How does NSMBU compare to the other 2D Marios?

#1ColbyRasmusPosted 11/29/2012 2:39:39 AM
I'm asking here because I think the NSMBU board will be biased. Anyway, I only bought NSMBU because it was $15, but it's been my most-played game. This is the first Mario game I've played for more than five minutes (I was a Sega/Sonic fanboy as a kid [Sega does what Nintendon't, etc]), and it's phenomenal. I was wondering how this game compares to the DS, 3DS, and Wii counterparts, as well as against the NES/SNES games. I feel like I've been missing out!
---
"oh good that's a high pitch I'll just take it for a ba-WHAAAAAA??!?!!" - STLCards1991 on a typical Wainwright curve
#2kamikaze135Posted 11/29/2012 4:47:55 AM
My all time favorite Mario game is Super Mario World. I would rank NSMBU right under that. It's a fun game, not piss easy like the other NSMB games, and has a Challenge mode for you to sink your teeth into once you finish all of the levels. The level designs are pretty cool and you can tell they tried to take things one step further in comparison to the previous NSMB games.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#3Garfield055Posted 11/29/2012 4:50:00 AM
Reminiscent of Super Mario World.
#4Wario_manPosted 11/29/2012 4:54:28 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5nonexistingheroPosted 11/29/2012 4:55:13 AM
General consensus seems to be that it's the best game in the 'New' SMB games. I suggest at least playing through SMB3 and SMWorld though, you'll probably enjoy them. Do SMW2: Yoshi's Island as well, it's pretty different.

And also play through all of the main 3D games if you haven't yet (SM64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1 and 2).
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.