Sadly, I'm pretty sure this will be Nintendo's last console. WARNING: Long topic

#51D_Rich_KingPosted 11/27/2012 6:23:09 AM
I agree with you TC.
---
DLC is a method of corporate profiteering. Will you buy into it?
#52BikeaLossPosted 11/27/2012 6:23:49 AM
Xtreme-Void posted...
MonadAlvis posted...
Eh, I'm pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about since you think Nintendo would sell out to MS or Sony; they are very proud of their Japanese-based...ness and Sony is in no financial state to be buying up Nintendo IPs. Nintendo also said they would rather see franchises like Mario and Zelda be discontinued than to see another company own them. You bring up no hard numbers in your post, further convincing me that you really don't know what you're talking about.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/atari8bit/937860-mario-bros/data

By your logic Nintendo already dead since 1989

By your logic Sony never released a Sony console.
Just stop trolling, please.
#53UndietakerPosted 11/27/2012 6:28:15 AM
darkness1018 posted...
Considering that the system can still be found at Best Buy, Gamestop and Target when the Wii was sold out everywhere from release until after Xmas, id say yea, its not selling like they thought it would. Im in NYC and had no problem finding a WiiU in any of the stores i mentioned. I bought one from Gamestop, they had a whole display behind the counter. Bestbuy had a whole display on a shelf as did Target. My friend is a manager in Gamestop and even she said the system didnt sell as well as she thought it would. She was told to make a huge display of the system and games behind the counter to boost sales. I posted that in another thread. While i dont think this will be Nintendos last home system i do think its not going to do as well as the Wii. Most gamers have learned their lesson from buying a Wii and are not willing to take another gamble. They should have removed the "Wii" name from the system altogether and called it something else to show gamers its another system and not just a Wii rehash.

Truth is the Wii was never sold out either, Nintendo just purposely held back millions of units to create the illusion that the system was so popular.
I had a friend that worked at Nintendo Australia at the time. They had 300,000 units in their warehouse yet all the store shelves were bare and they weren't shipping them.
That's just one very small market, imagine how many they held back in the States and Europe.
#54Doom_InfinitePosted 11/27/2012 6:42:51 AM
Nintendo is in great health, far better than both Sony and Microsoft. They had stock drops and the worst loss they’ve had, but so has everyone else. It’s a bad economy.
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
#55NightsOwlPosted 11/27/2012 6:43:02 AM
I think you're nuts.

Nintendo was fine with the not so well selling Gamecube and N64.

If the Wii U will be one of those types of consoles, so be it. They'll still be fine.
---
Not changing my signature until Breath of Fire VI or EBA2/Ouendan3 is announced.
People with Waifus need Laifus.
#56DeathSnipe777Posted 11/27/2012 6:45:46 AM
Probably not, because Nintendo has oodles of money and they'll still profit off of WiiU because Nintendo.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#57jsb0714Posted 11/27/2012 6:51:00 AM
Starwars4J posted...
TC called the Wii U's sales disappointing when they stomped over the the sales of the 360, PS3, and even more than the original Wii in the same amount of time. Oh lawl. Maybe TC can chalk this disaster of a topic up to his aspergers, which is probably why he mentioned it.

TC made it up so he could give himself a cop out when the deserved ridiculing of this topic started.
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this
#58D_Rich_KingPosted 11/27/2012 6:58:07 AM
jsb0714 posted...
Starwars4J posted...
TC called the Wii U's sales disappointing when they stomped over the the sales of the 360, PS3, and even more than the original Wii in the same amount of time. Oh lawl. Maybe TC can chalk this disaster of a topic up to his aspergers, which is probably why he mentioned it.

TC made it up so he could give himself a cop out when the deserved ridiculing of this topic started.

So now people gonna villify TC for having Aspergers? How low will these rabid fanboys go?
---
DLC is a method of corporate profiteering. Will you buy into it?
#59FoofyheadPosted 11/27/2012 7:03:55 AM
I haven't read many of the posts from either side, but I think we'd all do well to never post actual words (re: unique thoughts of our own) on GFAQs again. Instead, we should all just post links to other topics, or links to other pages, or links to links:

http://ladygeekgirl.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/zelda-links.jpg
---
Slow drivers should have their own roads to use, special roads for special drivers. Or, there should be a lane for these special people. Maybe the right lane.
#60MEFreak1984Posted 11/27/2012 7:13:19 AM
Yes, I'm sure the recession has no impact on sales of consoles and games in general. Go Troll somewhere else.
---
PSN ID: BladeGash
"Even a Dead God can dream"