How hard is it to make realistic graphics?

#211shadetail1Posted 11/27/2012 10:23:59 PM
Mixorz posted...
Sorry but they should change their games. Zelda has been basically the same for their last 3 consoles. It's what fans want and it's what will sell. I'm sorry but G rated rainbows don't cut it for entertainment value. Most of you think you owe Nintendo something and have to support them no matter what, but remember its your money, don't be afraid to buy other things. I just recently played Assassins Creed, can't help but think that's how Zelda should be.

This really should go without saying, but it clearly needs to be said: you do not speak for "fans". You speak for yourself.

And there are plenty of fans who completely disagree with you. Just for one example, about 99% of Japanese gamers prefer more a cartoony look to "realistic" styles. And they aren't the only ones.

Nintendo caters to a very broad field, not just to gamers like you. When it comes to Zelda, they made Twilight Princess for folks like you, and that was fine. But they use other styles too, because many fans like that better. Deal with it.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#22JuanZoloPosted 11/27/2012 10:26:08 PM
Mixorz posted...
GoombaX posted...
Mixorz posted...
I'm just so tired of all this animation. I'm a grown man, please make some age appropriate games now, your audience is getting older. Make romance options with Zelda and blood, make Pokemon look meaner and have them die not faint. I just feel like Nintendo is stubborn and refuses to change things.

what are 10? go buy duke nukem forever.
got it for my 10 year old brother cause hey its a kids game. mario and legend of zelda are to hard for kids now a days anyway

Mashing one button is hard? News to me tbh. Sounds like your little brother is actually more grown up than you are.

Mashing one button? Would you please share with us which game you are referring to?
(I am aware TC is a troll, but this is just too fun)
---
If the doors of perception were to be cleansed, everything would appear as it truly is-Infinite.
#23nonexistingheroPosted 11/27/2012 10:27:24 PM
Mixorz posted...
_Falstaff posted...
In this topic, being able to buy a mature rated game means you're an adult.

Not exactly, but a sign of aging and maturity is that things that entertained you when you were seven are not very entertaining anymore. If a grown man was watching Yu Gi Oh, most adults would think they have serious problems and are borderline pedo. Are you telling me you really think Mario is entertaining if you found it entertaining at a young age? I played the very first Mario game when I was about 5-6, sorry but I've grown up and it really isn't all that fun.

You couldn't be more wrong. And if you really think like that about it, you shouldn't even be playing videogames anymore.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#24Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 10:28:27 PM
JuanZolo posted...
Mixorz posted...
GoombaX posted...
Mixorz posted...
I'm just so tired of all this animation. I'm a grown man, please make some age appropriate games now, your audience is getting older. Make romance options with Zelda and blood, make Pokemon look meaner and have them die not faint. I just feel like Nintendo is stubborn and refuses to change things.

got it for my 10 year old brother cause hey its a kids game. mario and legend of zelda are to hard for kids now a days anyway

Mashing one button is hard? News to me tbh. Sounds like your little brother is actually more grown up than you are.

Mashing one button? Would you please share with us which game you are referring to?

Pretty much combat in Zelda or Mario. Most enemies are defeated using simple means. Boss fights may require a bit more, but its hardly difficult. I mean if I play Zelda, I know most likely whatever item I find in a dungeon I'm going to need to fight the boss. These aren't hard. If you actually think Nntendo games are hard than wow. Try playing Dark Souls or XCOM.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#25GoombaXPosted 11/27/2012 10:29:50 PM
Mixorz posted...
GoombaX posted...
Mixorz posted...

lol, aww did i hurt your feelings. I hope you didnt forget to put on your big boy diapers cause there seems to be a lot of crap coming from ya.
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#26Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 10:31:13 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
Mixorz posted...
_Falstaff posted...
In this topic, being able to buy a mature rated game means you're an adult.

Not exactly, but a sign of aging and maturity is that things that entertained you when you were seven are not very entertaining anymore. If a grown man was watching Yu Gi Oh, most adults would think they have serious problems and are borderline pedo. Are you telling me you really think Mario is entertaining if you found it entertaining at a young age? I played the very first Mario game when I was about 5-6, sorry but I've grown up and it really isn't all that fun.

You couldn't be more wrong. And if you really think like that about it, you shouldn't even be playing videogames anymore.

Why? Videogames are better now than they've ever been. Red Dead Redemption is one of the best games I've ever played with one of the best stories. The Mass Effect trilogy was great, Dragon Age Origins was absolutely amazing, Fallout 3 and New Vegas were also amazing. The thing is, I can't honestly say any of Nintendos last gen games is on the level of those last games I mentioned.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
#27nonexistingheroPosted 11/27/2012 10:32:11 PM
Go play Zelda 2 and SMB: The Lost Levels. Both are infinitely harder than your so called adult games. Seriously, you can't be older than 15 or 16 -__-
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#28GoombaXPosted 11/27/2012 10:32:13 PM
Mixorz posted...
JuanZolo posted...
Mixorz posted...
GoombaX posted...
Mixorz posted...

Pretty much combat in Zelda or Mario. Most enemies are defeated using simple means. Boss fights may require a bit more, but its hardly difficult. I mean if I play Zelda, I know most likely whatever item I find in a dungeon I'm going to need to fight the boss. These aren't hard. If you actually think Nntendo games are hard than wow. Try playing Dark Souls or XCOM.

lol dark souls isnt hard, in fact it gives you the illusion of hard when really all you have to do is know the patterns just like mario or legend of zelda.
xcom wasnt really that hard either hell i beat it fairly easy on hard with ironman.
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#29Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 10:32:27 PM
GoombaX posted...
Mixorz posted...
GoombaX posted...
Mixorz posted...

lol, aww did i hurt your feelings. I hope you didnt forget to put on your big boy diapers cause there seems to be a lot of crap coming from ya.

Lol this kid is so butt hurt.
---
#30JuanZoloPosted 11/27/2012 10:32:47 PM
Mixorz posted...
JuanZolo posted...
Mixorz posted...
GoombaX posted...
Mixorz posted...

I just beat Dark Souls the other week actually. One of my new all time faves. Back to the point though.

Can you do me a favor and go boot up any Zelda or Mario game and then continuously mash one button only. When your done with that can you come back and tell me how much progress you have made? Much appreciated.
---
If the doors of perception were to be cleansed, everything would appear as it truly is-Infinite.