Price Drop Inevitable

#11Baha05Posted 11/28/2012 12:12:49 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
I don't doubt it with how low it's selling.

Also 400,000 in just one region isn't low at all and help me god if you use "The 360 sold 750,000" I will smack you with my ring hand.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#12BufkusPosted 11/28/2012 12:15:29 PM

And you think the $500+ PS4/720 with their $70+ games will sell any better? LOL!

Ouya is going to be the new king of the next generation.

A lot of trolls have forgotten that we're in a global recession and the majority of consumers don't want to spend a ton on video games when they're barely struggling to buy food.
#13GenoPosted 11/28/2012 12:19:19 PM(edited)
I always wait a year for that initial price drop and for them to work all the kinks out of the system. Buying systems at launch is a foolhardy prospect as you're essentially paying Nintendo to beta test their systems.

Bufkus posted...
Ouya is going to be the new king of the next generation.

I had a chuckle there. The only reason mobile gaming in the vein of cellphones is popular is because cellphones have a lot of things that they can do. Essentially, you're paying cellphone prices for something that does everything a cellphone can do.. except dial up people. The only advantage here is that there's no subscription model that I can tell, so I guess in the long run it'll be cheaper, but people only buy mobile games on cellphones because they're convenient and you still have access to a phone.

Nah, Ouya will be a moderate success at best. It'll get a ton of hype before it releases, then the hype will die down and people will realize exactly what I said.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#14PendragoonPosted 11/28/2012 12:16:02 PM
SirPierce posted...
tizzywilkillyou posted...
The absolute earliest we'll see a pricedrop is probably around November 2013. No way they drop it sooner.

Exactly. Price drop for Orbis and Durango launch.

And even then I only expect a rebundle of the current price structure. $300 for a 32gb with Nintebdo land $350 for a 64gb that also includes NSMBU.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#15Archsaze(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 12:17:13 PM
Baha05 posted...

Also 400,000 in just one region isn't low at all and help me god if you use "The 360 sold 750,000" I will smack you with my ring hand.

I know that 400,000 isn't an indication of how the system will be doing overall or even how it'll hold up during the holiday season. I'm just reflecting on how that, for people like me, the only thing stopping me from getting one is the price. Given the economy and other concerns, Wii Us aren't going to be a priority when there's a better deal. Take the amount of Wiis that sold over Black Friday. The large amount sold can probably be attributed to it being the cheapest of all consoles and the library of games.
#16SirPiercePosted 11/28/2012 12:17:23 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
SirPierce posted...
tizzywilkillyou posted...
The absolute earliest we'll see a pricedrop is probably around November 2013. No way they drop it sooner.

Exactly. Price drop for Orbis and Durango launch.

And even then I only expect a rebundle of the current price structure. $300 for a 32gb with Nintebdo land $350 for a 64gb that also includes NSMBU.

This.
---
My NNID is Aerontar.
The Wii U is awesome. Looking forward to adding the Durango and Orbis to my collection in a year or so. All three companies are awesome.
#17BeatItUpRightPosted 11/28/2012 12:17:35 PM
Geno posted...
I always wait a year for that initial price drop and for them to work all the kinks out of the system. Buying systems at launch is a foolhardy prospect as you're essentially paying Nintendo to beta test their systems.

Couldn't agree more, the only launch console I have bought was a Dreamcast, and that will be the only time I will.

At least if the power is there you can get much better ports of games, Wii U doesn't even have that luxury.
---
Intel Pentium Pro @155mhz - 2MB 3dfx Voodoo Graphics - 4x 16MB SIMM ram - 32k Modem - Windows 98
#181shadetail1Posted 11/28/2012 12:19:59 PM
So many people keep proving they know *absolutely nothing* about console launches. Prices do not drop that quickly. The PS3 stayed at $600 forever, just for one thing. Never mind that it was even still competing with the PS2, along with the 360, both of which were significantly less expensive. Consoles have to stay at the launch price until there's a solid install base. And contrary to the lies trolls like to spread, the WiiU is showing serious promise with its first week sales figures.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#19IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/28/2012 12:21:04 PM
Baha05 posted...

Didn't sell out like the 360 nor did it sell as well as the Wii...
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#20jedistormtroopPosted 11/28/2012 12:23:54 PM
Archsaze posted...
In my opinion, one of the greater obstacles to the Wii U's success is the price. Aside from available games, 350$ is a lot to ask when there's still some competition from other consoles that are discounted for the holidays. I predict a price drop similar to the 3DS.

Discuss

considering when the ps3 released its cost was 600 us and 1000 aud the wii u is technically a steal

and wheres the proof its low selling also the ps3 was so low selling one of the ps3 head engineers said it was a waste of time and quite

(please correct me i dont know if it was the head engineer or president)
---
Psn:SneakyDusty1984 Xboxlive: Its Aussie rage