400,000 sold first week.

#71drothegreat0nePosted 11/26/2012 10:44:56 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
drothegreat0ne posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Philosopher08 posted...
Wow the DS only sold 370,000 first week. We saw how badly that flopped lmao.

/s

3DS =/= Wii U

When did they start selling? Oh wait, when they slashed the hell out of the price

uMad? It's still selling well.

Why would I be mad? I don't own the company or any other company, nor do I own any console or handheld other than the Wii U that I happen to won in contest

It's selling well because the price is reduced by quite a large amount, nearly half

The Wii U got a price cut?
#72squatch22Posted 11/26/2012 10:45:40 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
squatch22 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz doesnt understand why a game that costs $1 will sell more than one that costs $40+...

Well, when I say that's the reason 3DS sells more than a Vita, or Wii sold more than 360/PS3, was price but the fanboys say no.

So I'm going with the fanboys on this one

Oh, you guys changing the story now? How convenient.

Is that why 3DS sold more than Vita at the same price?
Or Gamecube sold less than PS2 and Xbox even though it was cheaper?
---
LineTroll posted: Mario Galaxy is just like a Sonic game.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#73kyomagiPosted 11/26/2012 10:46:44 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
squatch22 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Philosopher08 posted...

/s

3DS =/= Wii U

When did they start selling? Oh wait, when they slashed the hell out of the price

3DS sold 3.6 million in its first month :)
Vita hasnt even sold that after nearly a year. lol

If you wanna discuss portable gaming, iPhone and iPad wins in the portable gaming department, compare the number of units and gaming applications sold to the 3DS

Apple sells more iPhones in a year than Microsoft earns total.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2012/08/19/apples-iphone-is-now-worth-more-than-all-of-microsoft/

http://www.statista.com/statistics/20149/number-of-downloads-from-the-apple-app-store/

35 billion applications downloaded

http://www.statista.com/statistics/166976/popular-categories-in-the-app-store/

17% gaming

So, lets see.. How many games is that, LOL a lot more than 3DS ever will sell in its life time

So those devices destroy 3DS when it comes to portable gaming.

You people keep forgetting about the other companies who makes tablets/phones and how a lot of people are switching over to them

So piss on the Vita and 3DS, both are failing compared to those

dedicated handhelds =/= phones/tablets

I own a iphone and tablet, and comparing something that can do one thing (play games) to a thing that can make calls, get mail, text, play games and stay on a wireless network at all times proves the fact that you will compare something to anything thats doing better just to troll

you have to be the easiest troll to knock around.
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360, 3DS FC - 4339 2637 1918
#74teknic1200Posted 11/26/2012 10:48:31 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Splatman1 posted...
Megagunstarman posted...
Only 400,000 units. Even less than the 3,000,000 Patcher predicted.

If only they had used the 6670, this wouldn't have happened.

It was capped by availability -_-

I can still find it in most stores in my area, even after Black Friday. Not an availability problem here~

You cannot find them in the metro phoenix area. they are coming in by the couple here and there every few days.

the machine is slow to load things, but graphically it's leaps and bounds over my xbox 360. miiverse is cool and I don't see any adds.

Multi-platform games will all be on the wii u now for me. I'll save my xbox for exclusives and borderlands/mass effect multiplayer.
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
#75P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 11/26/2012 10:50:13 AM
Rusmurf posted...
Still available for purchase in my area, he is quoting the number nintendo has shipped to retailers not sold thru in stores. I'd still expect to be pretty hard to find right before Xmas though.

Actually he was saying how many were actually sold not shipped. They stated that 1.2 million units of hardware were sold and just over 400,000 of it was Wii U's. He also stated that the DS outpaced the 3DS that week because the DS was marked for Black Friday and the 3DS was not; with 275,000 DS sales and 250,000 3DS sales. The Wii sold around 300,000 units.
---
Currently Playing: Shenmue2, NSMB2
http://youtu.be/X21mJh6j9i4
#76Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/26/2012 10:50:13 AM
kyomagi posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
squatch22 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Philosopher08 posted...

/s

3DS =/= Wii U

If you wanna discuss portable gaming, iPhone and iPad wins in the portable gaming department, compare the number of units and gaming applications sold to the 3DS

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2012/08/19/apples-iphone-is-now-worth-more-than-all-of-microsoft/

http://www.statista.com/statistics/20149/number-of-downloads-from-the-apple-app-store/

17% gaming

So, lets see.. How many games is that, LOL a lot more than 3DS ever will sell in its life time

You people keep forgetting about the other companies who makes tablets/phones and how a lot of people are switching over to them

I own a iphone and tablet, and comparing something that can do one thing (play games) to a thing that can make calls, get mail, text, play games and stay on a wireless network at all times proves the fact that you will compare something to anything thats doing better just to troll

The point is, the phones/tablets are doing better in terms of game sales than the 3DS/Vita combined

So Apple alone is knocking Nintendo and Sony around like little step children.

Does not matter if you own a tablet or an iPhone. What matters is people are buying more games for those devices than the 3DS and Vita combined, that's what matters

Total Sales = Superior system

Isn't that what you fanboys say? Why change it now? Oh when it's not in your favor
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#77GM_Posted 11/26/2012 10:52:57 AM
Quote:kyomagi posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
squatch22 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Philosopher08 posted...

/s

3DS =/= Wii U

17% gaming

The point is, the phones/tablets are doing better in terms of game sales than the 3DS/Vita combined

So Apple alone is knocking Nintendo and Sony around like little step children.

Does not matter if you own a tablet or an iPhone. What matters is people are buying more games for those devices than the 3DS and Vita combined, that's what matters

Total Sales = Superior system

Isn't that what you fanboys say? Why change it now? Oh when it's not in your favor

@Xeeh_Bitz

Those same people will buy games for whatever the latest fad is. Your point? They aren't gamers. They're led by shiny products.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#78Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/26/2012 10:55:06 AM
GM_ posted...

Those same people will buy games for whatever the latest fad is. Your point? They aren't gamers. They're led by shiny products.

Can you provide some type of link for that claim?

So by your logic, people who buy the Wii U are not gamer's they're only buying it for the controller/tablet gimmick.

Now what? That's not what you meant? You wanna apply that to the iPhone, I can apply the same logic to the Wii U

Come at me bro
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#79ChikaraXPosted 11/26/2012 10:59:35 AM
Like other said.

How where the overall sales.. Remember you HAD to pre-order the Wii U because it WILL be sold out EVERYWHERE within days.

Dutch gaming sites report that it's completely sold out in the US.

But on sites like Gamefaqs you'll read that, YES, sales where pretty good BUT it's not sold out.. And on GameTrailers you'll hear, YES, sales are good but no early-morning line forming in front of the shops.

Soooo, what's the truth?
#80kyomagiPosted 11/26/2012 11:02:08 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
GM_ posted...

Can you provide some type of link for that claim?

So by your logic, people who buy the Wii U are not gamer's they're only buying it for the controller/tablet gimmick.

Now what? That's not what you meant? You wanna apply that to the iPhone, I can apply the same logic to the Wii U

Come at me bro

again, your troll logic is pretty bad, i have seen good trolls, and none of them are you.

People buy gaming systems for video games.

People buy tablets and phones for talking, texting, emailing, internet, reading books, watching movies, listening to music and some people use it to work. Then those tablets have games.

I dont know one person that has purchased an iphone 5 or Ipad just for games. I bought my ipad mini for use with my digital comic collection and movies. Games come last.
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360, 3DS FC - 4339 2637 1918