Should I buy Super Mario Bros. Wii U physically or digitally?

#21teknic1200Posted 11/28/2012 6:32:57 AM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
I get physical copies whenever possible. I like owning something tangible. How lazy are we when doing something as small as swapping game discs is a chore? Gotta love first world problems.

save the environment, produce less waste, download your copy.
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
#22JKSonicPosted 11/28/2012 6:35:06 AM
Physical because if you don't like it, beat it early, or get to the point where you know you won't play it again you can sell it.

You can "save the environment" almost just as well by reselling your games when you're finished with them too, instead of just letting it rot in a "collection".
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#23DeathSoul2000Posted 11/28/2012 6:57:16 AM
teknic1200 posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
I get physical copies whenever possible. I like owning something tangible. How lazy are we when doing something as small as swapping game discs is a chore? Gotta love first world problems.

save the environment, produce less waste, download your copy.

support nintendo's dumb console-locking practices too!
#24AndehPandyPosted 11/28/2012 6:59:18 AM
I prefer physical....something about actually being able to hold the game.
---
NNID: InstantPuddin
#25Aaron44126Posted 11/28/2012 7:03:13 AM
I'm buying digital. A game like this is one I'm sure I will keep so I don't care about resale value. So, not having to switch discs is the main driving reason.

(I'm not worried about it being locked to the console. Nintendo will help you move your licenses if something goes wrong with your Wii U. Just make sure you call them up before taking action on your own to get the proper procedure.)
#26FullMetalPanicPosted 11/28/2012 7:07:17 AM
Physical. You can re-sell it online at a decent price. Also, if you get digital, and your console breaks, your digital collection will be gone along with your console.
---
[_NNID_] Viewtiful [_PSN_] MrCiel [_3DS_] Ciel [ 2062 | 9168 | 6736 ]
#27kyomagiPosted 11/28/2012 7:10:29 AM
LordBowser posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
...you can trade in a physical copy...

Why would you? I can't fathom people 'selling' copies to Gamestop for store credit, and for dimes to the dollar (Not exaggerating).

I've only ever sold one game back, and it was to Funcoland at that. It was Excitebike 64, and it was not because I was bored of the game but it pissed me off so bad that I wanted to sell it because I hated it that much. Even then, I got a decent amount of money back on it.

If you even have the tiniest chance of ever playing a game again, or even mildly enjoy having the game in your library/collection, you shouldn't sell it, ever. I don't understand why people do this. You may as well throw/give them away.

Ebay and Best buy usually gives you 50-100% more on trade ins just for the hell of it.
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360, 3DS FC - 4339 2637 1918
#28BurgerTime79Posted 11/28/2012 7:11:56 AM
stop3 posted...
The phrase "first world problems" is pretty condescending.

A problem is a problem, whatever culture you belong to. Everybody all over the world has both big and little problems.

It's also become a meme that people throw out the second anyone has a problem with something. As if the fact that we live in a world full of opportunities and marvel means we have to stay in a state of total bliss.
I'm also sick of people who argue that you have no right to complain about something when <insert bigger issue here>. No matter the issue, the one you're having isn't big enough.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#29TekcorPosted 11/28/2012 7:26:36 AM
If the WiiU is anything like the Wii, definitely physically. The Wii would actively prevent you from backing up anything that could connect to the internet. When my Wii needed to be replaced, I lost my smash brothers progress, new super mario progress, mario kart progress, miis, and a ****-ton of other stuff. All because Nintendo wouldn't let me copy it to an SD card.

I'm sorry, I like Nintendo, but they don't mix with digital at all.
#30Masterchief5525Posted 11/28/2012 7:32:25 AM
Physical screw digital. Hard copy will always be better than digital. My 2 cents