2012 12:16:44 PM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
Until Wii U gets the amount of broad 3rd party support that 360 and PS3 have gotten, its still a waste of money to me and a stillbirth console.

The Wii Sold 96 Million over its life and never got jack **** outside of sparse 1st party support and 99% garbage shovelware.

Sales dont really say anything when it comes to Nintendo, since Nintendo always needs to be the weird kid that tries too hard to be different, and has a jerky elitist attitude about itself.

Let me know when Nintendo stops alienating 3rd party devs and publishers with their "we're making architecture that will force you to spend more time and money than any other platform to get similar results, cuz it saves US a buck" bull**** and their total ineptness when it comes to serving developers needs with proper toolsets so they CAN make good games.

The damn things just launched and already we have so much feedback from devs that the architecture is terrible and not worth all the trouble to bother with supporting, and that its underpowered for its price and underpowered in general. I don't think I've ever heard so much openly vocal developer hate for a console, and especially so soon.

Development costs these days are too high as it is and devs are too afraid to invest in anything that seems remotely risky. Nintendos installed userbase on the Wii hardly ever bought anything besides nintendo games, even call of duty sold poorly compared to versions on other platforms.

Can't wait to see the sales number for black ops based against total console sales so far, that'll be the final nail in the coffin to keep devs from bothering with the system. COD sells insanely well on other platforms even though its garbage, if it sells poorly on Wii U based against its own hardware sales and also poorly when compared to sales on other consoles, alot of 3rd party devs will just be further convinced the platforms just a waste of time to put their games on, outside of very lazy ports that look like garbage.

Nintendo won't comment on games outside of the launch window, because outside of whats already been talked of, there really isn't anything because all the 3rd party devs are either disgusted with the architectures bottle necks and the poor toolset support from Nintendo, or they're too paranoid with how poorly everything non nintendo sold on the Wii.

Its gonna be the Wii all over again. 350 bucks for just a small handful of Nintendo 1st party games dripped out over 6 years is just not a good deal at all. I wanna play the new Zelda and Metroid and stuff (providing they dont end up sucking) but nintendo really makes it impossible for me to stand behind them these days.

Okay, screenshot this and post it again in about two years to see if you're right.

Until then, we're just going to be in the present and look at sales instead of worrying about the future.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://sadpanda.us/images/723723-KR3JJKL.jpg
#116AkaimizuPosted 11/26/2012 12:17:01 PM
I was expecting that Nintendo got a lot more units out by then. They really were struggling to get units out.
---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vem Reld (http://server6.uploadit.org/files/greatisgood-Ninja.jpg)
#117LinetrixPosted 11/26/2012 12:18:09 PM
Baha05 posted...
Linetrix posted...

Considering this thing has really no advertisement and no real Black Friday deals it's not a shock.

Just like the Vita. Uh oh!
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#118NoJobBobPosted 11/26/2012 12:19:45 PM
thats more than the vita has sold in its entire lifespan
#119Baha05Posted 11/26/2012 12:20:08 PM
Linetrix posted...
Just like the Vita. Uh oh!

No pretty sure the Vita had Black Friday sales and bundles.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#120LinetrixPosted 11/26/2012 12:20:23 PM
NoJobBob posted...
thats more than the vita has sold in its entire lifespan

Uhh, no.
---