Nintendo keeps resorting to gimmicks to stay relevant but it wont work this time

#11skypunchPosted 11/29/2012 9:02:06 PM
GoombaX posted...
ElGado2 posted...
XXX_Inferno_XXX posted...
It took them 6 years (Skyward Sword) to actually implement motion controls into a game that wasn't a glorified minigame collection. Many of their games just had waggle or avoided it all together. This is already happening with the Wii U. Mario doesnt use it outside of one mode, Pikmin 3 just offers a map on it.

Nintendo just keeps using gimmicks to stay relevant, but sadly they just aren't what they were. I'm sure fanboys will come in here and attack me, but this is coming from a long time Nintendo fan. Keep defending them if it makes you feel better about your purchase, but I'm done with them. I look forward to when some real next gen consoles come out.

I agree 100% and I was a die hard Nintendo fan, until I saw the light and let myself buy other systems. Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice...

lol your a fool for only buying system outta the 3.
dem exclusives

Dat meaty Monolith Soft AR-PAY-JAY
#12GoombaXPosted 11/29/2012 9:03:56 PM
honestly only a piss poor gamer would get one of the 3.
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#13BigJon1448Posted 11/29/2012 9:34:08 PM
It took them 6 years (Skyward Sword) to actually implement motion controls into a game that wasn't a glorified minigame collection. Many of their games just had waggle or avoided it all together. This is already happening with the Wii U. Mario doesnt use it outside of one mode, Pikmin 3 just offers a map on it.

Nintendo just keeps using gimmicks to stay relevant, but sadly they just aren't what they were. I'm sure fanboys will come in here and attack me, but this is coming from a long time Nintendo fan. Keep defending them if it makes you feel better about your purchase, but I'm done with them. I look forward to when some real next gen consoles come out.

I know you're trolling, but I just felt like saying this. Idk, just wanna speak my mind.

What is Xbox Smartglass? A gimmick...even more of a gimmick than the Wii U (whose controller is the central point of the system). People throw around the word gimmick because they see other people throw it around. It's a bandwagon thing. People do so because they want to be accepted by others instead of having their own thoughts.

The definition of gimmick doesn't even have a negative connotation. It's a selling point. Before motion controls, the gimmick was HD gaming and until the Kinect and Move, people had a choice between the motion control gimmick and the HD gimmick. People chose what they wanted to choose for the most part.
---
If you loved the old GOOD wrestling games, give support:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/920076-wwe-day-of-reckoning
#14ZBug_Posted 11/29/2012 9:36:52 PM
ElGado2 posted...

I agree 100% and I was a die hard Nintendo fan, until I saw the light and let myself buy other systems. Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice...

well, still shame on you for getting fooled.
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#15DemonDog666Posted 11/29/2012 9:37:56 PM(edited)
MANTI5 posted...
The ONLY company that has anything to worry about is Sony. Their gaming division is tanking, their stocks have been downgraded to junk status, and the vita is a complete failure. They can't afford another ps3 so they are in deep trouble this gen. Could be their last console.

I don't know about you but I'd rather have a low selling console with good games then a high selling console with crappy gimmicks forced in every game and very few worthwhile games.
#16dragon_suplex_xPosted 11/29/2012 9:38:54 PM

In this topic: Games using the off screen play ability don't count as use of said "gimmick".
---
But I'm not telling you anything you didn't already know.
Nintendo Network ID: Vertigoink
#17dragon_suplex_xPosted 11/29/2012 9:40:37 PM
BigJon1448 posted...

I know you're trolling, but I just felt like saying this. Idk, just wanna speak my mind.

What is Xbox Smartglass? A gimmick...even more of a gimmick than the Wii U (whose controller is the central point of the system). People throw around the word gimmick because they see other people throw it around. It's a bandwagon thing. People do so because they want to be accepted by others instead of having their own thoughts.

The definition of gimmick doesn't even have a negative connotation. It's a selling point. Before motion controls, the gimmick was HD gaming and until the Kinect and Move, people had a choice between the motion control gimmick and the HD gimmick. People chose what they wanted to choose for the most part.

^ Exactly, also may I point out that Microsoft just announced pricing of the Surface tablets as STARTING at $900.00 lol....god knows how much they would charge for a screen gimmick as a result.
---
But I'm not telling you anything you didn't already know.
Nintendo Network ID: Vertigoink
#18MarioGalaxy2Posted 11/29/2012 9:53:34 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
MANTI5 posted...
The ONLY company that has anything to worry about is Sony. Their gaming division is tanking, their stocks have been downgraded to junk status, and the vita is a complete failure. They can't afford another ps3 so they are in deep trouble this gen. Could be their last console.

I don't know about you but I'd rather have a low selling console with good games then a high selling console with crappy gimmicks forced in every game and very few worthwhile games.

Your right the only good games the Wii had were:

1 Super Mario Galaxy
2 Super Mario Galaxy 2
3 The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
4 World of Goo
5 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
6 The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
7 Xenoblade Chronicles
8 Rayman Origins
9 Metroid Prime Trilogy
10 Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
11 Okami
12 Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
13 Cave Story
14 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10
15 Art of Balance
16 New Super Mario Bros. Wii
17 Donkey Kong Country Returns
18 Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
19 Little King's Story
20 Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
21 LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias
22 Bomberman Blast
23 Kirby's Epic Yarn
24 Boom Blox Bash Party
25 Fluidity
26 Punch-Out!!
27 Tetris Party
28 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
29 Super Paper Mario
30 Boom Blox
31 Kirby's Return to Dream Land
32 Excitebots: Trick Racing
33 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
34 Pro Evolution Soccer 2009
35 Monster Hunter Tri
36 No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
37 Bit.Trip Complete
38 Swords & Soldiers
39 Rhythm Heaven Fever
40 No More Heroes
41 MLB Power Pros
42 Mega Man 9
43 Tales of Monkey Island
44 WarioWare: Smooth Moves
45 And Yet It Moves
46 Bully: Scholarship Edition
47 Pro Evolution Soccer 2008
48 Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People
49 Dead Space: Extraction
50 Trauma Team
51 Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection
52 NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits
53 Sonic Colors
54 Mario Kart Wii
55 Art Style: ORBIENT
56 de Blob
57 Mega Man 10
58 Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
59 Dawn of Discovery
60 Bit.Trip Flux
61 GoldenEye 007
62 MadWorld
63 escapeVektor: Chapter 1
64 LostWinds
65 Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
66 Muramasa: The Demon Blade
67 Wario Land: Shake It!
68 Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
69 LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
70 Wii Sports Resort
71 Red Steel 2
72 A Boy and His Blob
73 Bit.Trip Beat
74 Trauma Center: Second Opinion
75 The Last Story
76 Geometry Wars: Galaxies
77 Wii Fit
78 Bit.Trip Core
79 Rune Factory Frontier
80 Rabbids Go Home
81 NBA Jam
82 Metroid: Other M
83 Blast Works: Build, Trade, Destroy
84 Bit.Trip Void
85 Toki Tori
86 Mario Strikers Charged
87 LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
88 The House of the Dead: Overkill
89 Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
90 de Blob 2
91 Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth

Yes motion controls this generation could of been better implemented.

But still a lot of people underrate how awesome the Wii is.
---
My Fan Made Starter Pokemon www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKoeZ8z98Bo
#19jairusmonillasPosted 11/29/2012 9:53:55 PM

I totally agree.
#20Wiiplayer111Posted 11/29/2012 9:57:53 PM
I remember when analog sticks, shoulder buttons, and online were gimmicks. If people don't introduce new things, nothing will change. And to find out what works is a long process of trial and error.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com