For who else is this Nintendo's first console that you're "waiting to see" with?

#1JKSonicPosted 11/29/2012 1:54:12 PM
Which other (if any) Nintendo consoles have you bought on or soon after release? - Results (82 votes)
Wii U is my first one
15.85% (13 votes)
More than three
15.85% (13 votes)
Three or less
35.37% (29 votes)
I never buy any consoles at or near launch
15.85% (13 votes)
Every single one!
17.07% (14 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Just curious and didn't see this poll when I searched (so sorry if I missed it).

For me I bought three at launch (Wii, GC, N64), two soon after (SNES, NES) and I'm "waiting and seeing" with the Wii U.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#2GM_Posted 11/29/2012 1:55:35 PM
History has proven that its silly to question Nintendo.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#3JKSonic(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 2:15:49 PM
GM_ posted...

Why? With the Wii instead of making innovative games they relied on "innovative" controls which usually only made playing games more of a hassle than a joy. Waited in line for 5 hours for the Wii and was full on board for a while...until I realized my Wii was literally covered in dust and I hadn't even turned it on for almost a whole year.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#4GM_Posted 11/29/2012 2:35:03 PM
Quote:GM_ posted...

Why? With the Wii instead of making innovative games they relied on "innovative" controls which usually only made playing games more of a hassle than a joy. Waited in line for 5 hours for the Wii and was full on board for a while...until I realized my Wii was literally covered in dust and I hadn't even turned it on for almost a whole year.

@JKSonic

Then the Wii wasn't for you. Just because you weren't happy with it that doesn't mean other people weren't.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#5GeminiX7Posted 11/29/2012 2:38:17 PM
Only system I've ever bought at launch(been gaming since early SNES era) was the Vita. Traded the FEB for the AC Lib bundle, but overall worth it. I usually buy a system for the next/current gen 3-6 months after release, but usually don't buy another system for that gen till 2-3 years later. I always seem to end up having every console in a generation by the start of the next.
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#6lgiPosted 11/29/2012 2:40:39 PM
Usually I hold back because of financial reasons and whatnot. I didn't buy the Wii, PS3, and Xbox after 6 months of launch. The Wii U is one that I can see myself waiting a year or two. Even then, I don't see myself purchasing it unless really awesome exclusive is announced, something more than a Mario game.
#7JKSonic(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 2:47:53 PM
"Then the Wii wasn't for you. Just because you weren't happy with it that doesn't mean other people weren't."

Did I say it was impossible for anybody to be happy? It was a direct response to you saying it's silly to question Nintendo. I was proving it's not silly at all to at least question them.
---
#8Lelouch71Posted 11/29/2012 3:05:22 PM
I'm taking a wait and see approach with all systems. The phat PS2's DRE issues and this gen as a whole taught me to see how things play out. The only thing I will ever buy within the first year is a Nintendo's handheld. I can count of them to give me the games I want.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#9asher1611Posted 11/29/2012 3:20:33 PM
NES: Xmas gift
SNES: Xmas gift
N64: Xmas gift
GCN: Launch despite having a broken hand
Wii: Launch w/o preorder!
WiiU: Waiting

If you count handhelds, the number ticks up to 3 with the DS -- which I got rid of a few weeks later, repurchased years later, then sold back.
#10JKSonic(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 3:22:20 PM
asher1611 posted...
NES: Xmas gift
SNES: Xmas gift
N64: Xmas gift
GCN: Launch despite having a broken hand
Wii: Launch w/o preorder!
WiiU: Waiting

If you count handhelds, the number ticks up to 3 with the DS -- which I got rid of a few weeks later, repurchased years later, then sold back.

Almost exactly for me. Well, besides the broken hand and the fact that even though the N64 was technically a Christmas present we got it 3 days before launch (so I canceled my TRU preorder) and I was allowed to play it for a couple hours before stashing it away until Christmas.
---