Just checked local Fred Meyer for Wii U stock

#41Reflex-ArcPosted 11/28/2012 4:52:57 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...
ssbmrocks posted...
Ugh, why would you grocery shop at Fred Meyers? Their prices are ridiculous.

You know what else is ridiculously over priced at Freddie's?

Socks.

I have no idea why.

Really? Our stores always have good prices on socks and they are almost always buy 2 get 1 free.

Don't get me wrong, their buy 2 get one coupons are great! It's when you catch them between sales that they seem to jack up the price.

Probably gouging me for all the cheap socks they sold you. *mad*
#42kyomagiPosted 11/28/2012 4:53:12 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted..

Sorry, 360 was literally sold out for months. PS3 did have a bad launch though.

the 360 was not sold out, i was able to walk in to a bestbuy and buy one day off and my brother a week later. two weeks later i saw 10 consoles at walmart sitting on a shelf in my town. So they were available everywhere else too
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360, 3DS FC - 4339 2637 1918
#43Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 4:55:39 PM
kyomagi posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted..

the 360 was not sold out, i was able to walk in to a bestbuy and buy one day off and my brother a week later. two weeks later i saw 10 consoles at walmart sitting on a shelf in my town. So they were available everywhere else too

Lol, no. They were literally sold out for months, and it cost them a ton of potential revenue. You must not remember the 360's going for thousands on eBay, hell even the boxes were being sold for a lot of money.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#44MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 11/28/2012 4:55:56 PM
kyomagi posted...
FullMetalPanic posted...
FullMetalPanic posted...
So you went to Fred Meyer just to check if they had any Wii U's in stock, even tho you had no intention of buying the console? Bravo~

Nah, getting some groceries and checked their electronics section for any sales and noticed the four Wii U's. asked the guy and he said its the same four that have been in stock since launch day...

So you went to the electronics section to check if anything was on sale, never had any intentions nor interest on purchasing the Wii U as you hate it so much, but just happen to see 4 Wii U's in stock and yet asked the guy about it? Ok.

I was curious, since people on this board seem to think it's sold out... :)

using your logic, when the xbox and ps3 came out, i was able to walk in release day and a week later to grab one of each, so in reality, there was no shortage and they were just selling horrid for the first bit

There was no way you could of walked into ANY store on launch day or a week later and got one, PERIOD.
---
Currently playing: Herzog Zwei
#45HungoverHero777Posted 11/28/2012 4:57:28 PM
MR_Smarty_Pants posted...

There was no way you could of walked into ANY store on launch day or a week later and got one, PERIOD.

Uh oh, somebody's angwy.
---
The Great Mighty Poo sings better than JB. Agree:7 Disagree:0 PM me for your choice.
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board. IlThe AR-C Expert II
#46Golden MavenPosted 11/28/2012 4:57:46 PM
crowkillers posted...
I just got back from BestBuy and they had 4 White Wii U systems... No Black ones though..

Liar!
#47nilesthebravePosted 11/28/2012 4:58:01 PM
To be fair...if it's the Anchorage Fred Meyer, that was one of the best stores of that type I'd ever been too, they had ****ing everything always in stock.

I was going to make a crack about him being in Alaska and that's why, but after reading that's where he is it makes a lot more sense.
---
Anti-boner is a dangerous material. I isolated pure anti-boner and that is the reason why Germany has negative population growth.-Benamingaska
#48Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 4:59:53 PM
nilesthebrave posted...
To be fair...if it's the Anchorage Fred Meyer, that was one of the best stores of that type I'd ever been too, they had ****ing everything always in stock.

I was going to make a crack about him being in Alaska and that's why, but after reading that's where he is it makes a lot more sense.

Eagle River, which is an insanely popular Fred Meyer. I bet that store pulls in the majority of their revenue for the Alaska stores. The Walmart there is so desolate and unused lol
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#49GigaVoltsPosted 11/28/2012 4:59:59 PM
kyomagi posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted..

Lol, no. They were literally sold out for months, and it cost them a ton of potential revenue. You must not remember the 360's going for thousands on eBay, hell even the boxes were being sold for a lot of money.

Double standards and trolling spotted
---
The NEW GigaVolts Seal of Approval.
http://i.imgur.com/KH8u3.png
#50apocalyptic_4Posted 11/28/2012 5:00:17 PM
lol no one remembers when a sony rep @ E3 said hed give a 1000 dollars to anyone who spotted a ps3 on shelves during launch.

i worked at walmart and we all would of been rich lol. cmon only the wii was that popular.

the 360 had problems to with melting discs which scared of buyers. are there any adults here who actually remember system launches.
---
PSN: Adrian396
XBL: Prime Legacy Nintendo ID: Apocalypse