400,000 sold first week.

#121LinetrixPosted 11/26/2012 11:20:55 AM
Baha05 posted...
Linetrix posted...
Just like the Vita. Uh oh!

No pretty sure the Vita had Black Friday sales and bundles.

Pretty sure the Wii U had advertising.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#122Baha05Posted 11/26/2012 11:22:03 AM
Linetrix posted...

Yeah but not any real Black Friday deals though is the thing.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#123Nickcool1996Posted 11/26/2012 11:22:25 AM
Linetrix posted...
Baha05 posted...
Linetrix posted...
Just like the Vita. Uh oh!

No pretty sure the Vita had Black Friday sales and bundles.

All of the above is true.

Well, the Wii U had no televised Black Friday deals, but it definitely had advertising.

The Vita ran a commercial about its price on last Friday.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://sadpanda.us/images/723723-KR3JJKL.jpg
#124SuperShyGuy9000Posted 11/26/2012 11:22:51 AM
Linetrix posted...
That's an extremely low number of units sold for a console released a few days before Black Friday.

Really you can't even give Nintendo that either? It sold 100,000 less than Wii which was released around the same time (November 19, 2006) and you call it "extremely" low.

Weren't you one of the "where is the hype" guys?
#125GM_Posted 11/26/2012 11:22:53 AM
Quote:Until Wii U gets the amount of broad 3rd party support that 360 and PS3 have gotten, its still a waste of money to me and a stillbirth console.

The Wii Sold 96 Million over its life and never got jack **** outside of sparse 1st party support and 99% garbage shovelware.

Sales dont really say anything when it comes to Nintendo, since Nintendo always needs to be the weird kid that tries too hard to be different, and has a jerky elitist attitude about itself.

Let me know when Nintendo stops alienating 3rd party devs and publishers with their "we're making architecture that will force you to spend more time and money than any other platform to get similar results, cuz it saves US a buck" bull**** and their total ineptness when it comes to serving developers needs with proper toolsets so they CAN make good games.

The damn things just launched and already we have so much feedback from devs that the architecture is terrible and not worth all the trouble to bother with supporting, and that its underpowered for its price and underpowered in general. I don't think I've ever heard so much openly vocal developer hate for a console, and especially so soon.

Development costs these days are too high as it is and devs are too afraid to invest in anything that seems remotely risky. Nintendos installed userbase on the Wii hardly ever bought anything besides nintendo games, even call of duty sold poorly compared to versions on other platforms.

Can't wait to see the sales number for black ops based against total console sales so far, that'll be the final nail in the coffin to keep devs from bothering with the system. COD sells insanely well on other platforms even though its garbage, if it sells poorly on Wii U based against its own hardware sales and also poorly when compared to sales on other consoles, alot of 3rd party devs will just be further convinced the platforms just a waste of time to put their games on, outside of very lazy ports that look like garbage.

Nintendo won't comment on games outside of the launch window, because outside of whats already been talked of, there really isn't anything because all the 3rd party devs are either disgusted with the architectures bottle necks and the poor toolset support from Nintendo, or they're too paranoid with how poorly everything non nintendo sold on the Wii.

Its gonna be the Wii all over again. 350 bucks for just a small handful of Nintendo 1st party games dripped out over 6 years is just not a good deal at all. I wanna play the new Zelda and Metroid and stuff (providing they dont end up sucking) but nintendo really makes it impossible for me to stand behind them these days.

@GAMER_X_REVIVAL

Cool story bro.

Trying too hard/10
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#126lacrossekid01Posted 11/26/2012 11:29:14 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Y'know, I think it would have sold better if they didn't have more basic bundles than deluxe. There are plenty of people, myself included, who won't buy the console until there is a deluxe model available. I just can't justify purchasing the standard bundle.

I agree. I want to buy a WiiU console but I can't find the Deluxe unit anywhere. I see basic units in most stores I check. Oh we'll I can wait.
#127SuperShyGuy9000Posted 11/26/2012 11:30:28 AM
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv92/crono857/bloudeces/zz9Sh.png
#128MmaguyPosted 11/26/2012 11:31:11 AM
Sold Wii and DS sales and the Wii U is selling well also. There are no Wii U's around at all and a friend of mine has been trying to get one since launch and there's none around his area either.

Nintendo doing pretty well in general right now, good for them.
#129GM_Posted 11/26/2012 11:33:33 AM
Quote:P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Y'know, I think it would have sold better if they didn't have more basic bundles than deluxe. There are plenty of people, myself included, who won't buy the console until there is a deluxe model available. I just can't justify purchasing the standard bundle.

I agree. I want to buy a WiiU console but I can't find the Deluxe unit anywhere. I see basic units in most stores I check. Oh we'll I can wait.

@lacrossekid01

Meh basic was good enough for me. I don't even miss not having those extra things and I'd rather have an external hard drive anyway than pay more for 32 GBs of storage.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#130P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 11/26/2012 11:38:24 AM
GM_ posted...
Quote:P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...

@lacrossekid01

Meh basic was good enough for me. I don't even miss not having those extra things and I'd rather have an external hard drive anyway than pay more for 32 GBs of storage.

I want it for Nintendo Land, really. I'm going to get the game anyway so I might as well save the money buy purchasing the deluxe bundle. And it comes with extra things as well so that's just more of a bonus.
---
Currently Playing: Shenmue2, NSMB2
http://youtu.be/X21mJh6j9i4