Good News guys, GTA 5 currently not coming to Wii U.

#1jairusmonillasPosted 11/28/2012 1:09:05 AM
http://www.gtav.net/news/4491/no-gtav-is-not-coming-to-wii-u-currently

IGN: GTA V is only confirmed for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Why not the PC, Wii U and so on?

Dan Houser: Everything else is up for consideration. That's all I can give you. The main thing is we are not... we are a third-party publisher. We're not Nintendo, we're not Sony, we're not Microsoft. We love all of them in different ways. But we can do what we want wherever there's the appropriate business opportunity and chance to find a market. If that's on Apple we put something on Apple. Wherever it might be. I think that's the fun in what we do. We see ourselves as a content company that uses technology. We don't make it; we use it to make the most fun stuff.
#2MANTI5Posted 11/28/2012 1:10:48 AM
In other words: "Once we see the WiiU selling like hot cakes we're all over that thing."
#3quickposterPosted 11/28/2012 1:11:40 AM
Firstly, this is old. Secondly the only platform they have said it isn't on is PS4. Nintendo can afford to pay for a port so it is hard to believe it wouldn't get on there.
---
Bethesda not convinced people will buy the next xbox and PS4: your install base always starts at zero
#4jairusmonillas(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 1:14:54 AM
MANTI5 posted...
In other words: "Once we see the WiiU selling like hot cakes we're all over that thing."

And if it doesn't it will NOT.
#5EoinPosted 11/28/2012 1:20:29 AM
MANTI5 posted...

Possibly, although the same thing was argued for the Wii, and despite being the best-selling console of last generation, it only got 3 Rockstar games. They ported Table Tennis (probably because of the motion controls), developed Manhunt 2 because it was well within the Wii's capabilities, and ported Bully (18 months or so after the PS2 version) and then dropped everything.
#6AstralFrostPosted 11/28/2012 1:22:19 AM
The devs probably don't expect the game to run well on the Wii considering its having difficulties with so many other games.
#7LeagultPosted 11/28/2012 1:22:25 AM
I hope they wait much longer to release it on PC.....everyone always just pirates it.
#8quickposterPosted 11/28/2012 1:29:04 AM
jairusmonillas posted...
And if it doesn't it will NOT.

Well it is so it probably will. I know I am not the only one in the world who believes Nintendo just won't let them announce it yet.
---
Bethesda not convinced people will buy the next xbox and PS4: your install base always starts at zero
#9noutBrPosted 11/28/2012 1:35:18 AM
AstralFrost posted...
The devs probably don't expect the game to run well on the Wii considering its having difficulties with so many other games.

And that is because the Developers didn't have the time to properly optimize the games for the Wii U. The mere fact that the Wii U can run some of the best looking games of last gen at launch with only a few fps dips here and there should tell you that the Wii U definitely is more powerful than PS3 and 360. It''s just that Developers probably need to put more work into optimizing because they don't know the ins and outs of the system yet.

IF GTA5 should come to Wii U I think Rockstar will need some time to get it running properly on the Wii U and it's never a good a idea to rush these things just so they can release it simultaneously with the PS3/360 versions.

But I won't be buying GTA 5 anyway, I bought GTA 4 and regretted it ever since. not that the games are bad (far from it) but I lose interest quickly and realize that the games are not the ones I enjoy playing the most.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#10Newbie00Posted 11/28/2012 1:44:13 AM
A little bit disappointing. People can brush this off but the reality seems to already be kicking in: developers are hesitant/reluctant to put well known third party titles on Nintendo systems.
---
Sokar, Eliot... lay off Tony. I can vouch for him. He's a top lad and a massive PS3 supporter. He's not an enemy here. - SomnusNemoris on the Sony Defense Force