400,000 sold first week.

#131staticxtreme5Posted 11/26/2012 12:39:28 PM
Yeah, eff the basic model. Gotta have that charge cradle. Between that and the game it comes with, its worth the extra. I didn't even consider the extra storage space when i bought the deluxe. As much as you have to charge the gamepad its definitely nice to have the dock.
#132GM_Posted 11/26/2012 12:41:00 PM
Quote:Yeah, eff the basic model. Gotta have that charge cradle. Between that and the game it comes with, its worth the extra. I didn't even consider the extra storage space when i bought the deluxe. As much as you have to charge the gamepad its definitely nice to have the dock.
@staticxtreme5

I have no problem using a charge cable and I have no interest in Nintendoland. Just me.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#133SuperShyGuy9000Posted 11/26/2012 12:42:13 PM
staticxtreme5 posted...
Yeah, eff the basic model. Gotta have that charge cradle. Between that and the game it comes with, its worth the extra. I didn't even consider the extra storage space when i bought the deluxe. As much as you have to charge the gamepad its definitely nice to have the dock.

Yeah I think it would have sold more if both colors were just deluxe. There are more Basic models hanging around in stores.
#134tizzywilkillyouPosted 11/26/2012 12:49:20 PM
GM_ posted...
Quote:Yeah, eff the basic model. Gotta have that charge cradle. Between that and the game it comes with, its worth the extra. I didn't even consider the extra storage space when i bought the deluxe. As much as you have to charge the gamepad its definitely nice to have the dock.
@staticxtreme5

I have no problem using a charge cable and I have no interest in Nintendoland. Just me.

I'm really loving the charging dock/cradle. I keep it on an end table sort of out of the way, but it's always right there to grab immediately when I want it. No need to fiddle with wires. The only thing that would be nice is a second charging cable (the one connected to the cradle doesn't quite reach comfortably if I want to play with it plugged in, without moving it to another outlet). I'll pick one up eventually when they can be had for cheap, even if they're aftermarket. The Nintendo ones are at least $20 I believe, which is a bit steep.
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#135kyomagiPosted 11/26/2012 12:54:25 PM
Linetrix posted...
That's an extremely low number of units sold for a console released a few days before Black Friday.

still did better than the 360 and ps3 in its first week.
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360, 3DS FC - 4339 2637 1918
#136El_ZaggyPosted 11/26/2012 12:59:48 PM
kyomagi posted...
Linetrix posted...
That's an extremely low number of units sold for a console released a few days before Black Friday.

Because they werent enough of them.

Theres plenty Wii U in the stores here and no one is rushing to buy them.
#137LenneValkiryePosted 11/26/2012 1:01:00 PM
Wii was successful because it was for a long time the main casual gaming (which is almost guaranteed to net superior profits compared to "hardcore" gaming), while WiiU has to compete with the Iphone which has casual gaming and a lot more.
Either Nintendo goes back to the roots with hardcore gaming or it's done for.
#138link5003Posted 11/26/2012 1:07:17 PM
El_Zaggy posted...
kyomagi posted...
Linetrix posted...

Because they werent enough of them.

Theres plenty Wii U in the stores here and no one is rushing to buy them.

The funny thing is that I'm sure you actually believe this, about the PS3 no less.
---
3DS Friend Code: 1461 - 6679 - 3387
Please PM me with your Friend Code if this is not a FC thread and I'll do my best to add you.
#139Fou LuPosted 11/26/2012 1:10:00 PM
kyomagi posted...
Linetrix posted...

Because the 360 didn't have enough stock and Sony short-shipped the PS3 to try and create demand.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#140blankempathyPosted 11/26/2012 1:10:53 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Splatman1 posted...
Megagunstarman posted...
Only 400,000 units. Even less than the 3,000,000 Patcher predicted.

If only they had used the 6670, this wouldn't have happened.

It was capped by availability -_-

I can still find it in most stores in my area, even after Black Friday. Not an availability problem here~

your stores =/= everyones stores. Hell yesterday when I was in walmart picking up my 15 dollar wii play motion bundle I even heard employees talking about how they were all out of the wii u.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler