My main criticism of ZombiU...

#1horror_spookyPosted 11/29/2012 1:00:05 AM
is that I'm definitely just fearful for my stuff, not for the characters.

Otherwise, awesome survival horror game and one of the best in nearly a decade
---
Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the questions.
www.cheatmasters.com
#2MmaguyPosted 11/29/2012 1:23:08 AM
I wouldn't go as far to say that it's the best Survival Horror in nearly a decade, but it's good.

The game expects you to fight dozens of zombies sometimes, even early in the game they throw like 20 zombies at you while you're at the safe house, that's nuts when all you have is a pistol and a bat, and you have to kill them all otherwise you can't continue on. This is the most glaring flaw, IMO, as the combat is too slow and clunky for this kind of thing to be fun.

That's really my only main complaint in the whole game, that they FORCE you to fight mobs of enemies to waste your ammo and resources, and because they designed the combat for a slow and methodical approach, it just feels bad and annoying during these sequences and it makes me want to shut the game off sometimes 'cause of how stupid these parts of the game are.

Overall the game is good, I'd say it was worth the $60 purchase, but there are moments, more of them than I'd like, where I feel more frustrated and annoyed than the feeling of having fun and it sucks to lose a character when it's not even your fault, you were careful, it's the controls that get in your way.
#3FoofyheadPosted 11/29/2012 2:39:43 AM
My only complaint is that it isn't spooky enough, and that there is too little horror.
---
Slow drivers should have their own roads to use, special roads for special drivers. Or, there should be a lane for these special people. Maybe the right lane.
#4Lemmywinks13Posted 11/29/2012 5:43:30 AM
Foofyhead posted...
My only complaint is that it isn't spooky enough, and that there is too little horror.

Not sure how much more scary this game can get. My heart pounds like crazy playing this game.
#5FoofyheadPosted 11/29/2012 12:14:01 PM
It's one of those I see what you did there things.
---
Slow drivers should have their own roads to use, special roads for special drivers. Or, there should be a lane for these special people. Maybe the right lane.
#6BufkusPosted 11/29/2012 12:34:59 PM
I enjoy the roguelike aspect of that.

I don't really have any complaints with the game. I do however think it might have been better received if it had more of a story besides completing pretty basic objectives.

After playing the walking dead game (which was basically an interactive story), and being blown away by just how good it was, I really have to say that what ZombiU is missing is that human element you get from a game that has a good story.
#7AndehPandyPosted 11/29/2012 12:48:25 PM
Mmaguy posted...
I wouldn't go as far to say that it's the best Survival Horror in nearly a decade, but it's good.

The game expects you to fight dozens of zombies sometimes, even early in the game they throw like 20 zombies at you while you're at the safe house, that's nuts when all you have is a pistol and a bat, and you have to kill them all otherwise you can't continue on. This is the most glaring flaw, IMO, as the combat is too slow and clunky for this kind of thing to be fun.

That's really my only main complaint in the whole game, that they FORCE you to fight mobs of enemies to waste your ammo and resources, and because they designed the combat for a slow and methodical approach, it just feels bad and annoying during these sequences and it makes me want to shut the game off sometimes 'cause of how stupid these parts of the game are.

Overall the game is good, I'd say it was worth the $60 purchase, but there are moments, more of them than I'd like, where I feel more frustrated and annoyed than the feeling of having fun and it sucks to lose a character when it's not even your fault, you were careful, it's the controls that get in your way.

Absolutely true. I completely agree with this.
---
NNID: InstantPuddin
#8Sol_ClydePosted 11/29/2012 12:49:37 PM
Foofyhead posted...

Of course it isn't. You probably played a dozen zombie games before that.

No one is scared of zombie settings anymore.
---
Want to make the boards a better place?
REPORT bad posts and topics so the moderators can do something about it.
#9horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 3:43:04 PM
HE'S PLAYING ON MY NAME YOU FOOLS
---
Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the questions.
www.cheatmasters.com
#10pikachupwnagePosted 11/29/2012 4:52:26 PM
Foofyhead posted...

http://www.vh1.com/celebrity/bwe/images/2010/11/GOOGLY-EYES-01.jpg

Eye see what you did there.
---
"Grab life by the horns and shake it till it moos "
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF