"Devs just need more time to make use of the Wii U's hardware"

#51overkillwfo1978Posted 11/29/2012 12:54:41 PM(edited)
RJtheRedRanger posted...
RJtheRedRanger posted...
The quote in my topic title was referring to the argument people use when the Wii U's graphics are being lol'd at. People say the devs just need more time.

More time for what, and how much?

How many systems do you know of that showed 100% of their potential at launch? Anyone who didn't get into gaming yesterday knows that it takes devs at least the first year to learn a new systems architecture and how to program properly for it. Don't use your lack of knowledge and ignorance as an argument to talk bad about the system.

I suggest you use your time to learn about gaming, it would make you look less of an idiot when making threads.

Why is everyone so angry hostile lol? I'm not even arguing anything, I'm asking a question.

Because of troll posts like your original, tc...

"What the f*** does this even mean? Is this really an excuse?"

It's not an "excuse", it is purely your lack of gaming knowledge. Plain and simple. Not one system in the last 20 years has shown it's full potential at launch. Yet you ask "what the **** does this even mean?" Well, Im explaining to you what it means.
---
"Everything is bad about the console. It can't play Rugged Stubble Hero 4: Revenge of the guns" -MotiJR on the Wii U
#52stromvancouverPosted 11/29/2012 1:15:26 PM
kyomagi posted...
OtakuGamera posted...
there's more wiiU games than vita games already I think.

/FACEPALM

Heres a list of PS Vita games

Army Corps of Hell
Asphalt Injection
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
Dungeon Hunger: Alliance
Dynasty Warriors Next
Escape Plan
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
FIFA Soccer
F1 2011
Hustle Kings
Little Deviants
Sunflowers
Table Top Tanks
New Little Kingís Story
Lumines Electronic Symphony
Michael Jackson: The Experience
ModNation Racers: Road Trip
Rayman Origins
Shinobido 2: Tales of the Ninja
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition
WipEout 2048
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
When Vikings Attack!
Ben 10: Galactic Racing
Plants vs Zombies
Super Stardust Delta
Touch My Katamari
MotorStorm RC
MLB 12: The Show
Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7
Unit 13
Ridge Racer
Reality Fighters
Sumioni: Demon Arts
Supremacy MMA: Unrestricted
Treasures of Montezuma: Blitz
The Pinball Arcade
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
Mortal Kombat
Resistance: Burning Skies
Pure Chess
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Gravity Rush
Soul Sacrifice
Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
Sound Shapes
Madden NFL 13
FIFA 13
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Persona 4: The Golden
Lego The Lord of the Rings: The Video Game
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Assassinís Creed III: Liberation
Zen Pinball 2
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified
Street Fighter X Tekken
Retro City Rampage
Zero Escape: Virtueís Last Reward
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Kickbeat
Sine Mora
Urban Trials
Jet Set Radio HD
Hatsune Miku
Guacamelee
LittleBigPlanet Vita
Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock
Dragonís Crown
Final Fantasy X HD
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Smart As
Oddworld: Strangerís Wrath HD
Oddworld: Munchís Oddysee HD
Ragnarock Odyssey
Spy Hunter
StarDrone Extreme
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz
Zone of the Enders

heres a list of ps vita games that are not ports or rehashes
Army Corps of Hell
Dynasty Warriors Next
Escape Plan
FIFA Soccer
Sunflowers
Table Top Tanks
New Little Kingís Story
Lumines Electronic Symphony
Shinobido 2: Tales of the Ninja
When Vikings Attack!
Reality Fighters
Treasures of Montezuma: Blitz
Resistance: Burning Skies
Pure Chess
Gravity Rush
Soul Sacrifice
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Kickbeat
Sine Mora
Urban Trials
Jet Set Radio HD
Hatsune Miku
Guacamelee
LittleBigPlanet Vita
Ragnarock Odyssey
Zone of the Enders

