Will Sony and Microsoft copy Nintendo again? (Fixed)

#1LinkSSJ6Posted 11/28/2012 5:00:33 AM
Everybody knows Nintendo didn't invent these technologies, but they're the first gaming company to come up with a real working use for them.

So, do you think Sony and Microsoft will copy the way Nintendo uses those techs that already existed before Nintendo used them and copy the way Miiverse is connected to the games you play? Not talking about Miiverse as a whole because it has serious problems, but things like those pop-up comments in NSMB U, etc.
---
Nothing negative will be tolerated.
Let's think positively!!
#2LordBowserPosted 11/28/2012 5:03:28 AM
Obvious troll topic. Don't bump this garbage. I regret having to bump it to post this message.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#3Virus66Posted 11/28/2012 5:06:29 AM
I'm not entirely sure how trollish this is. It's completely true. Nintendo did not invent any of the components that make this console awesome. However they implement them in a way that only Nintendo can do. Given Nintendo's knack for inspiring all sorts of knock offs of their games and tech, I wholly anticipate Sony and Microsoft attempting some sort of way to implement a touch screen or Miiverse style online into their next consoles, especially if the Wii U continues to sell well across the world.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#4game freakozoidPosted 11/28/2012 5:23:42 AM
Virus66 posted...
I'm not entirely sure how trollish this is. It's completely true. Nintendo did not invent any of the components that make this console awesome. However they implement them in a way that only Nintendo can do. Given Nintendo's knack for inspiring all sorts of knock offs of their games and tech, I wholly anticipate Sony and Microsoft attempting some sort of way to implement a touch screen or Miiverse style online into their next consoles, especially if the Wii U continues to sell well across the world.

What do you mean implement them in a way that only Nintendo can do? Their implementations aren't really ever any better than what other companies give. Also, even the tablet idea has been in use by both Sony and Microsoft to some degree well before the WiiU launched. Nintendo was actually the last of the companies to get their touch tablet controller idea out to the market.

Plus, Sony has already had a Miiverse online style for years with Playstation Home. That's something that Nintendo actually copied from Sony.
#5YoyokuKOPosted 11/28/2012 5:24:36 AM
maybe

but expect lots of ads
#6JKSonicPosted 11/28/2012 5:27:37 AM
Just think about this...how "revolutionary" is the Wii U tech really? MS is already half way there just by releasing an app on smartphones and tablets (SmartGlass). It's not much of a step from where they are from giving people a Wii U like experience with tablets that are actually full tablets...probably using tablets we already have and just using some kind of add-on.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#7El_ZaggyPosted 11/28/2012 5:28:07 AM
I dont see why they would copy nintendo because developpers and players have yet to find a real utility to the tablet controller without it being some forced incorporated gimmick.
#8ZimmyPosted 11/28/2012 5:34:03 AM
Xbox is already incorporating tablets with its Smart Glass tech.

It will be even easier for Microsoft and Sony because they won't have to supply the tablet.

Just make it a free app download to the device that you own.
And if you don't own a tablet, use the old school controls.
Any games that don't see a touch screen attached won't use those features.
#9xEnraiyaxPosted 11/28/2012 5:42:05 AM
Sony sort of already started this. They had remote play since the psp lifetime, but it was and still is very limited.
---
---
Don't be hesitant in life,time waits for no one. http://www.youtube.com/user/3nraiya?feature=mhee
#10lninjasoniclPosted 11/28/2012 6:08:40 AM
Most companies borrow ideas and implement them into their devices. If no companies did that, we wouldn't be as technologically advanced as we are now. Everyone builds off each other and progress their field to a higher level.

When in competition , of course you are going to make it a point to say someone is copying you as to bring in more cu$tomer$. but at the end of the day, we should all be lucky that these console makers are still in competition with each other and bringing us more and more value and entertainment to our system(s) of choice.
---
I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. Best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes.