Price Drop Inevitable

#61darkqueenhelbaPosted 11/28/2012 2:14:12 PM
All depends on how well it does until the next fiscal year. Sales are moderate/strong, it'll remain at it's price. If they drop drastically, it'll receive a price drop. No way of telling how things will go right now.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#62SuperShyGuy9000Posted 11/28/2012 2:15:41 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
The Wii U sold 400k and did not sell out, so...

Still better than the 360's and PS3's launch and look how well off they are now

http://www.ibtimes.com/nintendos-wii-u-first-week-sales-outperform-ps3-xbox-360-sales-901134
#63blazeUP12Posted 11/28/2012 2:21:35 PM
Nobody really knows the trajectory of sales yet. We only have 1 week to go by. So until the holiday shopping season is over, it's up in the air.
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
#64IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/28/2012 2:25:07 PM
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...

http://www.ibtimes.com/nintendos-wii-u-first-week-sales-outperform-ps3-xbox-360-sales-901134

The 360 was sold out for months, so...
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#65Rasen543Posted 11/28/2012 2:28:54 PM
As a student going through college, I can say that with my limited budget I simply don't have the drive to save up for a console with like maybe 1 or 2 games I want ATM. I'd love a price drop.
---
EARTHBOUND FANS, GO HERE :D
Luminehall.net
#66S_FoxPosted 11/28/2012 2:31:59 PM
I don't care but if it does I want some ambassador tittles
---
Nothing to see here
#67DynheartPosted 11/28/2012 2:34:33 PM
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...

The 360 was sold out for months, so...

For the same reasons why the Wii was sold old for the first few months: lack of product.

Not because it was selling 4 million a month like people here are making it sound. Of course systems will sell out if there's limited supply.

I hardly expect you to except this fact, though, as you are usually hell bent on wanting to attack Nintendo and labeling every single person as a fan boy who doesn't agree with you.

Want an example of a console that sold horrible at launch? PS3. Looks like it recovered quite well, though.
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#68GigaVoltsPosted 11/28/2012 2:36:41 PM

In most places it did.

And do you know ho many people are on GS wait list?

And not to mention people who are not on the wait list and wanted a Wii U.

I'd say if everyone on the wait list got one and everyone with the money and desire to purchase one got one, it would be at least 750K.
---
The NEW GigaVolts Seal of Approval.
http://i.imgur.com/KH8u3.png
#69DynheartPosted 11/28/2012 2:44:58 PM
GigaVolts posted...

In most places it did.

And do you know ho many people are on GS wait list?

And not to mention people who are not on the wait list and wanted a Wii U.

I'd say if everyone on the wait list got one and everyone with the money and desire to purchase one got one, it would be at least 750K.

People are nuts.

Times are different. Money is hard to come buy. Unemployment is at a all time high. People are not going to just blindly buy stuff anymore; especially consoles!

From the sounds of it, Nintendo sold about 85% of it's shipped inventory. That last 15% is just there because people could be waiting on paychecks, or just waiting on impressions. You see a lot of of these type threads on here (let along of the other 1000s gaming sites out there).

So they manage to sell the last 80,000-100,000k. Big whoop. Then what? Back to the graphics debate? Some of you people seem like you don't have much to do other than pick apart a piece of plastic.
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#70BikeaLossPosted 11/28/2012 2:48:24 PM
Archsaze posted...
In my opinion, one of the greater obstacles to the Wii U's success is the price. Aside from available games, 350$ is a lot to ask when there's still some competition from other consoles that are discounted for the holidays. I predict a price drop similar to the 3DS.

Discuss

3DS was a good lesson for N and $350 IS THE LOWER PRICE already.
If it's too much for you, earn some extra monies or just don't buy it.