Nintendo keeps resorting to gimmicks to stay relevant but it wont work this time

#1IIX3Posted 11/29/2012 8:53:34 PM
It took them 6 years (Skyward Sword) to actually implement motion controls into a game that wasn't a glorified minigame collection. Many of their games just had waggle or avoided it all together. This is already happening with the Wii U. Mario doesnt use it outside of one mode, Pikmin 3 just offers a map on it.

Nintendo just keeps using gimmicks to stay relevant, but sadly they just aren't what they were. I'm sure fanboys will come in here and attack me, but this is coming from a long time Nintendo fan. Keep defending them if it makes you feel better about your purchase, but I'm done with them. I look forward to when some real next gen consoles come out.
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/n49ick.jpg
#2nilesthebravePosted 11/29/2012 8:54:59 PM
At least it will never be so gimmicky as to put "XXX" before and after their system and game names.
---
Anti-boner is a dangerous material. I isolated pure anti-boner and that is the reason why Germany has negative population growth.-Benamingaska
#3kamikaze135Posted 11/29/2012 8:55:01 PM
My vision of Nintendo has changed. I see them as the only company in the market willing to go full force with idea. They eventually get games to work using these ideas and I end up enjoying. It takes a while for amazing games to be released for their systems, but I don't mind the wait.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#4IIX3(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 8:56:34 PM
nilesthebrave posted...
At least it will never be so gimmicky as to put "XXX" before and after their system and game names.

nice
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/n49ick.jpg
#5ElGado2Posted 11/29/2012 8:56:51 PM
XXX_Inferno_XXX posted...
It took them 6 years (Skyward Sword) to actually implement motion controls into a game that wasn't a glorified minigame collection. Many of their games just had waggle or avoided it all together. This is already happening with the Wii U. Mario doesnt use it outside of one mode, Pikmin 3 just offers a map on it.

Nintendo just keeps using gimmicks to stay relevant, but sadly they just aren't what they were. I'm sure fanboys will come in here and attack me, but this is coming from a long time Nintendo fan. Keep defending them if it makes you feel better about your purchase, but I'm done with them. I look forward to when some real next gen consoles come out.

I agree 100% and I was a die hard Nintendo fan, until I saw the light and let myself buy other systems. Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice...
#6skypunchPosted 11/29/2012 8:57:20 PM
Gimmicks? GIMMICKS??

Buying Monolith Soft wasn't a gimmick, bro!
#7GoombaXPosted 11/29/2012 8:58:18 PM
You ware wrong beyond belief, infact the industry itself says consoles need something that will set it apart from the crowd. Sony and microsoft both agree. Also the wii u is selling great and will continue to do so.
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#8Helmsly2008Posted 11/29/2012 8:59:12 PM(edited)

I agree with you. I'd rather they had just stuck with the remote this time because as you say, they only just started to implement it into games properly now.
#9MANTI5Posted 11/29/2012 8:59:18 PM
The ONLY company that has anything to worry about is Sony. Their gaming division is tanking, their stocks have been downgraded to junk status, and the vita is a complete failure. They can't afford another ps3 so they are in deep trouble this gen. Could be their last console.
#10GoombaXPosted 11/29/2012 9:00:26 PM
ElGado2 posted...

I agree 100% and I was a die hard Nintendo fan, until I saw the light and let myself buy other systems. Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice...

lol your a fool for only buying system outta the 3.
dem exclusives
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it