Wii U sold 400k units during Black Friday, 360 sold 750k during the same period

#201darklinkfan55Posted 11/27/2012 7:38:20 PM
wii U's were all sold out at all the malls i went to :\
---
~everyone has a darkside, link has two~
#202CBratePosted 11/27/2012 7:44:12 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
And the back pedaling begins...

There is no back peddling. They are comparing a 1 Week system, to that of a 7 Year system that has far more games and even had Black Friday deals on the system itself. Which if you know Black Friday people generally are jumping on the deals and not full priced products.

And just when the Nintendo army almost had us convinced being next gen was so much better.
---
To all the trolls out there, I have 173 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: Xander7756
#203FlyinTonitePosted 11/27/2012 7:49:38 PM
this thread has run the gamut from troll heaven to embarassing to just sad.
---
Apathetic since I don't care when.
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#204Baha05Posted 11/27/2012 7:49:47 PM
CBrate posted...
And just when the Nintendo army almost had us convinced being next gen was so much better.

The system is still young so there is no real way to say it'll be better. But the fact of the matter is trying to make the Wii U sales look bad by comparing them with the 360 Black Friday sales is really stupid.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#205CrystalTsubakiPosted 11/27/2012 8:23:25 PM
I don't know about you guys, but at my local stores during the black Friday sale the Xbox 360 was $130, came with four games and a kinect. Two of the games were kinect games.

Playstation 3 was $150, and only came with one game.

The Wii was $100, and came with three games.

The Wii U was 20 dollars off. So, instead of 400$, it was $380, without tax. Of course the basic edition didn't come with a game.

They also had sales on many new video games and older games, and made them $15 -$30. Such as, Playstation All Stars, Borderlands 2 Super Mario Galaxy 1-2, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and etc.. The sale was only limited to Wii, Playstation 3, and Xbox 360 games.

Now if your kid has been wanting one of the consoles above, and if you weren't a video game nerd, which would you buy? It isn't rocket science people.

I don't see why some of you are arguing. The other consoles simply had a better deal on Black Friday, Really simple as that.

P.S. I wasn't able to get a Wii U. They were sold out everywhere. :(
#206PlayballKPosted 11/27/2012 8:44:21 PM
I don't think the sales numbers mean that much given that the Wii U just launched and the 360 and PS3 are aging systems. Also most of the retailers had 360 bundles on sale for deep discounts. Wal-Mart offered a 360 4GB w/ Skylanders for $150 while Target offered a 4GB Kinect bundle for $199.99 and Best Buy offered a 250GB w/o Kinect bundle also for $199.99. The PS3 had similar deals but from what I noticed didn't sell as at least at the local Target. The numbers are probably inflated given the big discounts that retailers offered last week combined with the fact that there are supply shortages for the Wii U. When I am at one of our local stores you can always find a 360 or a PS3, but the Wii U has been sold out from day one.
#207SteelToothPosted 11/27/2012 8:50:54 PM
I'm not going through five pages to see if it has been mentioned, but how did the Wii perform when it launched years ago?

Seems like that would be a more logical comparison.
---
TWSSted Steel Disagree with me? Talk to the Tree:
http://i.imgur.com/ihMBR.jpg
#208Newbie00Posted 11/27/2012 9:12:41 PM
Baha05 posted...
Yup because clearly they are both equal in the games they offer.

Oh wait they aren't.

By far the stupidest post I've read on these boards.

New releases are supposed to outsell 7 year old products on the market if they've been hyped properly and actually have something of value to offer.
---
Sokar, Eliot... lay off Tony. I can vouch for him. He's a top lad and a massive PS3 supporter. He's not an enemy here. - SomnusNemoris on the Sony Defense Force
#209Newbie00Posted 11/27/2012 9:15:44 PM(edited)
SteelTooth posted...
I'm not going through five pages to see if it has been mentioned, but how did the Wii perform when it launched years ago?

Seems like that would be a more logical comparison.

The original Wii hit 600 000 during the same time period.
---
Sokar, Eliot... lay off Tony. I can vouch for him. He's a top lad and a massive PS3 supporter. He's not an enemy here. - SomnusNemoris on the Sony Defense Force
#210Baha05Posted 11/27/2012 9:20:18 PM
Newbie00 posted...
By far the stupidest post I've read on these boards.

New releases are supposed to outsell 7 year old products on the market if they've been hyped properly and actually have something of value to offer.

Except that is HIGHLY unexpected for any system to do in the first week of launch and especially around Black Friday. The fact of the matter is it's unreal to expect the Wii U at launch to outsell the 360. The 360 has 7+ years of library and also had bundled deals for Black Friday while the Wii U was launched just a few days earlier and only has a weeks worth of games.

Hence why it's stupid to try to compare it, it will always be stupid to compare it because the previous generation ALWAYS has the edge over the newer generation in terms of sales until the older generation is pulled off the shelves and discontinued.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail