400,000 sold first week.

#161DaMan1900Posted 11/26/2012 2:54:49 PM(edited)
GeassMaster posted...
Hmm it managed to do alright although it's a bit scary if it's still in stock everywhere right now considering:

+ It Launched near Black Friday
+ It Launched with an immensely popular Mario series.
+ It Launched with a decent sized and varied line-up.
+ It Launched at the end of the longest video game generation.
+ Tech is easily marketable to the casual audience
+ It's Launching off the high point of the Wii, the highest selling console of last generation.

I have very little idea if anyone has said it already but it' hard to gauge sales totally on launch numbers, since usually only the more hardcore fans buy Video games consoles at launch.Let's wait and see what the Wii-U does in the next three to six months before making any absolutes here.

Edit: Whoops I posted seriously on GameFAQs. ERROR ERROR patch in fanboy comment. I hope Nintendo is last place next gen.

sorry but the wii has been dead for at least a yr and it never really had much hype in terms of games apart from a few here and there. not enough to make me feel the console was worth owning or to get "casuals" to buy a whole new console.

I can see low sales compared to the wii for a number of reasons
1. Price point to high for "casuals"
2. The new market the wii brought in with motion controls is not interested in buying a new system
3. Lots of ppl dont know about it
4. A lot of ppl think its an addon. My cousin who is a "gamer" thought this, my gf thought the same when she saw the new just dance 4 commercial and was like it that an addon we can buy to play the game...

Depending on the price points of the ps4/720 i can see a real fight for sales.

At this point im not interested in any of the 3

wiiu - doesnt have games, probably wont once ps4/720 come (based off of how the wii was handled and from the rumored specs of other two consoles) and ive moved away from nintendo ips in the last few yrs. (nostalgia got me to buy a 3ds for starfox 64 but its been meh since got a few others but meh)

ms - with there RROD fiasco i will just wait and see. Also they need more ips apart from halo, GoW, Forza, Fable

sony - some of the rumors are scaring me away and the whole anti consumer train there on meh.
---
Ex Sony Fanboy
#162StickMen1090Posted 11/26/2012 2:53:55 PM
Trixone posted...
squatch22 posted...
Nintendo say Wii U is basically sold out, and trolls are still spinning it to be bad.
Gotta love the desperation. lol.

Or you can sit back and think for a second.

~Nintendo sold out: retailers bought their inventory = true.

~From retailer to costumer: You can go to stores and still find it, therefore it's not sold out to customers = true.

Easy.

stores get shipments every week or so
#163SuperShyGuy9000Posted 11/26/2012 2:57:21 PM
Trixone posted...
squatch22 posted...
Nintendo say Wii U is basically sold out, and trolls are still spinning it to be bad.

~From retailer to costumer: You can go to stores and still find it, therefore it's not sold out to customers = true.

Easy.

and The United States is 3.79 million square miles and has 35,000 cities and towns. So sure there is a chances you can find some near you doesn't mean they are everywhere.
#164coreyerbPosted 11/26/2012 2:57:49 PM
Megagunstarman posted...
Only 400,000 units. Even less than the 3,000,000 Patcher predicted.

Check your facts. Pachter predicted 3.6M produced by the end of 2012. That's not a first-week sales estimate.

http://gengame.net/2012/09/analyst-michael-pachter-predicts-nintendo-to-manufacture-3-6-million-wii-us-before-christmas/
---
NNID: LoeliaPonsonby / iS*LoeliaP / elP - http://ironsightge.webs.com
#165RusmurfPosted 11/26/2012 3:08:29 PM
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...
Trixone posted...
squatch22 posted...

Easy.

and The United States is 3.79 million square miles and has 35,000 cities and towns. So sure there is a chances you can find some near you doesn't mean they are everywhere.

Where did he type everwyhere?
#166mini_blightPosted 11/26/2012 3:10:35 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Y'know, I think it would have sold better if they didn't have more basic bundles than deluxe. There are plenty of people, myself included, who won't buy the console until there is a deluxe model available. I just can't justify purchasing the standard bundle.

All the units I see in stores are basic, never a deluxe. I listened to the people looking at the Wii U, every single one of them passed on the basic because they wanted the deluxe, mainly for the color...

I did see the Wii on store shelves back in 2006, so seeing it on the shelf at this point isn't proof of anything. It wasn't until the last two years that I saw another Wii on shelf.

I think people are seeing the basic as the gimped model. People did that with the original HD-less 360, too.
#167SuperShyGuy9000Posted 11/26/2012 3:29:22 PM
Rusmurf posted...
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...
Trixone posted...
squatch22 posted...

Easy.

Where did he type everwyhere?

That wasn't aimed at him in particular more to the people who are saying "I can go to [blank] where I live and find [x] amount of Wii U so they aren't really selling".

People are taking "Sold Out" way to literally.
#168GeminiX7Posted 11/26/2012 3:46:47 PM
HungoverHero777 posted...
Dark_Lawl posted...
400,000 is good, but it isn't a safe number that hasn't been had before by struggling consoles (Vita, and the 3DS before price cut). Luckily, we're still in the holiday effect. Nintendo needs to keep momentum up for the Wii U and strengthen it's advertisement.

Have you seen all the Wii U ads on this site?

The overwhelming majority of consumers don't visit this board(or hell, video game sites in general). If you want to hit the casual market that the Wii dominated, you need to flood TV ad space, oft visted sites like Facebook and Youtube, and physical ad space(billboards, fliers, town criers, home invasions).
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#169ymmac1707Posted 11/26/2012 3:47:13 PM
Nintendo has probable the worst marketing team ever, people just don't know whats a Wii U vs the Wii, of course Fan boys and haters know about the Wii U. My 32 year old sister bought the original Wii, try having her pony up $300/$350.00 for a device she never heard about.

PS, the Wii U is the best tech of 2012, My Opinion, the Value is undeniable, TV not required for some games, a real keyboard on the GamePad, backwards compatible, Virtual console and TVii, this thing is great. I forgot the Browser rules.
#170Sailor GoonPosted 11/26/2012 3:57:18 PM
400,000 is an okay number but nothing really to rejoice about.
---
As told to me by Gamefaqs admin: They hire 17 year olds as moderators!
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh