Nintendo keeps resorting to gimmicks to stay relevant but it wont work this time

#101ElGado2Posted 11/30/2012 9:08:33 AM
renzsweet posted...
kamikaze135 posted...
My vision of Nintendo has changed. I see them as the only company in the market willing to go full force with idea. They eventually get games to work using these ideas and I end up enjoying. It takes a while for amazing games to be released for their systems, but I don't mind the wait.

Right there. No one else is stepping out of their comfort zones; they all want to play it safe. I am weary of safe. As much as I am frustrated with Nintendo, I applaud their willingness to do what the others will not, especially when the others just end up copying Nintendo anyway, such as with adding motion control after mocking the Wii for so long, and then admitting with their actions that Nintendo was right all along. I want different. Gaming is feeling too stale to me after more that 3 decades.

The only one playing it safe is Nintendo. They are not competing head to head with Sony or Microsoft. They are not going all out with online or graphics.

Keeping the same the same and adding a "U" is not innovating or taking a risk. Nintendo is the one taking the least amount of risk and playing it the most safe.
#102pearl arowanaPosted 11/30/2012 9:10:52 AM
nintendo need to do price cut asap. wii u spec is so outdated.. its very comparable to ps3 and 360.. sad for a 2012
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or abministrator]
#103_FalstaffPosted 11/30/2012 9:17:24 AM
ElGado2 posted...
Nintendo is the one taking the least amount of risk and playing it the most safe.

And with that, welcome to Business 101.
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#104_Elite_Bushido_Posted 11/30/2012 9:17:25 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
MANTI5 posted...
The ONLY company that has anything to worry about is Sony. Their gaming division is tanking, their stocks have been downgraded to junk status, and the vita is a complete failure. They can't afford another ps3 so they are in deep trouble this gen. Could be their last console.

I don't know about you but I'd rather have a low selling console with good games then a high selling console with crappy gimmicks forced in every game and very few worthwhile games.

Your right the only good games the Wii had were:

1 Super Mario Galaxy
2 Super Mario Galaxy 2
3 The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
4 World of Goo
5 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
6 The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
7 Xenoblade Chronicles
8 Rayman Origins
9 Metroid Prime Trilogy
10 Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
11 Okami
12 Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
13 Cave Story
14 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10
15 Art of Balance
16 New Super Mario Bros. Wii
17 Donkey Kong Country Returns
18 Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
19 Little King's Story
20 Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
21 LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias
22 Bomberman Blast
23 Kirby's Epic Yarn
24 Boom Blox Bash Party
25 Fluidity
26 Punch-Out!!
27 Tetris Party
28 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
29 Super Paper Mario
30 Boom Blox
31 Kirby's Return to Dream Land
32 Excitebots: Trick Racing
33 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
34 Pro Evolution Soccer 2009
35 Monster Hunter Tri
36 No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
37 Bit.Trip Complete
38 Swords & Soldiers
39 Rhythm Heaven Fever
40 No More Heroes
41 MLB Power Pros
42 Mega Man 9
43 Tales of Monkey Island
44 WarioWare: Smooth Moves
45 And Yet It Moves
46 Bully: Scholarship Edition
47 Pro Evolution Soccer 2008
48 Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People
49 Dead Space: Extraction
50 Trauma Team
51 Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection
52 NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits
53 Sonic Colors
54 Mario Kart Wii
55 Art Style: ORBIENT
56 de Blob
57 Mega Man 10
58 Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
59 Dawn of Discovery
60 Bit.Trip Flux
61 GoldenEye 007
62 MadWorld
63 escapeVektor: Chapter 1
64 LostWinds
65 Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
66 Muramasa: The Demon Blade
67 Wario Land: Shake It!
68 Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
69 LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
70 Wii Sports Resort
71 Red Steel 2
72 A Boy and His Blob
73 Bit.Trip Beat
74 Trauma Center: Second Opinion
75 The Last Story
76 Geometry Wars: Galaxies
77 Wii Fit
78 Bit.Trip Core
79 Rune Factory Frontier
80 Rabbids Go Home
81 NBA Jam
82 Metroid: Other M
83 Blast Works: Build, Trade, Destroy
84 Bit.Trip Void
85 Toki Tori
86 Mario Strikers Charged
87 LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
88 The House of the Dead: Overkill
89 Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
90 de Blob 2
91 Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth

Yes motion controls this generation could of been better implemented.

But still a lot of people underrate how awesome the Wii is.

lol more than half of those i dont want to play. some are just remakes, a lot are multiplat. nice try
---
She was pregnant 7 times last year and still hasn't had a baby yet. - Riff Raff
http://tinyurl.com/8pf75y8 http://tinyurl.com/8eufxdl
#105Shinobi120Posted 11/30/2012 9:32:31 AM(edited)
TheFlamingC posted...
To be fair, people do have reason to worry about Sony Computer Entertainment's state right now. Unlike all the Nintendo doom crying.

This. Sony is in a lot of trouble as a whole more so than Nintendo is (& more than just gaming).
#106teknic1200Posted 11/30/2012 9:35:04 AM
ElGado2 posted...
XXX_Inferno_XXX posted...
It took them 6 years (Skyward Sword) to actually implement motion controls into a game that wasn't a glorified minigame collection. Many of their games just had waggle or avoided it all together. This is already happening with the Wii U. Mario doesnt use it outside of one mode, Pikmin 3 just offers a map on it.

Nintendo just keeps using gimmicks to stay relevant, but sadly they just aren't what they were. I'm sure fanboys will come in here and attack me, but this is coming from a long time Nintendo fan. Keep defending them if it makes you feel better about your purchase, but I'm done with them. I look forward to when some real next gen consoles come out.

I agree 100% and I was a die hard Nintendo fan, until I saw the light and let myself buy other systems. Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice...

lol at thinking most of us only have one system.
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
#107teknic1200Posted 11/30/2012 9:36:05 AM
Shinobi120 posted...
TheFlamingC posted...
To be fair, people do have reason to worry about Sony Computer Entertainment's state right now. Unlike all the Nintendo doom crying.

This. Sony is in a lot of trouble as a whole more so than Nintendo is (& more than just gaming).

is sony really going to be able to sell PS4s at a major loss when their status is junk and they can't get loans?
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday
#108TrueBlue91Posted 11/30/2012 9:38:49 AM
greatone101 posted...
MarioGalaxy2 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
MANTI5 posted...
The ONLY company that has anything to worry about is Sony. Their gaming division is tanking, their stocks have been downgraded to junk status, and the vita is a complete failure. They can't afford another ps3 so they are in deep trouble this gen. Could be their last console.

I don't know about you but I'd rather have a low selling console with good games then a high selling console with crappy gimmicks forced in every game and very few worthwhile games.

Your right the only good games the Wii had were:

(list of games)

Yes motion controls this generation could of been better implemented.

But still a lot of people underrate how awesome the Wii is.

Looking at metacritic in terms of AAA games. Wii Only had 14 games over 90%, now lets compare that to the PS3 which came out at the same time which has 44 games over 90%.

Most of all the games you listed were pure and utter crap. Good try though.

Win...
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#109bleedingelitePosted 11/30/2012 9:42:20 AM
XXX_Inferno_XXX keeps resorting to sensationalist thread titles to get attention from his peers on the internet, but it won't work this time! Well, it won't work next time!
#110WhirlingDerpishPosted 11/30/2012 9:49:00 AM
Here's some lemons. Now go make coffee.