now here is a list of non ports / rehashes that are good
Gravity Rush

ya, no games

You would be more credible, if you removed the games that are listed twice and the games that have a TBA release date.
---
3DS FC: 4081-5497-5635
#53stromvancouverPosted 11/29/2012 1:15:59 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#54oxnerdPosted 11/29/2012 1:16:49 PM
Woah I looked at the PS3 launch titles... no wonder I bought the console months later, I don't even remember its launch.
#55ElectricMolePosted 11/29/2012 1:18:27 PM
Time=money
---
http://youtu.be/NB9ea_xWexM
Let's Get to the Top!
#56petran78Posted 11/29/2012 1:39:48 PM
Shift Breaker posted...
The games made haven't been made optimal for the console. Compare graphics among launch game on the PS3/360 and games nowadays. The developers really brought out the best in the console and are really pushing it out now they've got the knack of the consoles. The Wii U is much the same. It may have around the same power as the other consoles released, but it's not the same. The developers need to get used to the console, as it were. There's a reason why most/all(?) the ports aren't of the same quality as the PS3/360 versions.

it also has to do with the fact that there are better hardware revisions of the consoles every launch. An Xbox made in 2011 would be better and more efficient than one made in 2006

the newer PS3 models got also more RAM

Same will happen with the Wii U probably. Perhaps they'll add a slightly better CPU
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.
#57Holoogamooga_Posted 11/29/2012 2:28:38 PM
jesse7150 posted...
Hotel Dusk 2?

I just want to point out this already exists. It's titled "Last Window: The Secret of Cape West," and didn't make it to NA.

Anyway, what was the last really great launch game? Super Mario 64?
#58DaMan1900Posted 11/29/2012 2:44:21 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
kissdadookie posted...
Shift Breaker posted...
The games made haven't been made optimal for the console. Compare graphics among launch game on the PS3/360 and games nowadays. The developers really brought out the best in the console and are really pushing it out now they've got the knack of the consoles. The Wii U is much the same. It may have around the same power as the other consoles released, but it's not the same. The developers need to get used to the console, as it were. There's a reason why most/all(?) the ports aren't of the same quality as the PS3/360 versions.

Problem is, the Wii U from a hardware standpoint, is still essentially a slight bump up from current PS360. So, let us say that they one day finally optimize it, you still end up with hardware running games which are basically a match to the best that came out for the PS360. What happens when devs start ramping up next gen development a year or two after the next Sony and MS boxes come out?

Let's put things into perspective shall we? The next PS is claimed by some devs whom have received the dev kits for the next PS that it's 1) a modified PC 2) the hardware is designed to run games natively at 1080P in 3D at 60 frames per second. A lot of you are probably going to yell and scream at me and try to claim one or both of the following:

1) NO THAT CAN'T BE TRUE! THE NEXT GEN IS SUPPOSED TO BE ONLY A NEGLIGIBLE BUMP UP IN POWER!
2) OH NO! ANOTHER SONY FAIL! THIS MACHINE IS GOING TO COST LIKE 600 AGAIN!

Let's put those claims into the boundaries of reality shall we? It's obvious if the machine is targeting 1080P in 3D at 60 frames per second for the games, it's NOT a negligible bump up in power. It's actually a big jump in power. Now, the pricing, no, even if the box does do 1080P in 3D at 60 frames per second, it can easily cost just $400 or so. Why? Because a budget gaming PC that YOU AND I can build RIGHT NOW with about $500-$600 worth of components including the power supply and casing for the PC, can do the 1080P in 3D at 60 frames per second with a lot of graphical fidelity. This is ACHIEVABLE right NOW for a VERY modest RETAIL price of $500-$600. Sony and MS will NOT be paying ANYWHERE near the price it would be for you and I to build such a machine, for Sony and MS, what they pay for all those parts will come in closer to $300ish for those components. So at a price point of $400, they would easily be able to break even or take a very negligible Wii U type loss in which one game purchase per system will bring it back up to profitability.

So, the big question is, yeah, devs can optimize fully for the Wii U one day, but how is the Wii U going to compete technology-wise with the next MS and Sony boxes? It's a HUGE leap in power between the Wii U and the next gen MS and Sony boxes and devs are most definitely going to focus mainly on MS and Sony boxes as well as PC as those three would have parity with each other.

but does it have a tablet controller and Mario, bro?

if i want a good mario game ill just play the ones i own on the SNES. if i want to play with a tablet ill use my ipad (i dont play on tablets). Not everyone loves nintendo ips (i used to but during the GC years i drifted away)

i said it before launch and ill say it again wiiu will end up like the wii...forgotten. sales leader is up in the air next gen because nintendo has to justify $300 - 350 to the "casuals"
---
Ex Sony Fanboy