Tell me why the Wii U is a better buy than a 360 at this point of time?

#31kissdadookiePosted 11/26/2012 7:18:36 PM(edited)
Foofyhead posted...
Yeah, the real question should be: Why would anyone buy a 360 at this point?

Depends, it's going to be well supported for another year or two more. Wii U is going to get most of the same content from 3rd parties and I highly doubt that multi-plat games will really try and give the edge to the Wii U version. No idea when the Nintendo exclusives for the Wii U is going to start flowing in en mass (but it sure looks WAY better than what we had with Wii). I mean, if one just wants a system to play things like GTA5 and CoD on along with some Madden and what not, I would highly suggest to just go and pick up a 360. Nintendo systems are Nintendo systems, if you want the Nintendo exclusives, get the Nintendo system and wait for the exclusives. If you don't care about the Nintendo exclusives, no point in buying the Nintendo system.

Also, keep in mind, it's a big question mark in the air if the Wii U can realistically keep up with the next Sony and MS boxes after those have come out for a year or two. GPU might be fine but you still have a CPU bottleneck here and it is to be expected that the next gen games will hit the CPU much harder than this gen (mainly going much more dynamic on the fly effects which are CPU intensive and big jump in physics which applies to things like destroyable environments which is also CPU intensive).
#32Council_of_RagePosted 11/26/2012 7:16:13 PM
It's not.

Xbox 360 has a big library of great games that are at low prices right now.
---
Sony's 10 Year Plan for PS3: YLOD, worse multiplats, remove features, crappy online, gimmicks, last gen ports, installs
Sony's Vita plan: There is no plan =(
#33Council_of_RagePosted 11/26/2012 7:16:48 PM

To play all the games that they've been missing out on? All the games that aren't coming to the WiiU?
---
Sony's 10 Year Plan for PS3: YLOD, worse multiplats, remove features, crappy online, gimmicks, last gen ports, installs
Sony's Vita plan: There is no plan =(
#34squon8888(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 7:19:19 PM
Big_Isaac posted...
Starwars4J posted...
The Wii U has a future, the 360 is ready to be replaced. Pretty simple.

that's the main reason

the 360's library is infinitely better than the WiiU's right now, but WiiU is at the very beginning of its life span, while the 360 is ready to roll over

360 owners will disagree, there might not be next xbox til 2014
#35CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 11/26/2012 7:20:57 PM
Big_Isaac posted...
Starwars4J posted...
The Wii U has a future, the 360 is ready to be replaced. Pretty simple.

that's the main reason

the 360's library is infinitely better than the WiiU's right now, but WiiU is at the very beginning of its life span, while the 360 is ready to roll over

Honestly though, If I was interested in 360, at this point I'd wait until Next year when the 720 or whatever was coming out, and people would be getting rid of their 360's right and left.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#36FoofyheadPosted 11/26/2012 7:26:08 PM
Council_of_Rage posted...

To play all the games that they've been missing out on? All the games that aren't coming to the WiiU?

You mean the ones that are on the PS3? The ones that you can play on a system that doesn't have a huge failure rate, better dashboard equivalent, better controller, better online service (I mean + compared to Live, not necessarily actual online play)? I'm sure there are other things out there I've forgotten to mention, but what does 360 have going for it? I actually think a new system (Wii U) has more going for it than the 360.
---
Slow drivers should have their own roads to use, special roads for special drivers. Or, there should be a lane for these special people. Maybe the right lane.
#37kissdadookiePosted 11/26/2012 7:30:36 PM
Foofyhead posted...
Council_of_Rage posted...

You mean the ones that are on the PS3? The ones that you can play on a system that doesn't have a huge failure rate, better dashboard equivalent, better controller, better online service (I mean + compared to Live, not necessarily actual online play)? I'm sure there are other things out there I've forgotten to mention, but what does 360 have going for it? I actually think a new system (Wii U) has more going for it than the 360.

I don't know, the 360 has a WAY better UI. Failure rate was also mostly solved after the first few years. I mean, it took my launch 360 roughly 3 years before it red ringed on me, they also replaced it for free even though it was long past warranty.
#38Golden MavenPosted 11/26/2012 7:32:59 PM
Foofyhead posted...

I'd like for you to answer the original question. How is the Wii-U a better buy?
#39FoofyheadPosted 11/26/2012 7:33:00 PM
Well, the UI thing is subjective, but each iteration they had has been worse, the XMB hasn't changed much in years, so much easier to find stuff, sort it, even downloading is easier.

As far as failures, I've had four consoles, four failures. I could see if it was always the same issue, but I've never had the RRoD. I had a disc drive quit opening, one that wouldn't read discs, and my elite just stop staying on altogether. I still have the one that doesn't open, I kept it for the indie virtual games.
---
Slow drivers should have their own roads to use, special roads for special drivers. Or, there should be a lane for these special people. Maybe the right lane.
#40FoofyheadPosted 11/26/2012 7:33:46 PM
Golden Maven posted...
Foofyhead posted...

I'd like for you to answer the original question. How is the Wii-U a better buy?

I answered it with my first sentence, man: It doesn't have a high rate of failure. So, at the very least, it deserves to have my money, whereas the 360 has soured many a people on buying any more MS consoles ever again.
---