Nintendo keeps resorting to gimmicks to stay relevant but it wont work this time

#31Golden MavenPosted 11/29/2012 10:27:35 PM
XXX_Inferno_XXX posted...
It took them 6 years (Skyward Sword) to actually implement motion controls into a game that wasn't a glorified minigame collection.

And even then, a lot of people didn't really care for the motion controls.
#32RetroFanGirlPosted 11/29/2012 10:30:18 PM
Too bad touch screen controls have already been proven on the DS and they've been making games in that manner for some time.
---
Only Nintendo makes good games.
Playing Final Fantasy XII
#33evecharmevePosted 11/29/2012 10:33:32 PM
Wario_man posted...
You ware wrong beyond belief, infact the industry itself says consoles need something that will set it apart from the crowd. Sony and microsoft both agree. Also the wii u is selling great and will continue to do so.

Can't it just be games?

Saddly it will have to be soon when Smart tv's get cheap and take over and no one will need to buy a console to watch netflix hulu or youtube on their tv. it will do it themselves.

I do see MS giving windows 8 and ms office with the next box to try and make a gimmick lol
---
NSMBU
Turning the Wii Ugame pad into The Death Note.
#34MarioGalaxy2Posted 11/29/2012 10:38:46 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
MarioGalaxy2 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
MANTI5 posted...
The ONLY company that has anything to worry about is Sony. Their gaming division is tanking, their stocks have been downgraded to junk status, and the vita is a complete failure. They can't afford another ps3 so they are in deep trouble this gen. Could be their last console.

I don't know about you but I'd rather have a low selling console with good games then a high selling console with crappy gimmicks forced in every game and very few worthwhile games.

Your right the only good games the Wii had were:

Yes motion controls this generation could of been better implemented.

But still a lot of people underrate how awesome the Wii is.

The majority of those aren't good. You can pretend it has that many good games but it doesn't, if any of those games were on ps3 aside from zelda and mario you'd ignore them and in many cases call them pure crap, the only reasons you don't on wii is because you are a fanboy and the bar is so much lower on wii.

Alot of those games are great not because it's sightly greater then shovelware, but because it's a great game.

An a lot of those games wouldn't fit on the PS3 because they were built for the Wii. Because they're different consoles built with different controls schemes in mind.

An who are you pulling out "you're a fanboy so your opinion is invalid or lesser to your own".

That's a really a cheap way to lessen someones opinion, you sir seem to be a ignoring opposite side opinion.

I can accept Wii is flawed, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy it overall despite it flaws.
---
My Fan Made Starter Pokemon www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKoeZ8z98Bo
#35LegendaryHeroRebornPosted 11/29/2012 10:49:40 PM
You clearly haven't played Zelda: Twlight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 2, No more Heroes, etc. which gave great motion controls and were released a few months after the Wii U launched. Or maybe you're just closed minded and haven't been buying Wii games to see that it's not just waggle or gimmick.

Who cares if you turn your back to Nintendo, I mean there's plenty of other game experiences in other systems (Resident Evil 6, Dance Central 3, & Halo 4 are awesome), but I'll always be loyal to Nintendo.
---
Wii U NNID: LegendaryHeroR. 3DS FC: 0731-5087-7070.
Xbox Live & PSN: EliteGamerRyan.
#36evecharmevePosted 11/29/2012 10:52:54 PM
Ok on motion controls

Resident Evil 4 was the best game ever, They added Motion controls to it, Then it became better.

End point
---
NSMBU
Turning the Wii Ugame pad into The Death Note.
#37JonnyBigBossPosted 11/29/2012 10:54:50 PM
kamikaze135 posted...
My vision of Nintendo has changed. I see them as the only company in the market willing to go full force with idea. They eventually get games to work using these ideas and I end up enjoying. It takes a while for amazing games to be released for their systems, but I don't mind the wait.

This. The OP is a boring person IMO.
---
www.gamerevolution.com
Steam & Nintendo ID: JonnyBigBoss
#38JonnyBigBossPosted 11/29/2012 10:56:32 PM
GoombaX posted...
honestly only a piss poor gamer would get one of the 3.

My top of the line gaming PC murders the PS3 and 360. But thanks for being naive.
---
www.gamerevolution.com
Steam & Nintendo ID: JonnyBigBoss
#39Oni_TaedoPosted 11/29/2012 11:06:22 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
MANTI5 posted...
The ONLY company that has anything to worry about is Sony. Their gaming division is tanking, their stocks have been downgraded to junk status, and the vita is a complete failure. They can't afford another ps3 so they are in deep trouble this gen. Could be their last console.

I don't know about you but I'd rather have a low selling console with good games then a high selling console with crappy gimmicks forced in every game and very few worthwhile games.

Except that the PS3 is a low selling console with like, eight good games.

The Wii has Kirby. And I'm sorry, no matter what your console has, it can't be better than the third greatest game series of all time.
---
If you have accepted Kenshiro as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, you are already dead.
#40LegendaryHeroRebornPosted 11/29/2012 11:11:09 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
jairusmonillas posted...
List of shovelware games.

I love how you get so owned that you don't even have an actual reply.

Lol! You're right. It's just opinions. Each system has shovelware. But a lot of those games in the list are actually great if the haters will give them a try.
---
Wii U NNID: LegendaryHeroR. 3DS FC: 0731-5087-7070.
Xbox Live & PSN: EliteGamerRyan.