400,000 sold first week.

#41sejan12Posted 11/26/2012 8:56:11 AM
I think with the European and Japanese releases coming soon, it'll easily sell three million by the end of the year. Especially with Monster Hunter Ultimate coming out at launch in Japan and the huge Christmas retail season for the USA.

The biggest issue now is the need for game announcements for the first half of the 2013. If Nintendo can build and maintain some momentum through 2013, then they should be more than fine even up to and after the releases of the XBox720 and PS4.
#42gamewhooper181Posted 11/26/2012 8:57:02 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
gamewhooper181 posted...
Those are solid Wii and DS numbers, especially for being "legacy" systems at this point.

Wii U sales are as expected. The console isn't the groundbreaking hit that the Wii was, but I don't think anything will sell as fast as that console did.

3DS sales, in my opinion, are pretty mediocre, though. The system needed a killer-app these holidays, as well as some good Black Friday bundles, and neither happened. The December bundle for the XL and the price drop to $139.99 on the original model should help a lot.

You just called 3DS sales mediocre... something that's still outpacing the best selling console of all time by 1 million units... okay?

I'm not saying 3DS has mediocre sales overall. It has sold over 22 million worldwide already. But I AM saying that it should have done better during the month of November and the week of Black Friday. Sony and Microsoft went all out with bundles of their systems and Nintendo didn't.
---
PS3/PSN: gamewhooper
NNID/Miiverse: gamewhooper
#43b1gt0nePosted 11/26/2012 8:58:10 AM
Splatman1 posted...
Dark_Lawl posted...
400,000 is good, but it isn't a safe number that hasn't been had before by struggling consoles (Vita, and the 3DS before price cut). Luckily, we're still in the holiday effect. Nintendo needs to keep momentum up for the Wii U and strengthen it's advertisement.

If they'd advertise anymore my head would explode...heard that techno/dub step theme too much that it's bleeding out of my ears lol.

so lame
#44Splatman1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 8:58:15 AM
Note the words "essentially sold out" by Reggie, which could translate to some availability in some areas.
---
(WWC)Splatman
#45P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 11/26/2012 9:01:32 AM
gamewhooper181 posted...
gamewhooper181 posted...
Those are solid Wii and DS numbers, especially for being "legacy" systems at this point.

Wii U sales are as expected. The console isn't the groundbreaking hit that the Wii was, but I don't think anything will sell as fast as that console did.

3DS sales, in my opinion, are pretty mediocre, though. The system needed a killer-app these holidays, as well as some good Black Friday bundles, and neither happened. The December bundle for the XL and the price drop to $139.99 on the original model should help a lot.

You just called 3DS sales mediocre... something that's still outpacing the best selling console of all time by 1 million units... okay?

I'm not saying 3DS has mediocre sales overall. It has sold over 22 million worldwide already. But I AM saying that it should have done better during the month of November and the week of Black Friday. Sony and Microsoft went all out with bundles of their systems and Nintendo didn't.

It kinda does make sense that you wouldn't discount you product that just hit the shelves regardless of Black Friday.

I'm looking forward to the December 12th Media Create.
---
Currently Playing: Shenmue2, NSMB2
http://youtu.be/X21mJh6j9i4
#46gamewhooper181Posted 11/26/2012 9:11:04 AM
gamewhooper181 posted...
gamewhooper181 posted...

It kinda does make sense that you wouldn't discount you product that just hit the shelves regardless of Black Friday.

I'm looking forward to the December 12th Media Create.

I'm talking about the 3DS. The PS3 and 360 were Sony and Microsoft's flagship consoles respectively, and both received great bundles and temporary price drops for Black Friday.

The 3DS is Nintendo's flagship system right now, despite the Wii U's launch and the continued sales of Wii and DS. Its sales are down big YOY over Black Friday. The price drop to $139.99 and the new 3DS XL bundle with Mario Kart 7 are reactions to that.
---
PS3/PSN: gamewhooper
NNID/Miiverse: gamewhooper
#47PendragoonPosted 11/26/2012 9:18:05 AM
Y'know, I think it would have sold better if they didn't have more basic bundles than deluxe. There are plenty of people, myself included, who won't buy the console until there is a deluxe model available. I just can't justify purchasing the standard bundle.

All the units I see in stores are basic, never a deluxe. I listened to the people looking at the Wii U, every single one of them passed on the basic because they wanted the deluxe, mainly for the color...
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#48SteamedRicePosted 11/26/2012 9:22:06 AM
not surprising considering basics never really sold out, they're all over the stores in my area. Don't see any deluxe models though
#49squatch22Posted 11/26/2012 9:23:39 AM
Nintendo say Wii U is basically sold out, and trolls are still spinning it to be bad.
Gotta love the desperation. lol.
---
LineTroll posted: Mario Galaxy is just like a Sonic game.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#50Dark_LawlPosted 11/26/2012 9:23:47 AM
Nintendo should have released White and Black colors for both basic and deluxe sets.
---
Gaming is going to die again.