Sadly, I'm pretty sure this will be Nintendo's last console. WARNING: Long topic

#11AceMosPosted 11/27/2012 1:52:07 AM
ppl said the same thing about the wii ds and 3ds all 3 are huge money makers

dont make topics like this one week after the thing comes out
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#12Spike(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 1:52:27 AM
Foofyhead posted...

It's his way of saying he disagrees with your opinion.

Probably, but lying and having a different opinion are two very different things
---
"They look so *** damn like the same person, I say to them "you want ice cream cones?" both of them say yes!" - Mario Twins
#13Artillatron7Posted 11/27/2012 1:53:36 AM
Are you a virgin?
---
http://i45.tinypic.com/260ed8i.jpg http://i.imgur.com/wvpAA.jpg
#14Dark_LawlPosted 11/27/2012 1:54:18 AM
Spike posted...
Foofyhead posted...

It's his way of saying he disagrees with your opinion.

Probably, but lying and having a different opinion are two very different things

I'm not literally saying that you're lying, I'm just being a smart-ass.
---
Gaming is going to die again.
#15FoppePosted 11/27/2012 2:04:43 AM
OP, I will give you a great hint for future long topics.
Write it down in wordpad or something else before you post it.
Then cut it up beforehand you post it.
That way you will be able to post most, if not all of it, before people reply, and people don't have to wait 20 minutes before you finish typing it down.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#16darkness1018Posted 11/27/2012 2:08:41 AM
Considering that the system can still be found at Best Buy, Gamestop and Target when the Wii was sold out everywhere from release until after Xmas, id say yea, its not selling like they thought it would. Im in NYC and had no problem finding a WiiU in any of the stores i mentioned. I bought one from Gamestop, they had a whole display behind the counter. Bestbuy had a whole display on a shelf as did Target. My friend is a manager in Gamestop and even she said the system didnt sell as well as she thought it would. She was told to make a huge display of the system and games behind the counter to boost sales. I posted that in another thread. While i dont think this will be Nintendos last home system i do think its not going to do as well as the Wii. Most gamers have learned their lesson from buying a Wii and are not willing to take another gamble. They should have removed the "Wii" name from the system altogether and called it something else to show gamers its another system and not just a Wii rehash.
---
PSN-nightwing2099
Systems Owned- PS3, PSP, PSV, GC, DC, N64, Xbox(original)
#17RockmanZeroXEXEDashPosted 11/27/2012 2:26:16 AM(edited)
Im a 25 year old aspie and I can pretty much see where your coming from. but IMO it really brings up the question of why they would go out of there way to rely on these "gimmicks" in the first place. I belive Nintendo long ago decided to ditch the trend of making bigger and more powerful machines in favor of something that stands out. Like the Wii before it, the Wii U offers something unique that will likely not be seen on other consoles as a standard (lol almost forgot about Move ^^;).

On the other hand unlike the Wii remote which offered interesting ideas from day one (despite many of them not coming to fruition) the Wii U gamepad hasent really shown many "stand out" offerings as far as functionality goes. Luckily ZombiU convinced me that the gamepad can offer something unique but i want to see more developers doing the same. BTW while using the gamepad to play off TV is interesing I want to see more than just that.

As far as WiiTV playing catchup what else can nintendo do besides at least having the minimum streaming features that the PS3/360 offer? Also I dont feel that the day one ports will affect the Wii U, Its the future titles that will hopefully put the gamepad through its paces that will decide the consoles fate. Ports are enevitable but im waiting for Nintendo to push out first-party content that will (hopefully) show what the gamepad can really offer, and will (hopefully) inspire more third-parties to do the same.

tldr version: Nintendo needs to prove that the Wii U really is a gamechanger or It might not become a sucess at all.
---
PSN: Rockmanxexe
MEGAMAN LEGENDS 3
#18The J0kerPosted 11/27/2012 2:34:13 AM
With the system being profitable at one game sale from day 1 it could do Gamecube numbers and still be profitable overall, though it will almost certainly sell more than that.

It's Sony you should be worried about (if you care about them), as they haven't made a profit in five years and another PS3-level loss would cripple them.
#19jedistormtroopPosted 11/27/2012 2:39:27 AM(edited)
i read the whole article and you've got some very good points on the whole but i don't see how the game pad a gimmick if so call playstation move a gimmick

but seeing as that nullifies the whole situation lets circle back to the gamepad and really all it is is a Nintendo 3ds with just one screen boasting superior graphics (this post is central to wii u only ) so back off fan boys the wii u's gamepad too me looks to be another great addition to Nintendo,s list of innovations including the transfer pack for the original Nintendo 64

(the wii rehash topic)

you also have alot of valid topics in this area too but the wii u is a hd gaming system and is next gen ( debatable) so it has a significant upgrade in the technology department now lets look in the dictionary for the definition of the word Rehash

Verb:
Put (old ideas or material) into a new form without significant change or improvement.

the wii u (debatably) has had significant changes and from memory i will try to list the changes that i am currently aware of

Nintendo id: no more annoying freind codes
high definition graphics: no more ps2 or xbox gen graphics
gamepad: a level up in gaming in my mind so a significant change from the wii,s motion control's
hdmi cable as a stander: a first for a long while
off screen gameplay: the ability to play specific games on the wii u gamepad

so if anything this is far from a rehash actually its a brand new console just named after the wii u's success

Financials"

its true that nintendo is selling these systems at a lost and is not the first company to do so

now im not sure if my sources are correct here but the playstation 3,s price was to the company's detriment and they had a 3 billion loss (don't quote me )

Amount Of Unit's Sold

so far by gathering Intel of ign and the gamefaqs forums so far the estimate of units sold is a little under or above 400 000 units sold now considering that the wii sold 600 000 units isnt that bad considering the wii was the best selling console for nintendo of all time and if you dont mind me referring to one mans quote "once your on top its hard to stay on top"

now you could call this response a Nintendo fanboys defense but the truth is i am a fanboy and id like to think i know what im talking about so with that

enjoy the wii u's launch have fun with you gamepad gaming and with that im out of here
---
Psn:SneakyDusty1984 Xboxlive: Its Aussie rage
#20Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 11/27/2012 2:36:55 AM
Well tc was right about one thing his post is long. Btw did not even read.
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 2) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 3) Final Fantasy 9. 4) Final Fantasy 10. 5) Star Fox 64.