Should I buy Super Mario Bros. Wii U physically or digitally?

#41BurgerTime79Posted 11/28/2012 7:03:11 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
....people are complaining about swapping games over now? Really?
I thought they were saying the game came on two disks, like the first four worlds were on one disk and the last four were on the second.

If they're just complaining about swapping games, oh god I fear for the future. We really are going to turn into the floating media babies from Wall-E

They've been doing this for a while now, and I honestly don't see the big idea about changing discs on a single game. The Final Fantasy series during the PS1 era must have been excruciating for them.
If it wasn't for digital distribution, someone would have designed a system or an add-on that allows multiple discs to be installed at the same time. A console version of the UMDs for the PSP with 2 discs in it would have been really interesting. Even better would have been being able to read both at the same time to cut load times.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#42BufkusPosted 11/28/2012 7:28:37 AM(edited)
I'm 100% digital right now. the only games I will ever buy physically are ones that will never be on the eshop (like Funky Barn).

I get that some people like trading in games they get tired of, but as a collector I would never do that. Plus I did it a long time ago when I was broke and you really get almost nothing for your games. It's really depressing trading in a $50 game you like for basically $5 or less. I even got rid of my entire LOST season 1 dvd set back when Gamestop was buying dvds and I got like $10 for it. Not worth it.

I know some people complain about accounts being tied to systems, but it's not a big deal for me. If my system gets stolen, I have house insurance. If my system dies, I just send it back to Nintendo. I'm not going to buy another one, that would be stupid.

I thought they were saying the game came on two disks, like the first four worlds were on one disk and the last four were on the second.

If they're just complaining about swapping games, oh god I fear for the future. We really are going to turn into the floating media babies from Wall-E

LOL what? Are you one of those old farts who walked in the snow for 5 miles to get to school?

Swapping discs is one of the worst experiences one can ever have when gaming. Once you build a digital library and experience the ease of not having to swap discs, you will understand why nobody who's gone digital wants to go back.

I stopped buying physical PC games a while ago (except for collectors edition box sets - but I still buy the game a second time digitally and just play that version). The convenience of Steam/Origin/Battle.net is amazing.

if your console breaks you won't be out of a $59.99 game too.

If your console breaks, you don't lose ANYTHING that you purchased. Why do people still believe this troll lie? You just send the system back to Nintendo and you get everything back.
#43Muffins_And_PiePosted 11/28/2012 7:28:21 AM
BurgerTime79 posted...
stop3 posted...
The phrase "first world problems" is pretty condescending.

A problem is a problem, whatever culture you belong to. Everybody all over the world has both big and little problems.

It's also become a meme that people throw out the second anyone has a problem with something. As if the fact that we live in a world full of opportunities and marvel means we have to stay in a state of total bliss.
I'm also sick of people who argue that you have no right to complain about something when <insert bigger issue here>. No matter the issue, the one you're having isn't big enough.

It's as if they have a problem with you having a problem that's little. What's their problem? Don't they know that there are bigger issues out there that could be addressed instead of wasting time reading about random people on the internet and telling them that they are merely having first world problems?
---
---
---
#44PHEEliNUXPosted 11/28/2012 7:30:18 AM
Physically, Obviously

I never buy Digital copies unless it is way cheaper (60$ for Retail, 20~30$ for Digital)

@Bufkus

The worst experience i ever had in my life is waiting a game to be DLed, Especially while being far, faraway from the Router (My PS3 ALWAYS gets disconnected after a while, Making DLing a 2GB or higher game a pain in the ass, Also you swapping discs>>>>>>Downloading+Installing a game, especially if your console breaks out)
#45jakestar0306Posted 11/28/2012 7:33:02 AM
ChikaraX posted...
When it comes to Nintendo?

PHYSICAL COPY!

Buying a digital Nintendo game binds it to the console you bought it on and not to your account like every other digital distribution system does (Broken console means loss of everything as there is no way to transfer data anymore)

If your Wii U breaks you don't throw away you game discs do you?! Well you do when you buy digital games for the Wii, Wii U, DSi or 3DS.

I don't see Nintendo changing that in the near future.

The ignorance in this post is astounding.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#46Lord_KagatoPosted 11/28/2012 7:37:10 AM
LordBowser posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
...you can trade in a physical copy...

Why would you? I can't fathom people 'selling' copies to Gamestop for store credit, and for dimes to the dollar (Not exaggerating).

I've only ever sold one game back, and it was to Funcoland at that. It was Excitebike 64, and it was not because I was bored of the game but it pissed me off so bad that I wanted to sell it because I hated it that much. Even then, I got a decent amount of money back on it.

If you even have the tiniest chance of ever playing a game again, or even mildly enjoy having the game in your library/collection, you shouldn't sell it, ever. I don't understand why people do this. You may as well throw/give them away.

This hate on gamefaqs is highly exagerrated. Maybe it's just me, but I always, ALWAYS get a good deal at gamestop.

Then again, I'm a Powerup Plus member and I always trade-in towards an upcoming game (even though store credit can be used on anything regardless) so I get abunch of trade-in credit bonuses.

I am able to trade in year-old games for $30-40 because of this, which isn't far off from selling on ebay.

So do I always buy physical? Yes. Because I can at least buy/trade physical copies. I only go digital if I know 100% I will always want to keep the game, such as my digital copies of all the classic RE and Final Fantasy games on my PS3.
---
Watch my LPs and UMvC3's Courtroom Drama! - http://tinyurl.com/bo7nxnx
Current LPs: Majora's Mask, Fatal Frame 2, Megaman Legends 2
#47DarkAdonis123Posted 11/28/2012 7:47:02 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
To take out one game and put in a different one?

That's what I was saying. I was labeled as being condescending for expressing how silly I thought complaining about swapping games was. People have a right to complain and express displeasure. But about swapping disc? That is beyond petty.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#48GeorgemenPosted 11/28/2012 7:51:41 AM
Physically. Nintendo's current online system prevents you from using your account on other consoles. Thus, should something happen to your console, there is no guarantee that you will be able to play your game on a new console. Nintendo did say there are future plans to allow you to move your account on other consoles, but if you can't wait till they do so, buy the game physically.
#49WiiFan77Posted 11/28/2012 7:58:26 AM
Physically. Don't support changing to digital.

If enough people support it, they may start making more games digital-only.
---
???
#50KamanickPosted 11/28/2012 8:03:29 AM
LordBowser posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
...you can trade in a physical copy...

Why would you? I can't fathom people 'selling' copies to Gamestop for store credit, and for dimes to the dollar (Not exaggerating).

I've only ever sold one game back, and it was to Funcoland at that. It was Excitebike 64, and it was not because I was bored of the game but it pissed me off so bad that I wanted to sell it because I hated it that much. Even then, I got a decent amount of money back on it.

If you even have the tiniest chance of ever playing a game again, or even mildly enjoy having the game in your library/collection, you shouldn't sell it, ever. I don't understand why people do this. You may as well throw/give them away.

I rarely trade games in, but don't tell other people that they "shouldn't sell" their games "ever". In most cases, they paid for it, it's their property.
---
PSN: liam6678
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use both feet"