"Devs just need more time to make use of the Wii U's hardware"

#41wartpigXPosted 11/29/2012 10:50:22 AM
Sami1000 posted...
It does sound like an excuse. Vita had launch games which mopped the floor (graphics wise) with every single portable game released so far. Wii had gamecube hardware and wii u so far haven't shown any expected improvement over its ancient hardware. psp was released 2004 and vita improvement it more than it was expected.

Well wii u did improve power wise from wii but it doesn't seem like futureproof console which could compete with ps4 and 720. Its just that wii u doesn't seem as improvement to many people and looks like its rather catching up to 7 year old hardware.

Just my opinion.

not an opinion.

fact: nintendo is behind tech wise. they always have since playstation hit the scene.

i also hate all three companies. the game industry is heading for a huge crash. assumeing people open their eyes. but sheeple will always be sheeple
---
PSN- WartPigX
Karma is just fun money
#42Gamer0561Posted 11/29/2012 10:55:20 AM
wartpigX posted...

not an opinion.

fact: nintendo is behind tech wise. they always have since playstation hit the scene.

i also hate all three companies. the game industry is heading for a huge crash. assumeing people open their eyes. but sheeple will always be sheeple

Oh, the PS2 is stronger than GC? I see...
---
Nice_Kirbyfan9 admits he's a troll:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/64727452/725247590
#43Lelouch71Posted 11/29/2012 10:56:17 AM
wartpigX posted...

not an opinion.

Um...

N64>PS1
Gamecube>PS2

The Wii and most certainly the Wii U are the only time Nintendo are weaker than Sony console wise.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#44KensyuPosted 11/29/2012 11:15:38 AM(edited)
kissdadookie posted...
Kensyu posted...
Looks at Wii-U architecture Looks at I3 -I7 sandybridge architecture. Nothing new here. Games have already been optimize for such an architecture way before Ivy Bridge came out. Next excuse please.

BTW Directx 11 is a microsoft proprietary driver so useless argument there -_-.

DirectX 11 is not a useless argument. It's just MS packaging of graphical features but there is the OpenGL equivalent. DX is just what gets thrown around due to it being the standard on gaming PCs.

The Wii U architecture is also not modeled after the i3-i7 nor is it or will it EVER be similar in architecture. System architecture is mainly dictated by CPU type. Power PC is an ENTIRELY different animal than x86. Why are you even commenting since it's so obvious that you have NO CLUE what you are talking about? If anything, the Wii U CPU is familiar due to it being a variant of the 360 CPU. Problem is, the Wii U CPU is optimized for general purpose rather than gaming, and specifically, it's missing a SIMD instructions set along with lacking a vector-math unit. This hurts gaming since those are two very important things that facilitates physics, particle effects (specifically the random paths they take), and skeletal animations (as in, the math required to calculate the dynamic and quite random movement of skeletal forms).

Go back to wherever you came from and never come back spewing nonsense tech information ever again, seriously. People like you who has NO CLUE about technology yet insist on coming on here spewing technical nonsense annoys me to no end.

Good points. Architecture though is not just dictated by the CPU. I.e. graphics architecture was originally separated from the CPU.

CPU architectures are the way they handle the flow of information. How the bus works and the like. No CPU is optimized for a single purpose try programming embedded systems before you actually say an architecture is meant for a certain function (firmware routines and handling).

I may not know the direct architecture schematic but the basic principle of the combined CPU and GPU chip is the same. And can be handled with similar coding routines regardless of the actual architecture this is the basis of code interoperability. Granted optimization can be a factor to get ever once of power for the hardware but in most cases it should not be a factor due to actual capability of the system.

Another thing is the original power PC are vastly different from the x86 architecture is true. But not so much to the new Multi-core processors (note I did say I3-I7 not anything below Pentium Duo) iterations which also use multi-threading/multi-tenancy.

---
Life exist before death,
Death exist within life.
#45kyomagiPosted 11/29/2012 11:02:06 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
there's more wiiU games than vita games already I think.

