Just checked local Fred Meyer for Wii U stock

#61Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 4:42:34 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
apocalyptic_4 posted...
lol no one remembers when a sony rep @ E3 said hed give a 1000 dollars to anyone who spotted a ps3 on shelves during launch.

i worked at walmart and we all would of been rich lol. cmon only the wii was that popular.

the 360 had problems to with melting discs which scared of buyers. are there any adults here who actually remember system launches.

Obviously you don't remember the 360 launch, lol

worked a shift a week after launch i remember the stigma left by angry customers. get outta here kid. the hype cooled down aftera couple weeks.

You're sadly mistaken, the console was literally sold out for months lol.
#62KirbyIsAwesomePosted 11/28/2012 4:43:47 PM
apocalyptic_4 posted...
lol no one remembers when a sony rep @ E3 said hed give a 1000 dollars to anyone who spotted a ps3 on shelves during launch.

i worked at walmart and we all would of been rich lol. cmon only the wii was that popular.

the 360 had problems to with melting discs which scared of buyers. are there any adults here who actually remember system launches.

worked a shift a week after launch i remember the stigma left by angry customers. get outta here kid. the hype cooled down aftera couple weeks.

Literally sold out yet I saw them at Costco first week? I call BS on this one.
---
DemonDog: "I'm not a fanboy"
"I insult Nintendo for making crappy consoles and whoring out mario, and praise sony systems and games"
#63GigaVoltsPosted 11/28/2012 4:46:21 PM
GigaVolts posted...
kyomagi posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted..

Sorry, 360 was literally sold out for months. PS3 did have a bad launch though.

the 360 was not sold out, i was able to walk in to a bestbuy and buy one day off and my brother a week later. two weeks later i saw 10 consoles at walmart sitting on a shelf in my town. So they were available everywhere else too

Lol, no. They were literally sold out for months, and it cost them a ton of potential revenue. You must not remember the 360's going for thousands on eBay, hell even the boxes were being sold for a lot of money.

Double standards and trolling spotted

Dunwich. You keep saying just that just because it was sold out in his area it doesn't mean it wasn't sold out.

Look at your double standards and trolling
---
The NEW GigaVolts Seal of Approval.
http://i.imgur.com/KH8u3.png
#64Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 4:49:21 PM
apocalyptic_4 posted...

Literally sold out yet I saw them at Costco first week? I call BS on this one.

Literally sold out, sorry. :/
#65HungoverHero777Posted 11/28/2012 4:51:12 PM

Literally sold out, sorry. :/

Yeah, Kirby, Icecream doesn't need proof, but you do.
---
The Great Mighty Poo sings better than JB. Agree:7 Disagree:0 PM me for your choice.
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board. IlThe AR-C Expert II
#66KirbyIsAwesomePosted 11/28/2012 4:51:37 PM
But how can you say that? How can you say it was literally sold out entirely for months when that's not true? Why are you right and we're lying? I don't get it.
---
"I insult Nintendo for making crappy consoles and whoring out mario, and praise sony systems and games"
#67Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 5:02:54 PM
But how can you say that? How can you say it was literally sold out entirely for months when that's not true? Why are you right and we're lying? I don't get it.

Because it's the truth...? The 360 was literally sold out for months.
#68HungoverHero777Posted 11/28/2012 5:06:26 PM

I don't know about "for months", but yeah it sold out at launch everywhere except Japan.
---
The Great Mighty Poo sings better than JB. Agree:7 Disagree:0 PM me for your choice.
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board. IlThe AR-C Expert II
#69KirbyIsAwesomePosted 11/28/2012 5:09:40 PM

How do you know it's the truth? Because your location was sold out? I just want to know where you're getting this from... My local Costco had systems, but I'm wrong because you say so? K...
---
#70kyomagiPosted 11/28/2012 5:15:00 PM
kyomagi posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted..

Sorry, 360 was literally sold out for months. PS3 did have a bad launch though.

the 360 was not sold out, i was able to walk in to a bestbuy and buy one day off and my brother a week later. two weeks later i saw 10 consoles at walmart sitting on a shelf in my town. So they were available everywhere else too

Lol, no. They were literally sold out for months, and it cost them a ton of potential revenue. You must not remember the 360's going for thousands on eBay, hell even the boxes were being sold for a lot of money.

wrong again, there were a few consoles at select stores in my area that you could walk in and just pick one up.

So obviously they were not sold out as you claim, because you know, my area not being in stock = there were thousands everywhere of the 360 during its launch.
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360, 3DS FC - 4339 2637 1918