Price Drop Inevitable

#21arvilinoPosted 11/28/2012 12:27:06 PM(edited)
Bufkus posted...

Ouya is going to be the new king of the next generation.

If I remember correctly that thing has/will have nothing going for it except mobile games and gets it's first exclusive in 2015
#22Baha05Posted 11/28/2012 12:26:55 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Didn't sell out like the 360 nor did it sell as well as the Wii...

The Wii when it was first launch launched in the North America region, the Wii U launched just in the US at the point. If you are talking of the 360 launch then yeah it sold more, if you are talking the recent Black Friday deal I'm not gong to take you seriously/
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#23Archsaze(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 12:27:26 PM
jedistormtroop posted...
Archsaze posted...
In my opinion, one of the greater obstacles to the Wii U's success is the price. Aside from available games, 350$ is a lot to ask when there's still some competition from other consoles that are discounted for the holidays. I predict a price drop similar to the 3DS.

Discuss

considering when the ps3 released its cost was 600 us and 1000 aud the wii u is technically a steal

and wheres the proof its low selling also the ps3 was so low selling one of the ps3 head engineers said it was a waste of time and quite

(please correct me i dont know if it was the head engineer or president)

The Wii U might have been a steal when the PS3 was released at 600, but right now you can get a PS3 bundle that is very competitive with the Wii U pricing. As for proof, there are numerous articles posted on this board about the black friday sales. However I do not believe one week (or even just black friday) is a major indication of the console itself. I'm only talking about price.
#24jedistormtroopPosted 11/28/2012 12:30:29 PM
Archsaze posted...
jedistormtroop posted...
Archsaze posted...
In my opinion, one of the greater obstacles to the Wii U's success is the price. Aside from available games, 350$ is a lot to ask when there's still some competition from other consoles that are discounted for the holidays. I predict a price drop similar to the 3DS.

Discuss

considering when the ps3 released its cost was 600 us and 1000 aud the wii u is technically a steal

and wheres the proof its low selling also the ps3 was so low selling one of the ps3 head engineers said it was a waste of time and quite

(please correct me i dont know if it was the head engineer or president)

The Wii U might have been a steal when the PS3 was released at 600, but right now you can get a PS3 bundle that is very competitive with the Wii U pricing. As for proof, there are numerous articles posted on this board about the black friday sales. However I do not believe one week (or even just black friday) is a major indication of the console itself. I'm only talking about price.

absolutely considering the wii u releases here in australia uk and new zealand and all of europe tonight or tonight ish !!

also even with the cheap ps3 bundles your right they will sell but even though not alot of people believe this the wii u has an edge its the gamepad its the miiverse (people love social networks ) its got some good exclusives like zombi u and nsmbu (debatable but to me its a good exclusive) and nintendo land is a step up from wii sports and were only in our first week
---
Psn:SneakyDusty1984 Xboxlive: Its Aussie rage
#25Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 11/28/2012 12:43:13 PM(edited)

Umm what? The wii u is not technically a steal. How can you compare the wii u current price to the PS3 6 years ago and then call the wii u a steal lol
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#26PendragoonPosted 11/28/2012 12:34:56 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
So many people keep proving they know *absolutely nothing* about console launches. Prices do not drop that quickly. The PS3 stayed at $600 forever, just for one thing. Never mind that it was even still competing with the PS2, along with the 360, both of which were significantly less expensive. Consoles have to stay at the launch price until there's a solid install base. And contrary to the lies trolls like to spread, the WiiU is showing serious promise with its first week sales figures.

The PS3 dropped $100 after only 7 months of the US launch, it just wasn't selling at those prices and it didn't take off until it finally hit $399 for the cheap bundle.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#27abbeldydooPosted 11/28/2012 12:36:45 PM
If the Vita can go this long with no price drop im sure the Wii U will not be seeing one for awhile.
---
Don't mod me bro!
NNID-Abbeldydoo
#28Baha05Posted 11/28/2012 12:37:48 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Umm what? The wii u is not technically steal. How can you compare the wii u current price to the PS3 6 years ago and then call the wii u a steal lol

Because if we go back in time and say the Wii U was what the Wii really was, at $350 in 2006 was still a better deal the $600 for a new PS3.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#29squatch22Posted 11/28/2012 12:38:15 PM
abbeldydoo posted...
If the Vita can go this long with no price drop im sure the Wii U will not be seeing one for awhile.

Sony cant exactly afford 1 at the mo..
---
LineTroll posted: Mario Galaxy is just like a Sonic game.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#30Archsaze(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 12:38:19 PM
abbeldydoo posted...

This is also a controversial statement. The Vita has been out for only a few months, and I believe Sony can take a hit in its video game sales given it has other mediums to generate profit (TVs, laptops, etc).