Should I buy Super Mario Bros. Wii U physically or digitally?

#11stekim40Posted 11/28/2012 5:33:47 AM
Boxed copy > Digital.

A collection of games along a shelf look nice, a collection of games on a HD, not so. :)
---
Playing: Xcom:EU, Dishonoured, Borderlands 2, F1 2012
Waiting for: ELITE 4 (still), GTA V, Far Cry 3, Dragon Age 3
#12stop3Posted 11/28/2012 5:34:35 AM
The phrase "first world problems" is pretty condescending.

A problem is a problem, whatever culture you belong to. Everybody all over the world has both big and little problems.
#13DarkAdonis123Posted 11/28/2012 5:45:46 AM
LordBowser posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
...you can trade in a physical copy...

Why would you? I can't fathom people 'selling' copies to Gamestop for store credit, and for dimes to the dollar (Not exaggerating).

You can resell a physical copy to anyone, it doesn't have to be gamestop. I traded in RE6 to best buy for $40. That's not dimes to the dollar. Every game is not worth keeping. I'd rather resell it and get most of my money back than just be out $60 and stuck with a game I don't care much for.

I also like physical copies more because I have friends that I loan games to and who loan me games as well. Right now I'm playing a friend's copy of Zombie U. I was on the fence about it, so he let me try it to make sure I liked it before making a $60 gamble. This wouldn't be possible if he and I only bought digital.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#14jackorhoadsPosted 11/28/2012 5:51:53 AM
I prefer physical but its your call.
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
psn - jacksonrr < feel free to add :)
#15ChikaraXPosted 11/28/2012 5:58:50 AM
When it comes to Nintendo?

PHYSICAL COPY!

Buying a digital Nintendo game binds it to the console you bought it on and not to your account like every other digital distribution system does (Broken console means loss of everything as there is no way to transfer data anymore)

If your Wii U breaks you don't throw away you game discs do you?! Well you do when you buy digital games for the Wii, Wii U, DSi or 3DS.

I don't see Nintendo changing that in the near future.
#16DarkAdonis123Posted 11/28/2012 5:59:09 AM
stop3 posted...
The phrase "first world problems" is pretty condescending.

A problem is a problem, whatever culture you belong to. Everybody all over the world has both big and little problems.

That is not true at all. Is "I don't wanna get up and take 5 seconds to swap my game disc" in the same league as dying from cancer? Yes, i know using cancer as an example is extreme, but I needed an extreme example to show you that all problems are not created equal. I think that even claiming such a trivial thing is worthy of being labeled a problem at all is far more condescending than anything I've said.

I'm very fortunate. I live a very good life. But I wouldn't dare take any it for granted because I could've just as easily been born somewhere else in a different set of circumstances.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#17Steve__BurnsidePosted 11/28/2012 6:00:54 AM
Physical...

Because it's just so satisfying, seeing all your games stacked away neatly in the cabinet.
---
Currently listening to: Morbid Angel, Sodom, Inquisition, Darkthrone, Kreator, Tribulation, Exodus
#18Soanevalcke6Posted 11/28/2012 6:20:55 AM
LordBowser posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
...you can trade in a physical copy...

Why would you? I can't fathom people 'selling' copies to Gamestop for store credit, and for dimes to the dollar (Not exaggerating).

I've only ever sold one game back, and it was to Funcoland at that. It was Excitebike 64, and it was not because I was bored of the game but it pissed me off so bad that I wanted to sell it because I hated it that much. Even then, I got a decent amount of money back on it.

If you even have the tiniest chance of ever playing a game again, or even mildly enjoy having the game in your library/collection, you shouldn't sell it, ever. I don't understand why people do this. You may as well throw/give them away.

Since when do people have to sell them to Gamestop? It's called Ebay.

And selling games youll never play again/Play maybe once again is a good idea, it saves Money.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
Great Music: http://tinyurl.com/d8f78ax
#19Soanevalcke6Posted 11/28/2012 6:22:57 AM
Also, get Physical whenever you have the chance. When games become out of Print, or are Download Only, that's the only time you should buy digital on a console.

On a PC, meh, just buy everything Digital.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
Great Music: http://tinyurl.com/d8f78ax
#20ZimmyPosted 11/28/2012 6:30:38 AM
Not sure why there is any debate.

I would buy the boxed copy everytime with things as they are.

You own the box copy, you basically lease the digital copy.

Can you let your friend borrow your digital copy?
Can you sell it at a garage sale or Gamestop?

I would love the convenience of a digital copy but they have to make it a serious price difference.

I would pay $39 for a digital NSMBU, $69??? Are they crazy?