Wii U sold 400k units during Black Friday, 360 sold 750k during the same period

#211nightopianPosted 11/27/2012 8:24:19 PM
Cool story bro.
---
Why can't the ant and the caterpillar just get along? One eats grass, the other eats caterpillars... Oh... I see now.
#212steve9842005Posted 11/27/2012 9:50:27 PM
Newbie00 posted...
The original Wii hit 600 000 during the same time period.

The Wii hit 600,000 in November 2006 in North America.

Wii U hit 400,000 in U.S. only before the end of November. Still don't have the rest of NA's numbers.
---
www.last.fm/user/Steve9842009 GT:Steve9842006
2010/2012 San Francisco Giants: World Series Champions!
#213ninjarobot_22Posted 11/27/2012 10:51:44 PM
The problem I see for the Wii U is in the advertising. I know they're trying to just live off of what the Wii did, but when you look at the commercials to us gamers it's like oh yeah awesome but to the average person it looks like the same **** as the Wii.
---
"Thanks for the input Jeff."
#214darkness1018Posted 11/27/2012 11:09:16 PM(edited)
PlayballK posted...
I don't think the sales numbers mean that much given that the Wii U just launched and the 360 and PS3 are aging systems. Also most of the retailers had 360 bundles on sale for deep discounts. Wal-Mart offered a 360 4GB w/ Skylanders for $150 while Target offered a 4GB Kinect bundle for $199.99 and Best Buy offered a 250GB w/o Kinect bundle also for $199.99. The PS3 had similar deals but from what I noticed didn't sell as at least at the local Target. The numbers are probably inflated given the big discounts that retailers offered last week combined with the fact that there are supply shortages for the Wii U. When I am at one of our local stores you can always find a 360 or a PS3, but the Wii U has been sold out from day one.

Thats funny cause here in NYC ive seen WiiUs in gamestop, bestbuy and target all the time. I bought 1 at the very first gamestop i went to one on black friday, they had a ton on display behind the counter. By the end of the day they STILL had some. I know cause my friend went to the same gamestop afterwork to buy 1 for his son. My friend whos a manager at a gamestop told me that she was told to make a big display of the system and games behind the counter to try and boost sales. The proble with the WiiU is that most people learned their lesson from buying a Wii. Nintendo shouldve removed the "Wii" name from it and called it something else, otherwise people who dont know might just think its just an upgraded Wii.
---
PSN-nightwing2099
Systems Owned- PS3, PSP, PSV, GC, DC, N64, Xbox(original)
#215fedor-machinePosted 11/28/2012 12:23:31 AM
$300+ vs $99 lol.
#216motorazrv3xxxPosted 11/28/2012 5:22:49 AM
darkness1018 posted...
PlayballK posted...
I don't think the sales numbers mean that much given that the Wii U just launched and the 360 and PS3 are aging systems. Also most of the retailers had 360 bundles on sale for deep discounts. Wal-Mart offered a 360 4GB w/ Skylanders for $150 while Target offered a 4GB Kinect bundle for $199.99 and Best Buy offered a 250GB w/o Kinect bundle also for $199.99. The PS3 had similar deals but from what I noticed didn't sell as at least at the local Target. The numbers are probably inflated given the big discounts that retailers offered last week combined with the fact that there are supply shortages for the Wii U. When I am at one of our local stores you can always find a 360 or a PS3, but the Wii U has been sold out from day one.

Thats funny cause here in NYC ive seen WiiUs in gamestop, bestbuy and target all the time. I bought 1 at the very first gamestop i went to one on black friday, they had a ton on display behind the counter. By the end of the day they STILL had some. I know cause my friend went to the same gamestop afterwork to buy 1 for his son. My friend whos a manager at a gamestop told me that she was told to make a big display of the system and games behind the counter to try and boost sales. The proble with the WiiU is that most people learned their lesson from buying a Wii. Nintendo shouldve removed the "Wii" name from it and called it something else, otherwise people who dont know might just think its just an upgraded Wii.

Very true. I'm sure that some of the casual gamers are confused by the idiotic naming. And yes, about the system being unsold at some places, I have seen the same things here. Hype for this console simply isn't high.
---
Official Nintendo Defense Force Member
#217pearl arowanaPosted 11/28/2012 8:26:33 AM
wii u suck. its an underpowered console. period
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or abministrator]
#218RedBullWingsPosted 11/28/2012 9:20:12 AM
I laugh at the lack of business knowledge in this topic.

Both Nintendo and Microsoft did well during Black Friday.

Everyone should stop focusing on how well companies are pushing consoles and spend there time elsewhere.
#219NeojianXPosted 11/28/2012 11:36:38 AM
The Wii was $100, and came with three games

That is not true. I believe the Wii was as much or more than the PS3 and X360.

Nintendo hates to lower the price of it's games and systems. I know all 3 were $279.99 at the same time and I believe they all were $179.99 at the same time.

Nintendo removed Gamecube BC and did not lower the price of the Wii.
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )