The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Sadly, I'm pretty sure this will be Nintendo's last console. WARNING: Long topic

#1SpikePosted 11/27/2012 1:28:20 AM
Before I start, I should get a couple things out of the way. First of all, I'm 28 years old(although I don't act like it most of the time, mostly due to having the curse that is Asperger's Syndrome. Lucky me.) and have been a huge Nintendo fan since the age of 3, when I started playing video games. My first system was the NES, and I own every single Nintendo system that's been released since then(all of them from when they were still current), with the exception of the Virtual Boy, 3DS, and this one(I do plan on getting all of these eventually, although getting my hands on a Virtual Boy in good condition will no doubt be a difficult task). I also own many other non-Nintendo systems. In all I own 17 systems. Yeah, people with asperger's syndrome tend to be pretty passionate/obsessive when it comes to their interests.

My point in mentioning everything above is that I know what I'm talking about. So before someone posts in here assuming I don't, think again!

Now that all of that is out of the way, back to the topic at hand(and hopefully you can look past my horrible punctuation, lol). I feel like this is the last Nintendo console. This looks like it's going to turn out to be the best Nintendo console since the N64, but I have a feeling that sales-wise it's going to end up being very similar to the GameCube. I've felt this way since this system was first revealed, and right away it's starting to come true. In it's first 7 days on sale, it's sold significantly worse then the Wii did in it's first 7 days. The question is, why is this and what is to become of Nintendo? I believe I know the answer.

The Why: The reason for the disappointing sales is that this is essentially nothing more then a Wii rehash. This is something that everyone can see quite clearly, and it's certainly not a good thing. Sure, it's different in some ways, but the differences aren't enough.

First, you've got the high definition and this new WiiTV feature that's coming out soon. The problem is that this is the same kind of stuff people have had with the PS3 and 360 for several years now. It's nothing new. It's only new for Nintendo.

Second, you've got the more hardcore games being released for the system that the Wii never had. That's awesome, but for most I feel it's far too late. Most hardcore gamers who would have loved to see those kinds of titles on the Wii have went ahead and bought a PS3 or 360. Now that they have access to those titles, what's the point in buying a Wii U for the same games they can get on those other systems? The graphics may be better on the Wii U versions, but that won't be enough to encourage most hardcore gamers to buy a Wii U. Too little to late.

continued below
---
"They look so *** damn like the same person, I say to them "you want ice cream cones?" both of them say yes!" - Mario Twins
#2CloudStrife630Posted 11/27/2012 1:30:44 AM
*yawnz*
---
http://www.abload.de/img/regxzjgs.gif
#3FoppePosted 11/27/2012 1:31:13 AM
I think you are wrong.
Nintendo can probably survive two more generations, even if they only release failures.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#4squatch22Posted 11/27/2012 1:32:06 AM
Didn't read.

Nintendo has plenty of money, so no.
---
LineTroll posted: Mario Galaxy is just like a Sonic game.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#5Skul_Posted 11/27/2012 1:32:20 AM
TC, You should type stuff out in notepad or whatever before hand, then paste it in post by post. It means you wont get people between each post.
---
"Screen Size = Resolution."- jairusmonillas
If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and are 100% proud of it, put this as your sig
#6Shadowfxd2Posted 11/27/2012 1:33:34 AM
Didn't read.

Nintendo has plenty of money, so no.

This^ I just marked topic and then quoted squatch for truth.
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#7Dark_LawlPosted 11/27/2012 1:39:32 AM(edited)
You said you knew what you were talking about, TC.

Freaking liar.

One thing you have a point about is a lot of gamers won't feel the need to move over to Wii U...with third party games alone, that is. Nintendo's first party titles are the ones that need to bring those gamers over so that the Wii U can start becoming their most used system.
---
Gaming is going to die again.
#8Spike(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 1:39:11 AM
Third, you've got the main selling point, the controller. It's a great controller that's superbly designed and fairly innovative to boot, but it's ultimately just another gimmick. The system with a gimmick technique worked out well for the Wii at first, but after a couple years people tired of it. The motion controls of the Wii were pretty cool, but it was something that appealed mainly to casual gamers and not so much to the hardcore gamers like myself. To make matters worse, they were overused and tacked-on in so many of the games that what started out as a gimmick to hook players ultimately became mostly a curse for hardcore games everywhere. It caused the Wii to quickly become a casual gamers system only. The Wii U's controller looks to be round 2 of that, but it won't lead to the same early success the Wii had with it's motion controls. For casual gamers, stuff like that is treated like a cool fad, and once they've had their fill, most of them will be done with it for the most part. They had their fill with the Wii, and most of them probably won't be buying the Wii U. That leaves(for the most part) only the hardcore Nintendo fans that are willing to give Nintendo a second chance.

The Future of Nintendo: I see the Wii U being a small success, but not enough for Nintendo to keep up with the competition in the console department. They will end up making portable gaming systems only. They will most likely be offered buyouts by both Sony and Microsoft. They will not accept Sony's offer, but may possibly take Microsoft's.
---
"They look so *** damn like the same person, I say to them "you want ice cream cones?" both of them say yes!" - Mario Twins
#9Spike(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 1:42:21 AM
Dark_Lawl posted...

Freaking liar.

I like how you neglect explaining how I'm a liar.
---
#10FoofyheadPosted 11/27/2012 1:43:57 AM
Spike posted...
Dark_Lawl posted...

Freaking liar.

I like how you neglect explaining how I'm a liar.

It's his way of saying he disagrees with your opinion.
---
Slow drivers should have their own roads to use, special roads for special drivers. Or, there should be a lane for these special people. Maybe the right lane.