Price Drop Inevitable

#81NightDrifter05Posted 11/28/2012 6:05:17 PM
Anema1986 posted...
lets ignore the fact that there is a shorage of wii u in the stores, and the fact it sold 400,000 units on his first week
yes a price drop is inevitable ()

Are you crazy? Their is no shortage. Every Gamestop in my region has at least 3 in stock, last time I checked Wal Mart had them in stock, you can get them off ANY online retailer, so no their is no shortage. I'm not saying the Wii U launch was a failure because it wasn't, it sold more then what Nintendo was anticipating but it's far from sold out. I didn't even pre-order one and was able to walk into the store 2 day's later and buy one right off the shelf but I know with the original Wii I had to wait almost a month and I was lucky to get one thanks to a waiting list.
#82SuperShyGuy9000Posted 11/28/2012 6:22:05 PM
NightDrifter05 posted...
Anema1986 posted...
lets ignore the fact that there is a shorage of wii u in the stores, and the fact it sold 400,000 units on his first week
yes a price drop is inevitable ()

Are you crazy? Their is no shortage. Every Gamestop in my region has at least 3 in stock, last time I checked Wal Mart had them in stock, you can get them off ANY online retailer, so no their is no shortage. I'm not saying the Wii U launch was a failure because it wasn't, it sold more then what Nintendo was anticipating but it's far from sold out. I didn't even pre-order one and was able to walk into the store 2 day's later and buy one right off the shelf but I know with the original Wii I had to wait almost a month and I was lucky to get one thanks to a waiting list.

Any online retailer and not sold out?

Best Buy
http://i45.tinypic.com/35cgzrl.png

GameStop
http://i47.tinypic.com/2pqjck6.png

Walmart and Target only has white models in store only.
#83silenthill4vidPosted 11/28/2012 7:39:51 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
I don't doubt it with how low it's selling.

---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.
#84Lelouch71Posted 11/28/2012 8:12:21 PM
So basically ITT $300 is expensive? Geez there is a lot of cheap bastards in the world if they can't afford that. Get a good paying part-time job you can buy it after one paycheck. I can understand people wanting it to drop if it was $400-600, but $300? That's how much the PS2 cost originally and we all how well that thing sold.

Instead of worrying about Nintendo's price TC. You should be hoping that MS and Sony won't be dumb enough to release a system that cost no more than $450 at most.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#85bigybriPosted 11/29/2012 8:38:26 PM
I remember PS2 costing $300 for 2 years. Everyone paid that much well after the system was release b/c of "GTA3". It was the killer app.

What's the Wii-U's killer app?
I'd agree $300 is not too much for new hardware. Although inflation has gone up, some costs have gone down, like Blu-Ray drive and rechargeable batteries and cheap labor overseas, sad but true.
---
The Infinite Improbability Drive is our New Hope