Price Drop Inevitable

#41pronouncemynamePosted 11/28/2012 1:50:52 PM
Baha05 posted...
Archsaze posted...
This is also a controversial statement. The Vita has been out for only a few months, and I believe Sony can take a hit in its video game sales given it has other mediums to generate profit (TVs, laptops, etc).

Actually I'm pretty sure Sony is tanking on all fronts because other companies are creating more affordable electronics the Sony. And hell when you consider this generation with how the PS3 and Vita have done (Along side last gens PSP) it really doesn't look too good for them.

Sony was recently downgraded to "junk" status so yeah, I'm going to say they can't afford a price drop. I wish them well though. Never good losing a competitor.

Anyway, the Wii U will probably see a price drop when the next Xbox/PS comes out. Makes most sense to do it then.
#42OmgitsMarioPosted 11/28/2012 1:52:22 PM
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...
Archsaze posted...
abbeldydoo posted...
If the Vita can go this long with no price drop im sure the Wii U will not be seeing one for awhile.

This is also a controversial statement. The Vita has been out for only a few months, and I believe Sony can take a hit in its video game sales given it has other mediums to generate profit (TVs, laptops, etc).

Except the Vita is approaching 1 year in Japan and Sony is losing on all of their other mediums.

Contrary to what us gamers think. Video games are niche if push came to shove Sony could just cut SCE off to live or die on it's own and keep their Movies and Music division going

Wii U has only been out days and people a screaming flop already. Even though it had the third best launch numbers to date.

Haters ate hate'n

actually 2nd best
---
An intellectual is someone whose mind watches itself.
#43XWolfOPosted 11/28/2012 1:52:55 PM
Everything gets a price drop sooner or later. More people will buy it and it'll be a good thing in the end. You'll see.
---
It's-a me!
#44GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 11/28/2012 2:04:36 PM
The Wii U is definitely a steal at $300.

Though its Nintendo thats doing the stealing, not the consumer =)

Given that devs arent gonna just gonna shill lazy ports of multiplat games to it, theres no reason to get it over say, a PS3 which has disc media playback, a much larger hard drive and is way cheaper. I would suggest a 360 in the same sentence but the 360 is a piece of hardware I will never trust, its built like ****.

Given how creatively bankrupt Nintendos been lately with Mario, I doubt the system will really have a true killer app AAA game until the next zelda, which will probably take 5 or 6 years to come out like skyward sword did (why the **** did that game take so long to come out again? I swear to god Nintendo lies and gives ONE dev team 10 different dept team names and just has them all make ALL the 1st party games to save money on developers, hence why theres such a slow drip of them and why it takes so damn long for them to get them out.)

I can't even see Retros next game being that great, its not even Retro anymore. All the REAL talent that created the metroid prime trilogy, slowly bailed and were all gone a little after DKR released. Now they're all working for other companies, the most talented of them went to that 343 company that made Halo 4 (which has a lot of Metroid Prime aesthetics in it if you pay attention)

Nintendo has a habit of ****ting on 3rd parties, and ****ting on its OWN 1st party if they arent japanese living in japan under them. Its slowly but surely screwed them, the Wii has very sparse quality software and 3rd parties tend to not want to be bothered with Nintendos consoles since as more than one developer has been quoted saying "Nintendo are the only ones that ever really make any real money on the platform" (aka nothing sells well besides NIntendo 1st party so its not worth the investment)

I'm just waiting at this point for Nintendo to **** all over Monolith like they did with Retro and then all the good talent at monolith will leave for other companies and another good developer will of been ruined under Nintendos crappy internal regime

I don't really see bright skies for the Wii U. Nintendo might make money off it, but consumers are just gonna get the shaft again for supporting them and buying the console. Just like the Wii, the greatest paperweight of the last 6 years
---
"Dragon Age 2 was a train wreck the entire game, ME3 was like screaming rollercoaster that ran out of track and everyone died." -nIMr0D888
#45hyjinx17Posted 11/28/2012 2:05:24 PM
$350 a lot for a console? lol kids these days
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#46Kromlech06Posted 11/28/2012 2:08:02 PM
It'll probably drop at e3 2013, just the way things tend to work.

Wait why am I responding seriously to this topic?

/iggy
#47MANTI5Posted 11/28/2012 2:08:48 PM
There will be no price drop anytime soon, it's new and selling great for having so little advertising. Holiday sales will be huge as many had a chance to experience it over the thanksgiving vacation for the first time.
#48DXiRoNMaNPosted 11/28/2012 2:13:04 PM
SNES was $200 when it came out, adjusted for inflamation that would be like $45,000 today
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#49RE4_FanPosted 11/28/2012 2:20:10 PM
Well, I'm happy with the price its costing me less than the Wii I bought at launch =)
#50Sol_ClydePosted 11/28/2012 2:21:37 PM
RE4_Fan posted...
Well, I'm happy with the price its costing me less than the Wii I bought at launch =)

Seriously? o_O

But the Wii was 250 dollars wasn't it?
---
Want to make the boards a better place?
REPORT bad posts and topics so the moderators can do something about it.