How hard is it to make realistic graphics?

#11slickvic1990Posted 11/27/2012 11:18:29 PM
Mixorz posted...
slickvic1990 posted...
there are plenty of games that offer what you are looking for. there's no need for Nintendo to drastically change their franchises just to cater to certain demographic.

Sorry but they should change their games. Zelda has been basically the same for their last 3 consoles. It's what fans want and it's what will sell. I'm sorry but G rated rainbows don't cut it for entertainment value. Most of you think you owe Nintendo something and have to support them no matter what, but remember its your money, don't be afraid to buy other things. I just recently played Assassins Creed, can't help but think that's how Zelda should be.

again. if you want something different, go play something different. No one's making you stick with Nintendo games. there are games to cater to your tastes
#12nonexistingheroPosted 11/27/2012 11:18:35 PM
_Falstaff posted...
In this topic, being able to buy a mature rated game means you're an adult.

Being able to legally buy one does. Doesn't mean the buyer is mature though.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#13AstralFrostPosted 11/27/2012 11:19:02 PM
"Realistic" graphics become outdated faster than cartoon graphics. World of Warcraft compared to Everquest 2 is a great example of this. WoW went the cartoon route and the graphics are still decent years later. Everquest 2 went the realistic route and looked dated a couple of years after release. Of course some graphical upgrades that WoW got also helped its case but you get the idea.
#14Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 11:19:12 PM
_Falstaff posted...
In this topic, being able to buy a mature rated game means you're an adult.

Not exactly, but a sign of aging and maturity is that things that entertained you when you were seven are not very entertaining anymore. If a grown man was watching Yu Gi Oh, most adults would think they have serious problems and are borderline pedo. Are you telling me you really think Mario is entertaining if you found it entertaining at a young age? I played the very first Mario game when I was about 5-6, sorry but I've grown up and it really isn't all that fun.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#15rtdzignPosted 11/27/2012 11:19:20 PM
I find many games that are rated Mature are actually more immature.
#16JuanZoloPosted 11/27/2012 11:19:41 PM
How hard is it to make realistic graphics? Is this a serious question?

Let me see if I can answer.
Have you ever heard of Red Dead Redemption? Yes? It took over 800 people working twelve hours a day, six days a week, a total of six years to develop.

I'm guessing it's pretty F***ing hard.
---
If the doors of perception were to be cleansed, everything would appear as it truly is-Infinite.
#17eddystolemynamePosted 11/27/2012 11:21:00 PM
rtdzign posted...
YOLO! swag. I'm A Man! I'm Forty!

Mike Gundy reference on a gaming board? Impressive.
#18Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 11:21:35 PM
rtdzign posted...
I find many games that are rated Mature are actually more immature.

Some can be, depends how it's utilized. Just having it gratuitously for shock value like Gears of War or Borderlands is immature, but a game like Halo or Red Dead Redemption is way more mature and deep than Zelda.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
#19GoombaXPosted 11/27/2012 11:21:52 PM
Mixorz posted...
I'm just so tired of all this animation. I'm a grown man, please make some age appropriate games now, your audience is getting older. Make romance options with Zelda and blood, make Pokemon look meaner and have them die not faint. I just feel like Nintendo is stubborn and refuses to change things.

what are 10? go buy duke nukem forever.
got it for my 10 year old brother cause hey its a kids game. mario and legend of zelda are to hard for kids now a days anyway
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#20Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 11:22:58 PM
GoombaX posted...
Mixorz posted...
I'm just so tired of all this animation. I'm a grown man, please make some age appropriate games now, your audience is getting older. Make romance options with Zelda and blood, make Pokemon look meaner and have them die not faint. I just feel like Nintendo is stubborn and refuses to change things.

what are 10? go buy duke nukem forever.
got it for my 10 year old brother cause hey its a kids game. mario and legend of zelda are to hard for kids now a days anyway

Mashing one button is hard? News to me tbh. Sounds like your little brother is actually more grown up than you are.
---