Sadly, I'm pretty sure this will be Nintendo's last console. WARNING: Long topic

#131AzraelToday1134Posted 11/27/2012 12:17:37 PM
Ya know, I love the DS. I never liked the wii, and my roommates just got the wii u, and I don't care for it either. But this is NINTENDO. They own video gaming. Simple as that.
#132townparkradioPosted 11/27/2012 12:28:06 PM
Sometimes posts from the internets of other realities push through the membrane into ours.

This one clearly comes form some universe where the WiiU didn't sell out almost instantly.
#133GdboyratedloudPosted 11/27/2012 12:33:21 PM
im 23. I'll be 24 Dec 5th. I grew up on SNES and N64. How could you want Nintendo to die if you are around my age or older???? Im assuming most of the trolls on this board are significantly younger than me.
---
PSN: JamesDeanONdaLOW
little did I know, James Dean was actually on the down low.
#134mini_blightPosted 11/27/2012 12:34:44 PM
Jinzo 111887 posted...
TC's forgetting about the rumors of Sony and Microsoft's plans for next gen consoles and DRM. Both of them are rumored to block used games and require an online connection. Microsoft's also got a patent to use the Kinect to monitor users and as a camera and monitor users as a form of DRM. If these turn out to be true, I wouldn't be surprised if people decided they had enough of that crap and buy a Wii U over a PS3 or Xbox 360.

Nah, we'll still hear about how awesome it is to have superior tech compared to the Wii U from their fanboys. Just like how Xbots will continue to deny how much Microsoft rips everyone off with Xbox Live.

A lot of the "problems" with the Wii U are just manufactured. Wii U does have some flaws, but nothing on the level that's being pushed by the anti-Nintendo brigade. Don't be shocked when those hypocrites start acting innocent once E3 comes rolling around.
#135mini_blightPosted 11/27/2012 12:38:28 PM
darkwizard3533 posted...
ITT the op tries to explain how being a gamer for 25 years makes him an expert on marketing and business strategy.

Anyone who claims to be a hardcore Nintendo fanboy that's owned all Nintendo systems, would never write a "Nintendo will fail" topic. I don't like when someone uses a disability they probably don't even have as a shield from being called a troll for posting the exact same things the trolls have been posting for the longest. smh

People are cynical for good reason.
#136darklink1017Posted 11/27/2012 12:41:55 PM
TC has ass burgers
---
http://cdn.wg.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/snooki.gif
http://i.imgur.com/lOqsi.gif
#137zhaoyun99Posted 11/27/2012 12:42:06 PM
It's laughable when someone think that Nintendo would go down easily. Even though I'm a PS3 player, I could see Nintendo will be the last man standing in this business if there was a sudden financial crisis in the gaming industry. I also would say Xbox will probably go down first since their BS 1984 plan will be passed.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#138Ness0123456789Posted 11/27/2012 12:47:06 PM
TC's forgetting about the rumors of Sony and Microsoft's plans for next gen consoles and DRM. Both of them are rumored to block used games and require an online connection. Microsoft's also got a patent to use the Kinect to monitor users and as a camera and monitor users as a form of DRM. If these turn out to be true, I wouldn't be surprised if people decided they had enough of that crap and buy a Wii U over a PS3 or Xbox 360.

And?

If you think that the DRM is a decision that's being made strictly by Microsoft and Sony, you're incredibly misinformed.

Believe it or not, the DRM issue isn't coming from piracy (though that is a small part of it), it's coming from the retail game stores and their continued refusal to work with developers and publishers on the sales of used games. If, and it's almost a certain if, Gamestop, Bestbuy, and your other retail sellers continue selling used games without letting the developers and publishers see a dime of it, it's not just going to become a "Well only Microsoft and Sony are going to push the DRM" thing. Every developer will.

Microsoft and Sony might fire the bullet in the next generation, but they're doing it not out of greed, but out of necessity. When you have companies like Gamestop offering to buy back your games for $30, so that they can turn around and sell them for $50, do you really think the average gamer and consumer is NOT going to take advantage of that? They don't know, or care, about the fact the developers aren't making any money that way, and therein lies the exact problem with all of this.

Consumer ignorance, like yours, is what leads to DRM. If you want to avoid DRM from future consoles, games, and developers, than you need to help spread the word about used game sales, what they do to the game companies, and not support them by simply not buying used if you know that the money you spend on the used title isn't going to go to the developer.

But of course, you, and many others, will simply take this at face value, and say "Well Nintendo will NEVER do that! Never!" But that of course is wrong, and Nintendo will eventually jump into the ship as their third party developers do. If they don't, than the Third Parties will stop developing on the WiiU knowing full well that their games will be resold used, and they won't get any profit from them.

DRM is a vicious cycle, but it's brought about more often than not by consumer ignorance and retail sellers. Piracy isn't the biggest issue when it comes to DRM, ESPECIALLY Console DRM.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#139donnbobhardyPosted 11/27/2012 12:54:57 PM
trenken posted...
The 3DS was overpriced for something that was essentially just an enhanced DS. Well the same thing is going on now. The U is an enhanced Wii, something everyone and their mother already owns, so although its far to early to tell, its entirely possible that the U may not do all that well. We'll see.

Here it is again! The 3DS and U are enhanced DS and Wii. Someone explain why the 360, PS3, and Vita are not just enhanced Xbox, PS2, and PSP. This argument doesn't make sense!
#140noodlesnjebPosted 11/27/2012 12:58:19 PM
stopped reading at "Asperger's Syndrome"