Tell me why the Wii U is a better buy than a 360 at this point of time?

#21STN79Posted 11/26/2012 3:56:33 PM
I'd never buy an xbox. If you want a microsoft gaming machine wouldn't a PC be tons better?
There's really no exclusives on xbox that make it worth owning over the other two.
Unless you're a Halo nut.
#22ElectricMolePosted 11/26/2012 3:57:19 PM
STN79 posted...
I'd never buy an xbox. If you want a microsoft gaming machine wouldn't a PC be tons better?
There's really no exclusives on xbox that make it worth owning over the other two.
Unless you're a Halo nut.

smart man
---
http://youtu.be/NB9ea_xWexM
Let's Get to the Top!
#23shadestreetPosted 11/26/2012 3:57:36 PM
^^ WiiU doesnt play BluRay, but then again, neither does 360.

I think the only way I would recommend a WiiU over a 360 would be to someone who owns a PS3 but has never owned a Wii - that would make the WiiU a compelling buy *if* they enjoy Nintendo franchises.

Otherwise, at this point, the price you pay to get a WiiU you could get a 360 with a slew of exceptional titles that are exclusive to 360. The XBL lineup is staggering.
#24DTY3Posted 11/26/2012 3:58:32 PM
Dat browser is ridiculous.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#25CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 11/26/2012 4:02:25 PM(edited)
trenken posted...
squon8888 posted...
My cousin asked me this and dont know what to say. So what makes the Wii U better?

The simple fact is right now its not better. The 360 has a mountain of great games. End of story.

Better BUY.

Are you going to go out an buy a 360 right now?
Probably not, cuz it seems to me like you already have one.

If you don't have one,The mountain of games has existed LONG before now. If they were not a compelling reason to buy before, then why are they now?
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#26KaibreiPosted 11/26/2012 4:17:15 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
trenken posted...
squon8888 posted...
My cousin asked me this and dont know what to say. So what makes the Wii U better?

The simple fact is right now its not better. The 360 has a mountain of great games. End of story.

Better BUY.

Are you going to go out an buy a 360 right now?
Probably not, cuz it seems to me like you already have one.

If you don't have one,The mountain of games has existed LONG before now. If they were not a compelling reason to buy before, then why are they now?

Price? Let me see right now I can get a Xbox 360 with skyrim, forza 4, gow 1, 2 and 3, halo 3 and odst, the witcher 2, saints row 3, dirt showdown and fallout new vegas for the same price as a Wii U Deluxe.

That's a wide variety of titles and literally hundreds of hours of game time. I love my Wii U but I don't see how it could be a better deal for someone that doesn't own a 360 already.
---
PSN - GwarSlave1673 GT - GwarSlave4853 Steam - Gwarslave1673
#27PedroMontanaPosted 11/26/2012 4:41:43 PM
Let's try to be serious:

- most games can be played without occupying the TV

- some local multiplayer games support up to 5 players

- some games like ZombiU or Nintendo Land make more unique uses of the GamePad, like using it as a sniper scope

- if he previously owned a Wii, he might not even have to buy additional controlers for local multiplayer

- the system is completely backwards compatible with the Wii, so he can still play classics like Xenoblade and Mario Galaxy 1&2

- online gaming is FREE on the Wii U, if your cousin wants access to online gameplay for the next 4-5 years, the added cost will make the 360 more expensive then the Wii U

- if he wants to upgrade the storage, he can use any external harddrive up to 2TB, while the 360 only accepts overpriced special HDD at bigger sizes

- most multiplatform games and ports so far have significant additional contend and features

- while most interesting games on the 360 are multiplatform, Nintendo's excellent first and second party games stay exclusive.
---
No More Heroes
#28FoofyheadPosted 11/26/2012 8:09:52 PM
Yeah, the real question should be: Why would anyone buy a 360 at this point?
---
Slow drivers should have their own roads to use, special roads for special drivers. Or, there should be a lane for these special people. Maybe the right lane.
#29Big_IsaacPosted 11/26/2012 8:14:36 PM
Starwars4J posted...
The Wii U has a future, the 360 is ready to be replaced. Pretty simple.

that's the main reason

the 360's library is infinitely better than the WiiU's right now, but WiiU is at the very beginning of its life span, while the 360 is ready to roll over
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#30Wiiplayer111Posted 11/26/2012 8:15:40 PM
Gamepad and Miiverse
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com