Price Drop Inevitable

#31Baha05Posted 11/28/2012 11:40:40 AM
Archsaze posted...
This is also a controversial statement. The Vita has been out for only a few months, and I believe Sony can take a hit in its video game sales given it has other mediums to generate profit (TVs, laptops, etc).

Actually I'm pretty sure Sony is tanking on all fronts because other companies are creating more affordable electronics the Sony. And hell when you consider this generation with how the PS3 and Vita have done (Along side last gens PSP) it really doesn't look too good for them.
---
"LOL fail, SMG and GTA5 aren't even from the same decade. gj." - War_Fail
#32lubmelubyouPosted 11/28/2012 11:41:12 AM
The Wii Who will be forgotten about in a year.
---
Buy a PC so you can have tomorrow's technology with yesterday's games, today!
#33koolguy5Posted 11/28/2012 11:44:48 AM
I dont want to come off as an a hole but sure as heck im gonna buy a wii u after some sort of price drop
---
Mario rules.Period.FTLulz
#34Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 11/28/2012 11:45:03 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Umm what? The wii u is not technically steal. How can you compare the wii u current price to the PS3 6 years ago and then call the wii u a steal lol

Because if we go back in time and say the Wii U was what the Wii really was, at $350 in 2006 was still a better deal the $600 for a new PS3.

The wii u would not have been $350 in 2006. That is the whole reason why you cannot compare this price to the PS3 price in 2006...
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#35DXiRoNMaNPosted 11/28/2012 11:45:32 AM
200 bucks and I will buy one
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#36MichaelDeAngeloPosted 11/28/2012 12:01:32 PM
Archsaze posted...
Baha05 posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...
I don't doubt it with how low it's selling.

Also 400,000 in just one region isn't low at all and help me god if you use "The 360 sold 750,000" I will smack you with my ring hand.

I know that 400,000 isn't an indication of how the system will be doing overall or even how it'll hold up during the holiday season. I'm just reflecting on how that, for people like me, the only thing stopping me from getting one is the price. Given the economy and other concerns, Wii Us aren't going to be a priority when there's a better deal. Take the amount of Wiis that sold over Black Friday. The large amount sold can probably be attributed to it being the cheapest of all consoles and the library of games.

Your hesitation in buying the Wii U just meant that someone else could buy it instead. The 400k that it sold wasn't low by any means. It sold out across the nation. Sure, there are likely some places where you can still get one, because it's a case by case basis, but you can't order online unless you want to spend more money for one than retail price. You can't really judge this thing until you see the stacks of these systems behind the counter at GS.
---
Alundra is the best top-down Zelda game since Link to the Past.
Darksiders is the best 3D Zelda game since Ocarina of Time.
#37SuperShyGuy9000Posted 11/28/2012 12:13:47 PM
Archsaze posted...
abbeldydoo posted...
If the Vita can go this long with no price drop im sure the Wii U will not be seeing one for awhile.

This is also a controversial statement. The Vita has been out for only a few months, and I believe Sony can take a hit in its video game sales given it has other mediums to generate profit (TVs, laptops, etc).

Except the Vita is approaching 1 year in Japan and Sony is losing on all of their other mediums.

Contrary to what us gamers think. Video games are niche if push came to shove Sony could just cut SCE off to live or die on it's own and keep their Movies and Music division going

Wii U has only been out days and people a screaming flop already. Even though it had the third best launch numbers to date.

Haters ate hate'n
#38kyomagiPosted 11/28/2012 12:17:23 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
I don't doubt it with how low it's selling.

>400k in one week
>Low
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360, 3DS FC - 4339 2637 1918
#39itis41269Posted 11/28/2012 12:46:50 PM
*looks at title of topic*.... isnt it always
---
Now playing: Lalaloopsy : Carnival of Friends
#40Sol_ClydePosted 11/28/2012 12:50:15 PM
They're selling the Wii U at a loss.
It costs this much because of the controller.
Don't expect a price drop until second semester of 2013, when they announce a new Wii U model with more storage space or something else.
---
Want to make the boards a better place?
REPORT bad posts and topics so the moderators can do something about it.