How hard is it to make realistic graphics?

#161FoppePosted 11/28/2012 1:42:44 AM
Think a Katamari game with realistic graphics...
The people/animals you add to your Katamari are slowly crushed to death, leaving a big trail of blood and gore when you push it forward.
You hear people screaming in pain when their cars and airplanes are crushed...
The military tries to stop you and your only option to survive is to add them to your Katamari of death...

...you know what, I prefer unrealistic games...
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#162SpaceOddity87Posted 11/28/2012 1:45:57 AM
Assassin's Creed is pitiful compared with Zelda. There's only so much climbing buildings and walking through crowds that I can take. Photorealism is nice, but if you're that worried about blood and guts, maybe you need to rework your priorities. Just because you're an adult doesn't mean that you should feel embarrassed to play a game with cute characters, and there are more than enough games going for 'realism', as it is, and what passes as realism in the realm of video games isn't even close to the real article. If games were truly realistic, most people wouldn't play them, because they wouldn't have much action or flare, so I wish people would come up with a better term than that.

As long as Nintendo continue to put out games like Mario Galaxy, they can keep doing whatever they want. If you're not interested in what they do anymore, just play something else.
#163Spade59Posted 11/28/2012 1:47:31 AM
Mixorz posted...
so yeah keep on pretending Zelda requires more than a room temperature IQ to beat.

Lol @ any modern game or examples you listed taking more than an average level of intelligence to beat.

That said you've ignored every response in this topic that has destroyed your strawman and instead are arguing with the children you've infuriated. How pathetic for an adult, though I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you aren't one.
#164MajinKogahazanPosted 11/28/2012 2:30:23 AM
Final Fantasy2389 posted...
lol I needed a laugh. Thanks.

---
Read a Nuzlocke by me and a friend at: http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/topic/8746106/1/#new
Dubs>Subs
#165TheSmartBlondePosted 11/28/2012 2:32:13 AM
SpaceOddity87 posted...
Assassin's Creed is pitiful compared with Zelda. There's only so much climbing buildings and walking through crowds that I can take. Photorealism is nice, but if you're that worried about blood and guts, maybe you need to rework your priorities. Just because you're an adult doesn't mean that you should feel embarrassed to play a game with cute characters, and there are more than enough games going for 'realism', as it is, and what passes as realism in the realm of video games isn't even close to the real article. If games were truly realistic, most people wouldn't play them, because they wouldn't have much action or flare, so I wish people would come up with a better term than that.

As long as Nintendo continue to put out games like Mario Galaxy, they can keep doing whatever they want. If you're not interested in what they do anymore, just play something else.

Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are pitiful compared to AC2 and AC3.

Oh, and to Jaun:

Skyrim and Batman Arkham City received a lot of GOTY 2011 awards.

Dishonored is a great game that came out recently.

You are almost as bad as the TC.
#166pbandjamesPosted 11/28/2012 2:40:22 AM
Mixorz posted...
I'm just so tired of all this animation. I'm a grown man, please make some age appropriate games now, your audience is getting older. Make romance options with Zelda and blood, make Pokemon look meaner and have them die not faint. I just feel like Nintendo is stubborn and refuses to change things.

You're not the demographic for those games anymore. It's time for another generation of young gamers to have fun with Zelda and Mario. If you don't like it, don't play it. There's plenty of other games for you to play.
---
Game news is the best news. 3DS Friend Code: 4253-3676-2425 (James) PM me with yours if you add me
#167BikeaLossPosted 11/28/2012 2:44:37 AM
MajinKogahazan posted...
Final Fantasy2389 posted...
lol I needed a laugh. Thanks.
#168LeeCzPosted 11/28/2012 2:48:58 AM
Onikyuubi posted...
Here you go TC, I'm sure this "mature" Mario will be a lot more to your liking now.

http://tinyurl.com/cwdvfnv

Yeah, no.

In some way the last one "art" is really great. Alice style?
Me and my friend like to see it :)
---
PSN SevenDiendForce
ACV-DS-DkS Valgar Reinhart
#169Oni_TaedoPosted 11/28/2012 2:53:42 AM
You can be mature without being violent or gritty.

Hell, most kids movies are more mature than a lot of films aimed at adults.
---
If you have accepted Kenshiro as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, you are already dead.
#170MarioFanaticXVPosted 11/28/2012 2:54:05 AM
rtdzign posted...
YOLO! swag. I'm A Man! I'm Forty!

Are we talking months or weeks?
---
"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:"
1 Tim 6:20