/FACEPALM

Heres a list of PS Vita games

Army Corps of Hell
Asphalt Injection
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
Dungeon Hunger: Alliance
Dynasty Warriors Next
Escape Plan
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
FIFA Soccer
F1 2011
Hustle Kings
Little Deviants
Sunflowers
Table Top Tanks
New Little Kingís Story
Lumines Electronic Symphony
Michael Jackson: The Experience
ModNation Racers: Road Trip
Rayman Origins
Shinobido 2: Tales of the Ninja
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition
WipEout 2048
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
When Vikings Attack!
Ben 10: Galactic Racing
Plants vs Zombies
Super Stardust Delta
Touch My Katamari
MotorStorm RC
MLB 12: The Show
Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7
Unit 13
Ridge Racer
Reality Fighters
Sumioni: Demon Arts
Supremacy MMA: Unrestricted
Treasures of Montezuma: Blitz
The Pinball Arcade
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
Mortal Kombat
Resistance: Burning Skies
Pure Chess
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Gravity Rush
Soul Sacrifice
Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
Sound Shapes
Madden NFL 13
FIFA 13
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Persona 4: The Golden
Lego The Lord of the Rings: The Video Game
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Assassinís Creed III: Liberation
Zen Pinball 2
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified
Street Fighter X Tekken
Retro City Rampage
Zero Escape: Virtueís Last Reward
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Kickbeat
Sine Mora
Urban Trials
Jet Set Radio HD
Hatsune Miku
Guacamelee
LittleBigPlanet Vita
Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock
Dragonís Crown
Final Fantasy X HD
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Smart As
Oddworld: Strangerís Wrath HD
Oddworld: Munchís Oddysee HD
Ragnarock Odyssey
Spy Hunter
StarDrone Extreme
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz
Zone of the Enders

heres a list of ps vita games that are not ports or rehashes
Army Corps of Hell
Dynasty Warriors Next
Escape Plan
FIFA Soccer
Sunflowers
Table Top Tanks
New Little Kingís Story
Lumines Electronic Symphony
Shinobido 2: Tales of the Ninja
When Vikings Attack!
Reality Fighters
Treasures of Montezuma: Blitz
Resistance: Burning Skies
Pure Chess
Gravity Rush
Soul Sacrifice
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Kickbeat
Sine Mora
Urban Trials
Jet Set Radio HD
Hatsune Miku
Guacamelee
LittleBigPlanet Vita
Ragnarock Odyssey
Zone of the Enders

now here is a list of non ports / rehashes that are good
Gravity Rush

ya, no games
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360, 3DS FC - 4339 2637 1918
#46squatch22Posted 11/29/2012 11:04:34 AM
kyomagi posted...
heres a list of ps vita games that are not ports or rehashes
FIFA Soccer
Jet Set Radio HD
Zone of the Enders

Ok...
---
LineTroll posted: Mario Galaxy is just like a Sonic game.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#47OtakuGameraPosted 11/29/2012 11:06:06 AM
@kyomagi: thanks for the list
---
PSVita no games?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
#48overkillwfo1978Posted 11/29/2012 11:35:25 AM
RJtheRedRanger posted...
The quote in my topic title was referring to the argument people use when the Wii U's graphics are being lol'd at. People say the devs just need more time.

More time for what, and how much?

How many systems do you know of that showed 100% of their potential at launch? Anyone who didn't get into gaming yesterday knows that it takes devs at least the first year to learn a new systems architecture and how to program properly for it. Don't use your lack of knowledge and ignorance as an argument to talk bad about the system.

I suggest you use your time to learn about gaming, it would make you look less of an idiot when making threads.
---
"Everything is bad about the console. It can't play Rugged Stubble Hero 4: Revenge of the guns" -MotiJR on the Wii U
#49Virus66Posted 11/29/2012 11:41:25 AM
I think I've only seen like... 2 or 3 reasonable posts so far. Everyone else is just f****** stupid. Ooooo boy
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#50RJtheRedRanger(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 11:45:20 AM
RJtheRedRanger posted...
The quote in my topic title was referring to the argument people use when the Wii U's graphics are being lol'd at. People say the devs just need more time.

More time for what, and how much?

How many systems do you know of that showed 100% of their potential at launch? Anyone who didn't get into gaming yesterday knows that it takes devs at least the first year to learn a new systems architecture and how to program properly for it. Don't use your lack of knowledge and ignorance as an argument to talk bad about the system.

I suggest you use your time to learn about gaming, it would make you look less of an idiot when making threads.

Why is everyone so angry hostile lol? I'm not even arguing anything, I'm asking a question.
---
http://i.imgur.com/YR45k.gif http://i.imgur.com/Btb9k.gif http://i.imgur.com/Fi885.gif http://i.imgur.com/fvHn9.gif http://i.imgur.com/x01Ry.jpg