The Wii was the Gamecube 1.5...

#1Fierce_Deity777Posted 11/27/2012 7:24:03 PM
And somehow the Wii U is the Dreamcast 2. What are you gonna call the next system? The TurboGrafx 32?
Jeez, people.
---
R - Official Slowpoketail Vendor
Official Mawile of the Pokemon Black/White 2 Boards.
#2LHS_2012Posted 11/27/2012 7:26:26 PM
These comments are usually pretty funny in retrospect. An early criticism of Super Smash Bros Brawl was that it was just "Melee 1.5", and now everyone who hates it hates it because it far and away isn't Melee 1.5
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_N_WTiMga4
#3STN79Posted 11/27/2012 7:26:46 PM
Derp Wii U's graphics are worse than N64 hur hur.
Just trying to fit in. :)
#4andodelPosted 11/27/2012 7:48:17 PM
LHS_2012 posted...
These comments are usually pretty funny in retrospect. An early criticism of Super Smash Bros Brawl was that it was just "Melee 1.5", and now everyone who hates it hates it because it far and away isn't Melee 1.5

I still don't get what was wrong with Brawl. Other than shoddy online, I loved it.
---
3DS FC= 0774-4348-2965 PM me with your FC if you want to be friends.
#5emagdnEPosted 11/27/2012 7:56:37 PM
what was wrong with Brawl other than the online you ask?! more like what was RIGHT with Brawl!

-horrible roster, not counting Wario, Dedede, and Meta Knight as they should have been in Melee to begin with, Olimar and R.O.B. were the only characters who actually deserved to get in
-Assist Trophies amounting to turning characters worthier of being playable than who we did get (Little Mac was an actual NES era icon, who the **** remembered Ice Climbers before Melee?! what the hell made Pit worthier?) into glorified pokéballs
-SSE sucked
-lolFinal Smashes
-shoddy game mech- *trips* ow
-horrible online
-extremely limited stage editor
-trophies were just models ripped directly from Gamecube games, as opposed to Melee which actually put forth an effort and made the trophies from scratch
-soundtrack sucked due to letting other composers make remixes of songs, often with songs being quite unlike the original (since when the **** was King Dedede's theme soft and slow paced?!)

and so on
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#6PsienceWinsPosted 11/27/2012 7:59:20 PM
emagdnE posted...
what was wrong with Brawl other than the online you ask?! more like what was RIGHT with Brawl!

-horrible roster, not counting Wario, Dedede, and Meta Knight as they should have been in Melee to begin with, Olimar and R.O.B. were the only characters who actually deserved to get in
-Assist Trophies amounting to turning characters worthier of being playable than who we did get (Little Mac was an actual NES era icon, who the **** remembered Ice Climbers before Melee?! what the hell made Pit worthier?) into glorified pokéballs
-SSE sucked
-lolFinal Smashes
-horrible online
-trophies were just models ripped directly from Gamecube games, as opposed to Melee which actually put forth an effort and made the trophies from scratch
-soundtrack sucked due to letting other composers make remixes of songs, often with songs being quite unlike the original (since when the **** was King Dedede's theme soft and slow paced?!)

and so on

I'm surprised you didn't mention Wave Dashing at all. Good job.
---
Reverse trolling. One of my many talents.
#7Sol_ClydePosted 11/27/2012 8:01:09 PM
emagdnE posted...

-SSE sucked
-lolFinal Smashes
-horrible online

and so on

Nobody cares. Off-topic s*** and smash boards are that way ->
---
Want to make the boards a better place?
REPORT bad posts and topics so the moderators can do something about it.
#8JackTheRimmerPosted 11/27/2012 8:01:16 PM
Wii was Gamecube 1.2
#9GigaVoltsPosted 11/27/2012 8:03:37 PM
emagdnE posted...

-SSE sucked
-lolFinal Smashes
-horrible online

and so on

1. No not really. An opinion
2. Assist trophies were nice. Some should have been character but still not a point.
3. Yes
4. No
5. Not really an issue
6. Yes
7. Still nice addition
8.OK? Not a real point lol
9. Opinion

All opinions
---
The NEW GigaVolts Seal of Approval.
http://i.imgur.com/KH8u3.png
#10abbyhitterPosted 11/27/2012 8:12:35 PM
emagdnE posted...

-SSE sucked
-lolFinal Smashes
-horrible online

and so on

The soundtrack was completely amazing. Bramble Blast remix from DKC 2 was the most amazing song on the entire soundtrack. Subspace Emissary was great and was a great effort compared to SSBM's crappy Adventure mode. The Stage Editor was not limited at all. Final Smashes were great power-ups that added great fun and wow factor to multiplayer. Game mechanics were great and controls were easy to understand and get the hang of. Tripping does not bother me. Wario, Dedede, and Metaknight were additions to the roster. There is no "they should have been in SSBM" excuse. That's just a dumb excuse. The online didn't bother me because I rarely played online. The Wii's FC system was limited, but the random matches worked great for me with no lag. The trophies were great add-ons and provided lots of trivia that I didn't know about Nintendo characters. Assist Trophies were awesome added a lot to the battles.

SSBB was a fantastic game, and it's going to take a lot for SSB U to out-do it.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!