Tell me why the Wii U is a better buy than a 360 at this point of time?

#41Banjo2553Posted 11/26/2012 7:35:08 PM
Because it's not a 360.

...But being serious, nothing about a 360 really interests me at all right now.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#42kissdadookiePosted 11/26/2012 7:42:28 PM
Banjo2553 posted...
Because it's not a 360.

Be honest, has it ever interested you? Probably not ;)
#43Shinobi120Posted 11/26/2012 7:46:17 PM
Starwars4J posted...
The Wii U has a future, the 360 is ready to be replaced. Pretty simple.

And the next Xbox is probably going to steamroll the Wii U into oblivion, especially with Microsoft's strong advertising.
#44kissdadookiePosted 11/26/2012 7:50:14 PM
Shinobi120 posted...
Starwars4J posted...
The Wii U has a future, the 360 is ready to be replaced. Pretty simple.

And the next Xbox is probably going to steamroll the Wii U into oblivion, especially with Microsoft's strong advertising.

I have no doubt that the next Xbox is going to steamroll over EVERYBODY. I mean, it is THE core gamer console this generation. It's like this generation's PS2. Yes the Wii sold 90+ million units and steamrolled everyone but it reached that number due mostly to the mobile and FB gamers that have migrated away from Wii's and DS's in droves in recent years. You take that demographic out of the equation, it ends up being a pretty small core gamer audience left for Nintendo. So in comparison, in terms of core video gamers, I don't see Microsoft having any competition for the next console cycle unless they pull a Sony and come out with a new system that attempts to be a swiss army knife of set top boxes and at an extemely hard to swallow price point (aka, anything over roughly $400 is going to be very hard to swallow).
#45Golden MavenPosted 11/26/2012 7:53:14 PM
Foofyhead posted...
I answered it with my first sentence, man: It doesn't have a high rate of failure.

It JUST came out, and some people already managed to brick it. We don't know if further issues will pop up later on. That comment is just nonsense, you can't talk about failure rate when the dang thing came out last week.
#46kissdadookiePosted 11/26/2012 8:02:59 PM(edited)
Golden Maven posted...
Foofyhead posted...
I answered it with my first sentence, man: It doesn't have a high rate of failure.

It JUST came out, and some people already managed to brick it. We don't know if further issues will pop up later on. That comment is just nonsense, you can't talk about failure rate when the dang thing came out last week.

That's not hardware failure, that's just Nintendo being incompetent at writing a proper OS or proper software in general. Kind of the trend with Japanese companies, I mean, Sony has the same problem, they make God awful OS's.

I mean, I have a 50Mbps down and 5 Mbps up internet connection here yet it took the Wii U over 2 hours to download 5 gigs (should have been able to do that in like 45 minutes MAX) and then another hour or so to install the game. All signs point to incompetent programmers badly writing OS code.

Honestly, if you look at how quickly they've churned out NSMB games, they must have started doing that upon discovering the wonders of having a proper levels builder/manager. It took them how long to stumble upon that? I mean, we've had level editors FOR A VERY VERY VERY long time now and it was one of the main reasons over the years, devs were able to churn out games so quickly. It took Nintendo forever to come stumble upon that concept. I don't get it, Nintendo is a brilliant company yet at the same time, the most illogical and inefficient company in video games.

I mean, if one was to look at how arse backwards Nintendo has been over the years, it's no surprise that it took them like 5 years to make Skyward Sword, it's because they are horrid at programming. I can't imagine what their arse backwards testing process is like for debugging.
#47ChipChippersonPosted 11/26/2012 8:04:46 PM
I already had a 360, I traded it in towards this. I don't miss it. Already just the thought of going back to MS or Sony and standard controllers bores me. Yay, a dualshock again....zzzzzz.
---
"We live in an amazing, amazing world and it's wasted on the crappiest generation of just spoiled idiots that don't care"~Louis CK
#48FoofyheadPosted 11/26/2012 8:13:59 PM
Golden Maven posted...
Foofyhead posted...

Some people have managed to brick it, just as some people manage to do other things. More than just some people have had a 360 fail on them, and it wasn't just last night this started happening, it has been happening since '06.

Look, I loved my 360, I loved it more than any other console, I bought it before the Wii and PS3. But, then one died, and I kept going. I sent it in for repairs (100+ dollars that MS should have covered). It died again, so I decided to just buy a new one, because the core wasn't much more at the time than a repair. It quit working, so I sent that one in, and MS fixed it for free (I still had to pay FX to ship it though). It quit working again, and now it's sitting in my room. Technically, my 3rd 360 is really my second one, 'fixed', but I count it as a new one, because it should operate as a new one by all accounts. In any case, that was three failures with the non-elite models.

I bought an elite in March, and it quit working in October. It wouldn't stay powered on anymore, that may have just been the power cord, but I couldn't find one in stores anywhere for the elite model. So I said eff it, and traded it in for an iPad...
---
Slow drivers should have their own roads to use, special roads for special drivers. Or, there should be a lane for these special people. Maybe the right lane.
#49Banjo2553Posted 11/26/2012 8:41:15 PM
kissdadookie posted...
Banjo2553 posted...
Because it's not a 360.

Be honest, has it ever interested you? Probably not ;)

Not really.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#50Banjo2553Posted 11/26/2012 8:41:21 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]