Wii U sold 400k units during Black Friday, 360 sold 750k during the same period

#11HitagiPosted 11/27/2012 12:50:13 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...
Well, WiiU's not out in Europe or Japan (I think?) yet. So wait for that first...

What? That won't change anything.
#12motorazrv3xxxPosted 11/27/2012 12:50:53 PM
Baha05 posted...
motorazrv3xxx posted...
Blame Nintendo's half-assed launch with no games.

Ummm no because that is a really stupid saying. The fact of the matter is the system just launched, the freaking 360 has been out for like 7 years and have Black Friday deals on the console alone.

I guess it just goes to show that these Nintendo consoles can't sell on hype alone.
---
Official Nintendo Defense Force Member
#13LinetrixPosted 11/27/2012 12:52:24 PM(edited)
That is the ultimate proof that the Wii U is, at best, on par with the PS3/360. The difference being no games on the Wii U. Nintendo is 6 years late.

Usually new consoles sell a lot better than old hardware. That just proves Wii U will sell about the same as the Gamecube did.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#14Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 11/27/2012 12:52:00 PM
Yup because clearly they are both equal in the games they offer.

Oh wait they aren't.

And the back pedaling begins...
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#15HungoverHero777Posted 11/27/2012 12:52:05 PM
Hitagi posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
Well, WiiU's not out in Europe or Japan (I think?) yet. So wait for that first...

Lol, such a ridiculous statement.
---
The Great Mighty Poo sings better than JB. Agree:6 Disagree:0 PM me for your choice.
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board. IlThe AR-C Expert II
#16Baha05Posted 11/27/2012 12:52:51 PM
motorazrv3xxx posted...
I guess it just goes to show that these Nintendo consoles can't sell on hype alone.

Not really, besides 400,000 is a lot of units, but again this topic is pretty damn stupid and anyone trying to make the comparison or idea that the Wii U is bad or going to flop because of this needs to stop trying to think they know the industry.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#17LinetrixPosted 11/27/2012 12:53:05 PM
HungoverHero777 posted...
Hitagi posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...

Lol, mine is such a ridiculous statement.

Agreed.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#18NeojianXPosted 11/27/2012 12:55:07 PM(edited)
That figures, because it would be hard for me to get a WiiU over the Limited edition Halo 4 X360 bundle for the same price. Mostly due to more games I like for the X360 already available and that nice system design.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Limited-Edition-Halo-Bundle/dp/B003O6JIFA

They are scalping them there, but I know some stores that still have them for the MSRP of $349.99.

That scalping is killing the Game Industry also. Specially when it's easy to know it's gamestop and clerks doing it on pre-order game stuff. like that Persona 4 Golden Complete Vita bundle.
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#19Baha05Posted 11/27/2012 12:54:36 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
And the back pedaling begins...

There is no back peddling. They are comparing a 1 Week system, to that of a 7 Year system that has far more games and even had Black Friday deals on the system itself. Which if you know Black Friday people generally are jumping on the deals and not full priced products.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#20youngskillzPosted 11/27/2012 12:55:17 PM
yeah 360's sell alot.....no suprise there.

now to see how much the new xbox will sell at it's launch....really don't see it doing bad or nothing just saying.

those numbers would be more of an accurate comparison.
---
Melodic Death Bands OTM -- Dream of Unreality, Saint of Disgrace, I Spit Ashes, Cipher System, Catch The Sun, Mors Principium Est, Dorgmooth, Disese Illusion.