Well my Wii U managed to f*** itself somehow.

#1kliqIMBPosted 11/26/2012 10:02:47 PM
I'd been playing Nintendo Land for a good almost two hours now and when I tried to start up the Zelda archer mini-game my tablet froze and made a horrible freezing noise. I turned off the tablet but the console stayed on. I had to unplug it from the wall because the power button wasn't working. I restarted it and went back into Nintendo Land and tried the game again with the same results. So I ejected the disc and checked it for scratches, nothing. I put it back in and loaded the game up and just walked around the plaza to meet the same end. Wtf. I've never had a Nintendo product do this. D:
---
Everyone in this topic has their head so far up their own asses, it's creating alternate realities in which they believe their opinions matter. ~icheat
#2Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/26/2012 10:04:19 PM
I hope it was using protection
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#3sloth927Posted 11/26/2012 10:04:55 PM
nintendoland froze for me once but that was it i have not had the issue with any other game i have so i think it may be an issue with nintendoland hopefully they can patch it soon.
---
Wii u name: Fire Chomp
#4DemonDog666Posted 11/26/2012 10:06:01 PM
Try other games disc could just be dud
#5TheFlamingCPosted 11/26/2012 10:06:23 PM
It IS an issue with Nintendo Land. It's due to bad code relating to Miiverse when it's trying to load up foreign language Miiverse posts. You can change the game settings to accept only English messages and it apparently fixes it.
---
Nope, don't have a sig. Maybe later.
#6kliqIMB(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 10:09:17 PM
I unfortunately don't have any other Wii U games at the moment. But I'm pretty sure I had already changed that setting to only accept English after someone mentioned it to me.
---
Everyone in this topic has their head so far up their own asses, it's creating alternate realities in which they believe their opinions matter. ~icheat
#7TriforceBunPosted 11/26/2012 10:26:39 PM
Miiverse and NL seem to be having a bad night. I just had an experience very similar to yours, and it was a complete ordeal since the GamePad was having trouble connecting to the system afterward. These mass freezes requiring system unplugs make me nervous, and it needs to be patched now! Get on this, Nintendo!

It's a shame, too, because I'm really enjoying my Wii U and NL/NSMBU otherwise. It's been amazing at parties and get-togethers.
---
My Kirby/Smash comics: www.brawlinthefamily.com
Mother 3 = Game of the Year 2006
#8Squished_MarioPosted 11/26/2012 10:29:23 PM
If it's Nintendo Land can anybody tell me why it did it for Sonic Racing Transformed?
---
Part of the Viewmaster_pi's Caln Magna cum laude
PSN: VexSilver
#9apocalyptic_4Posted 11/26/2012 10:34:51 PM
people have been experiencing freezing in every game even after switching the launguage. nintendo says a patch is incoming this week...
---
PSN: Adrian396
XBL: Prime Legacy Nintendo ID: Apocalypse
#10AstralFrostPosted 11/26/2012 10:39:16 PM
Sorry to hear about your issues. The Wii U seems to be struggling in most areas right now so I hope Nintendo can come with the goods and fix it. Maybe if they release a Wii U XL in 6 months we can all buy that one and have it fix all our problems.